Finding out your wireless password

Jasper

Ive moved in with a mate of mine, and he has wireless. Its a secure connection, but hes forgotten the password. Is there anyway I can find out the password when I use his computer? (Its obviously connected to the signal).

Thank you

Lift your router up and check for a label on it, as long as you (or your mate) haven't changed them, the username & ans password will be written on it ... something like

Username: BTINTERNET

Password: PASSWORD

Go to your web browser, type in .. 192.168.1.0 ...it will ask for the above, that should access your router page.

From there you should be able to find the security key .. i presume (if it hasn't been **** out)

Yeah I checked underneath it, while it doesnt say username and password, I can figure out which one is which. Problem is, address ACE gave me doesnt work, and the username/password doesnt work on the first page I accessed (via http://10.1.1.1)

Im in Australia by the way, so maybe its a different address down here?

lol, ok Jasper

click on Start > all Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > a black box will appear type in this this black box > "ipconfig" without the " obviously this should bring information. Your basically looking for your default gateway, should be something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

I know off by hand if your router is a D-Link its 192.168.0.1 / Netgear its 192.168.1.1 / Belkin 192.168.2.1 / Virginmedua HUB/SuperHUB its 192.168.0.1

Anyways when if you can tell me the make I will know the default login for it and once your in there will be a wireless section. Where is will show you the passphrase or network key... this is your wireless password. Any further help give me a PM.

Haha, Jama I was half way through writting you a PM, when I actually got it working!

Cheers to everyone who helped, especially MasterD :crabflute:

BY the sounds of your IP mate you've got an older model of the netgear router. They all use 10.1 IPs. Glad you finally got it.