****Official Deadline Day Thread****

Clemdog

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Uruguay-star-Cavani-completes-move-to-Napoli/8855/ According to this article Napoli paid 5m euros for the initial loan plus 12m for the full transfer in the summer paid over 4 years. That's less than 15m pounds in total, bout 14.5m.

EPL prices are indeed ridiculous. As Barney Ronay pointed out on the Guardian's live blog, Liverpool could've bought Blackburn Rovers with 35m.

Although I should point out that Ozil was entering the final year of his contract, so Werder were forced to sell, which explains the relatively decent fee Real had to pay. Not sure about Khedira's situation.

Cavani will soon move on from Napoli to a top club. Absolute fantastic player.

An English player with 1 cap, who cant get a game infront of an out of form Rooney, Heskey, Crouch or defoe and hes going for 35 million! I hope Liverpool end up in shit creek again

They will. Theres numerous players better than Carrol they could bring in for that kind of money.

Im in amazement that this may actaully happen.

Not disagreeing M8. I don't believe they're using real money anyway, £35 mil for one player, £30mil and you could own Rangers. <cr>

I know. Its sickening to think Andy Carrol is worth more than our football club.

@SkyBet:

Some big money on Manchester United to sign Charlie Adam and Andy Reid's move to Blackpool prompts us to cut odds on Adam moving to Old Trafford from 8/1 to 8/11.

Was just about to post this. What a move for Adam if true. Really hope it is.