Still got it

ABK

That's fantastic :lol:

Saddens me that the greatest player of all time is remembered not for his amazing footballing talent like this, but for other reasons...

Will always be remembered for his great times of playing on the park for me regardless of what he did and is the greatest player in my generation IMO. The way he made the game look so easy was a joy to watch and at times mesmerising. A guy started a topic about the great man himself and put up a video which I am sure was this.

an absolute genius of our time :praise:

Guest SandyWATP

What a fucking video. One of the most "beautiful footballers" ever.

The closest thing in world football to him is probably Ozil, while Paulo Henrique (Ganso) is labelled the Brazilian Zidane.

What a fucking video. One of the most "beautiful footballers" ever.

The closest thing in world football to him is probably Ozil, while Paulo Henrique (Ganso) is labelled the Brazilian Zidane.

While you are probably correct they both have a very long way to go before being anywhere near the legend of Zizou, Ozil is kind of the same way as him but such a clever player on the ball.

Zizou is definitely my favourite player of all time. I mean I watch Messi just now and he's something else but I grew up on Zidane. He's definitely up there with the Cruyffs, Maradonas and Peles. His sheer technical ability was astounding. I mean just look at how he takes this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDLZOf9y0eg&feature=fvst

Guest SandyWATP

Messi is the better player, but I can see why a lot of people prefer Zidane.

Far more elegant and easy on the eye, whilst making everything look so simple.

Zizou is definitely my favourite player of all time. I mean I watch Messi just now and he's something else but I grew up on Zidane. He's definitely up there with the Cruyffs, Maradonas and Peles. His sheer technical ability was astounding. I mean just look at how he takes this.

Sheer class

Truly one of footballs greats

It's not even the fact he was good with the ball at his feet it was for the sheer size of him and he still glided around with the ball and at times he could stop a game and make it look like art he was that good.

That's fantastic :lol:

Saddens me that the greatest player of all time is remembered not for his amazing footballing talent like this, but for other reasons...

The headbutt is an absolutely crucial aspect of both Zidane the man and the player. Without it he would be a far less interesting figure. He had such beautiful technical ability but the underlying rage was what made him truly different.

He's probably the one footballer who was most like a Shakespearean character. And I dig that.

Guest SandyWATP

The headbutt is an absolutely crucial aspect of both Zidane the man and the player. Without it he would be a far less interesting figure. He had such beautiful technical ability but the underlying rage was what made him truly different.

He's probably the one footballer who was most like a Shakespearean character. And I dig that.

Interesting post, but I had to cringe at the Shakespearean reference :pipe:

Interesting post, but I had to cringe at the Shakespearean reference :pipe:

Football is theatre man. There's the game, and the game's just a game, but there's the narrative too. Zidane is all narrative. He's fucking King Lear man.

1:51-57 fucksake, it's like Swan Lake or something.

Messi is the better player, but I can see why a lot of people prefer Zidane.

Far more elegant and easy on the eye, whilst making everything look so simple.

I wouldn't class messi as the better player just yet but he will be in time giving his age, the only thing messi lacks is a good campaign with Argentina at a world cup, The way he plays he just takes the game to a new level of speed were no one can touch his speed on the ball, at times it is like he has a magnet to his feet his control is immense.

Zidane on the other hand would slow a game and then turn it into the Zizou show, The way he played after the group stages of the WC 2006 was amazing, he carried france to the final and if he hadn't of acted the way he did he could have bowed out of football winning the greatest honour ever for a 2nd time.

Football is theatre man. There's the game, and the game's just a game, but there's the narrative too. Zidane is all narrative. He's fucking King Lear man.

1:51-57 fucksake, it's like Swan Lake or something.

for a 6 foot man to make that look so easy and even the touch from it is just :drool: