just a wee note on Bartley

OrangeBurn

Not sure if anyone noiced this or not. Against PSV, in Eindhoven, Bartley was screaming at everyone. He was telling players what to do and telling them where to be. He had an aggression and a leadship quality which i've not really seen in anyone else in the Rangers team, except maybe McGregor. I'm not saying he should be captain of the side, but for a 19 year old to come in and scream at players he doesn't know THAT well is a true sign of a winner. He isn't the finished article yet and won't be for a while, but he has all the qualities that could make him potentially a great Centre Back.

Like most people, i'm hoping that he stays on another year at Ibrox. I think if we could work on his reading of the game and cut out some school boy errors, we could have a fantastic young centre back running out of the Ibrox tunnel next year.

Thoughts?

he is not going to be here next season IMO and i think we are giving him a hell of a lot more praise than he has actually earned

So you don't think he is going to be a great centre back? You don't think he has great potential?

I'm praising him because I think he will be a great player someday. I haven't mentioned his perfermances or anything. Infact, I have actually said he needs to able to read the game more and cut out some school boy errors.

Do we know if he wants to come back next year? If he doesnt play again this season, i would say he has unfinished business up here.

Hes more than welcome at Rangers any time.

some guy on here asked him before the cup final if he was going to be here next season his reply was "a hope so"

If true, then im happy with that, if we can work it out with Arsene.

a really hope he is here next season and a cant see arsene wenger saying no unless he is going to be playing first team games for arsenal but a think a year loan would do the world of good for himself rangers & arsenal

So you don't think he is going to be a great centre back? You don't think he has great potential?

I'm praising him because I think he will be a great player someday. I haven't mentioned his perfermances or anything. Infact, I have actually said he needs to able to read the game more and cut out some school boy errors.

I understand what dktb was talking about regards what Bartley had actually done during his stint at Ibrox,but I certainly have no doubts that young Bartley has all the ingredients to go a long way in the game, injury permitting.

Those "schoolboy errors" he is prone to, will disappear as he gets older and when he gets an extended run playing with the same players week in week out, so I'd gladly see him back next season, although I am not confident of that happening.

I've seen a lot of great centre halfs in my time, and I'd have to say that Bartley wouldn't be out of place in their company in a few years time,if he progresses as I think he should.

i didnt say that he isnt going to be a great centre back mate where did you get that from? <cr>

Arsenal are screaming for decisive defenders, but is he good enough for the premier league, or Arsenal, I'm not sure. He would most certainly fill the boots up here, but I don't think that will happen. Like it has already been stated, he wants to play down south, best of luck to him.

Arsenal are screaming for decisive defenders, but is he good enough for the premier league, or Arsenal, I'm not sure. He would most certainly fill the boots up here, but I don't think that will happen. Like it has already been stated, he wants to play down south, best of luck to him.

So does boogie n davis and we still signed them. I think he might want to use us as a stepping stone to the EPL. I cant see many EPL teams taking a gamble on him based on two loan spells. TBH I think his best option this summer would be join the rangers on a 3year deal they we sell him on for 7-8million sorted :beer1: