Looking at a programme

Scott-RFC

Motherwell, 1 year ago and the squad change around has been scary, especially the defence

This taking random free players and hoping we'll get lucky has to stop

We end up paying about as much getting rid of players as we would have getting half decent ones in the 1st place

Anyway we need a settled team with a few more decent players and I believe we can not only win the league next year, but once again have some sort of dominance in Scotland

So instead of giving Walter 2-3 million every year for the next 3 years, just give him it this summer and let him build a team

I have a feeling that there is something not quite right in the following:

1. Agents used and favourite agents. We need maybe to spread our wings more.

2. Contract terms - surely there must be some protection written in these if a player just turns out to be poor. If you dont perform at work you can get fired so why not as a footballer? Can the contract be written to include a probationary period of half a season? Maybe then no-one would sign, but on the other hand it could benefit a player who excels.

3. Who is responsible for the players chosen? The manager probably, but does his assistants and scouts not come into this as well? Someone has to carry the can for DUMB signings. (Sebo, Sionko, Papac, Svensson, Ponroy, etc.) maybe UGO too!

4. Maybe there should be a football GM to help the manager by seeing that scouting is well done, youth set up getting results, etc.

5. Cash/Finance - We need to have a consistent plan that works not a rollercoaster, reactionary plan.

Just some thoughts.

I have a feeling that there is something not quite right in the following:

1. Agents used and favourite agents. We need maybe to spread our wings more.

2. Contract terms - surely there must be some protection written in these if a player just turns out to be poor. If you dont perform at work you can get fired so why not as a footballer? Can the contract be written to include a probationary period of half a season? Maybe then no-one would sign, but on the other hand it could benefit a player who excels.

3. Who is responsible for the players chosen? The manager probably, but does his assistants and scouts not come into this as well? Someone has to carry the can for DUMB signings. (Sebo, Sionko, Papac, Svensson, Ponroy, etc.) maybe UGO too!

4. Maybe there should be a football GM to help the manager by seeing that scouting is well done, youth set up getting results, etc.

5. Cash/Finance - We need to have a consistent plan that works not a rollercoaster, reactionary plan.

Just some thoughts.

Number 3 always intrigues me.

Who does the looking ? In the olden days (hark at me) it was some old geezer in a bunnet who could 'spot' a player. Now it's profiles, video segments etc etc. Time for the old geezer in the bunnet again I think.

Who are our "scouts"?

No-one! We got rid of them in the McLeish cost cutting era.

We rely on agents, dvd's and videos. Exactly why we have been ending up with sh*te players.

There was talk of Ewan Chester coming back to the club, so dont know what's happening with that.

Who are our "scouts"?

No-one! We got rid of them in the McLeish cost cutting era.

We rely on agents, dvd's and videos. Exactly why we have been ending up with sh*te players.

There was talk of Ewan Chester coming back to the club, so dont know what's happening with that.

I'm sure i read somewhere that he did come back.

Motherwell, 1 year ago and the squad change around has been scary, especially the defence

This taking random free players and hoping we'll get lucky has to stop

We end up paying about as much getting rid of players as we would have getting half decent ones in the 1st place

Anyway we need a settled team with a few more decent players and I believe we can not only win the league next year, but once again have some sort of dominance in Scotland

So instead of giving Walter 2-3 million every year for the next 3 years, just give him it this summer and let him build a team

Its called Murrays mis-management by him and by the people he employs...Ive been tellin yeez all for long enough

WAKEY WAKEY !!!!!!