Was the UEFA Cup run financially rewarding?

McD

Say we were to lose the league ( I honestly don't think we will ), would a run to the semis or the final be prepare us a little for next season with some contracts being renewed and another couple quality loan signins?

If you get to the final you win something like £2 million overall.

Which is really nothing.

Here Ally, there's £2million to tie up some key contracts!

"Nah that's nothing" :crabflute:

Guest SandyWATP

1st qualifying round: €90,000

2nd qualifying round: €90,000

3rd qualifying round: €90,000

Playoffs: €90,000

Group stage: €100,000

Group match victory: €120,000

Group match draw: €60,000

1st knock out round: €180,000

2nd knock out round: €270,000

Quarter-finals: €360,000

Semi-finals: €630,000

Final: €2,000,000

Winning the final: €1,000,000

Guest SandyWATP

I'm not sure of you get to the final, whether the 2million euros includes the money from the previous rounds, or whether you add that on.

yeah i remember reading to match what the champs league last 16 pays out you have to win the tournament. but there is more gate receipts and a chance for your players to play on a better stage and their value goes up so there is more than one way of looking at it, mean thats how we made so much of cuellar and hutton i believe?

I'm not sure of you get to the final, whether the 2million euros includes the money from the previous rounds, or whether you add that on.

Thanks. You get the payments for each round. £2m is for reaching the final itself. Gate receipts, advertising revenue, etc, gets added to that.

Don't you get something ridiculous like four or five million, just for reaching the CL group stages?

£6mil I believe mate, with another roughly £3mil from TV revenue.

The co-efficient points picked up along the way do have financial value in the following years.

Good point Casey and also the prestige of going deep in the tournament may convince players to stay and help attract players also.

1st qualifying round: €90,000

2nd qualifying round: €90,000

3rd qualifying round: €90,000

Playoffs: €90,000

Group stage: €100,000

Group match victory: €120,000

Group match draw: €60,000

1st knock out round: €180,000

2nd knock out round: €270,000

Quarter-finals: €360,000

Semi-finals: €630,000

Final: €2,000,000

Winning the final: €1,000,000

OK, Sandy but is my tim mate wrong when he says Rangers earned £12m from last year's European run ( CL & Europa league )? Seemingly BBC Sport reported that, along with prize money, TV Rights and gate receipts pushed our revenue way beyond that at the girodome. He says that's why they've emptied the biscuit box this season because they've got to clinch the league. He also reckons Celtic's accounts get made up 10 mins before the AGM as they have to present a better picture than Rangers or the Glasgow suicide rate soars :rolleyes:

We've had two consecutive Champions League group stage participations with Celtic getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds both times and therefore giving us all the money available.

As far as retaining players are concerned that's not made much a difference it would seem so I doubt a Europa League run would do much.

True, there is relatively little money to be made in the Europa vs the Champions league...in direct payments.

However, all Rangers matches from Pana on were televised...both legs...here and abroad...including German and Italian TV matches.

They're worth a lot of money.

A Europa run is worth a lot of cash...just because our accounts did not make sense that year (and they didn't) doesn't mean millions aren't earned.

i remember seeing figures for last season and we made more money from finishing bottom of our Champions League group than Fulham did getting to the Europa League final

Ah...but we, unlike Fulham were in the Champs group stage when we made the final...as we would be hypothetically this year.

With respect, the financial comparison is therefore invalid.

Ah...but we, unlike Fulham were in the Champs group stage when we made the final...as we would be hypothetically this year.

With respect, the financial comparison is therefore invalid.

with respect, im not talking about the year we made the final

im talking about us finishing bottom of our group last season and still making more than Fulham did even though they reached the Europa League final

Obviously if we made the final this year we would earn more,, all im comparing is what Rangers made last season and what Fulham made last season from their European campaigns