Gordon better than Shagger

broxi51

6 champions league games compared to 38 games a season in the EPL

now call me a realist here, but if shagger was THAT good, i.e better than gordon, then he would be in the EPL by now, or are we all on here better managers than the likeas of ferguson, wenger etc

When did Wenger become a good manager he won fuck all in 6 years, You must have a soft spot for Gordon as he bloody average at best.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 champions league games compared to 38 games a season in the EPL

now call me a realist here, but if shagger was THAT good, i.e better than gordon, then he would be in the EPL by now, or are we all on here better managers than the likeas of ferguson, wenger etc

He has played alot more 6 European games.

I would say its much harder prizing away McGregor from Rangers than it was for Sunderland to buy Gordon from Hearts.

Gordon doesnt play for Wenger or Ferguson either, he was signed by a clown, a clueless idiot who was mad enough to pay £9m for him!

When did Wenger become a good manager he won fuck all in 6 years, You must have a soft spot for Gordon as he bloody average at best.

if you think wenger isnt a good manager then theres no point in arguing with you

no toher manager has went a whole season in the english game without losing a game, cept mr wenger

I'd be amazed if no big clubs in England had shown an interest in McGregor.

One thing for sure is that Greegs hasn't received the same (back page) media hype that Gordon got.

That tells its own story but that would be me apparantly sounding paranoid getting into that!

:)

I would say its much harder prizing away McGregor from Rangers than it was for Sunderland to buy Gordon from Hearts.

away with ye

we are fucking skinto, clubs could get shagger for 5 million if they wanted, we all know thats how shabby our club has become

remember that hearts debt is all linked to romanovs own bank, they didnt NEED the gordon money, it was just too good to turn down

i only ever thought that gordon was better because he was more commanding in the air, recent games he has been poor yes, but again so is shagger at high balls

but until they both play for roughly the same team in the same level of competition then its a non starter to compare them (tu)

i still think that someone would have taken a chance with shagger, bad headlines or not, by now if they thought he was that good

until shagger comes up against the likes of the guys that gordon does a comparison is fucking pointless

Have you forgotten Shagger plays in the Champions League? And was one of the standouts on either team against the World and European champions a few months ago?

im talking about the amount of action they come under, gordon is busy always at sunderland, so its likely he'll make more mistakes

dont forget some of shaggers howlers, tynecastle last season was it?both are exceptional keepers,

it was about 3 years ago.

if you think wenger isnt a good manager then theres no point in arguing with you

no toher manager has went a whole season in the english game without losing a game, cept mr wenger

Living in the past.

All he's had in the trophy cabinet for the last five years is dust.

away with ye

we are fucking skinto, clubs could get shagger for 5 million if they wanted, we all know thats how shabby our club has become

remember that hearts debt is all linked to romanovs own bank, they didnt NEED the gordon money, it was just too good to turn down

i only ever thought that gordon was better because he was more commanding in the air, recent games he has been poor yes, but again so is shagger at high balls

but until they both play for roughly the same team in the same level of competition then its a non starter to compare them (tu)

i still think that someone would have taken a chance with shagger, bad headlines or not, by now if they thought he was that good

From a players point of view, you honestly think he would goto a mid to bottom table club from us? I dont.

And as we all concede, front page headlines havnt helped his repuatation. Doesnt make him a worse keeper though, makes him better in my mind given that hes become so good even with the media campaign against him.

Why did you only pick out one line from my post, did i have a point with the rest? :rolleyes::)

(tu)

just for you mate

He has played alot more 6 European games.

Gordon doesnt play for Wenger or Ferguson either, he was signed by a clown, a clueless idiot who was mad enough to pay £9m for him!

and gordon has featured in a wad of sunderland games, and sunderland have managed to stay in the EPL, so they are doing something right, that answers point 1 and 3

and point 2 was answered in the last post to you :wink:

as for gordon, the season where he has played the most games for sunderland, was 2007-2008, he played 34 games, and sunderland only conceded 44 goals

thats quite an impressive record for any keeper in a lower EPL team, only 6 teams conceded less than them from the 20 team EPL

just for you mate

and gordon has featured in a wad of sunderland games, and sunderland have managed to stay in the EPL, so they are doing something right, that answers point 1 and 3

and point 2 was answered in the last post to you :wink:

as for gordon, the season where he has played the most games for sunderland, was 2007-2008, he played 34 games, and sunderland only conceded 44 goals

thats quite an impressive record for any keeper in a lower EPL team, only 6 teams conceded less than them from the 20 team EPL

Just amanged to stay in the league, is that it?

Thats right, he had one exceptional year, i remember that one, but since then , hes been in, out, injured and making mistakes more regularly.

Jim, i think Gordon is a fantastic keeper, just not as good as McGregor who has consistantly been better and arguably against better opposition.

They both probably do play just as many hard games as each other every other season, McGregor has at least 4 Rangers Celtic games every season, 7 this season, and at least 6 European games, at least 8 this season. Gordon has 2 v Arsenal, 2 v Man U, 2 v Chelsea and 2 v Man City.

Theres not much point debating it too much as neither party will give in. :)

Doesn't cover up for the last six years of poor management though,Plus Craig Gordons still not on the level of McGregor using your Analogy why was Gordon at Hearts and not Rangers if he was the best keeper in Scotland.

A mourinho would have Arsenal winning trophies in two seasons maybe even his first season.

his save v werder gets better everytime i watch it, i would class it better than gorams v the scum.

He hasn't being doing that great with penalties for a while though, for a stint there i thought he would save every one.

Gordon has done pretty well in the EPL, but I would say the fact that none of the bigger clubs have looked to bring him in tells a story.

Man U, Arsenal and spurs have all been looking for a keeper and Gordons name has never come up.... but shaggers has.

Gordon is a great keeper, but shagger has been doing it week in week out for about 3 years straight and only made 2 or 3 serious errors.