Charlie Miller..

Big Co is a headcase mate, well he was when i was younger!

I probably know you.

:)

Yes your right a harmless big guy but indeed a nutjob in his day, I used to travel to the games with him and fezz in my younger days

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to buy my # from big fezz!

:)

The good old days

Funniest memory of them was when we were traveling to ibrox for game against the sheep we got to carmunock roundabout and the sheeps team bus was driving behind us for the full journey, big col and fezz were hanging out the passenger windows giving them abuse the whole journey belting out the bigotry at full volume,

big fezz has to be one of the funniest characters I had the pleasure of meeting

Funniest memory of them was when we were traveling to ibrox for game against the sheep we got to carmunock roundabout and the sheeps team bus was driving behind us for the full journey, big col and fezz were hanging out the passenger windows giving them abuse the whole journey belting out the bigotry at full volume,

big fezz has to be one of the funniest characters I had the pleasure of meeting

Aye mate, he was crazy, i think he moved upto Downcraig, in the new houses were wee Walker got shot few years ago.

Im no sure how much big Co has changed, a year or two back i saw him, sure it was him, hanging out his window as he always did, with the tunes so loud the whole street could hear them, no top on saying hello to everyone who passed by, think hes in West Castle now somewhere.

Its all changed, place is unrecognisable from back then.

I remember my dad bumping into him down in the cricklewood in bothwell, he was totally wasted with his belt undone and dick just about hanging out! This was when he was still with rangers!

A waste of a talent!

Aye mate, he was crazy, i think he moved upto Downcraig, in the new houses were wee Walker got shot few years ago.

Im no sure how much big Co has changed, a year or two back i saw him, sure it was him, hanging out his window as he always did, with the tunes so loud the whole street could hear them, no top on saying hello to everyone who passed by, think hes in West Castle now somewhere.

Its all changed, place is unrecognisable from back then.

Aye that's the way big mans always been, even the taigs in cmilk just accept big cols bigotry blasting from the window,

just a shame the way fezz ended up

If you sqw barry ferguson at the age of 16-22, and given what he actually went on to achieve in his career dont think he made a bit of a mess of it, the frankly ithink your having a laugh.

Ferguson was an incredible footballer, he stood out in one of the best rangers teams ive seen, granted he was playing in a team of superstars, but he was still a stand out. He could have been one of our greatest ever players, imo ofcourse. But he smoked like a chimney, was a ned, became so far up his own arse he could taste his farts, made a wrong move goin to blackburn, fucked his scotland career, had one good season when he returned to us because he couldnt be arsed, shamed himself under le guen, for whatever reason....

Need i go on? Can you remember how shite he was in his last season for us? We went into a title decider and i actually didnt want him to play! That season he spent more time in viollas in uddingston than he did trainin. We all know he was terrible in his last season, so why the sudden transformation at birmingham? Coz he had to actually get his finger oot his arse!

I know he won medals and trophies and captained the rangers, but he could easily have achieved more, surely no one can deny that?

Most of us would kill to have been in his position, i idolised the guy for 5 years. But in my opinion he fucked up.

Ask yourself, what will rangers fans remember most about ferguson? Some will say the free kick in the final at hampden against they fuckers. Quite alot will say the fact he fucked us over. Twice.

He was great here and at Blackburn till he got injured. He's now great at Birmingham. He won 15 trophies with us.

He maybe could have gone on from Blackburn and played for a top 6 side but he was never going to challenge for the Balloon D'or was he?

He was a great player who has won a lot in the game. You talk about him as if he's Xavi or Iniesta and just never quite made the heights of winning champions leagues etc.

Mikel Arteta is a more talented player and has never gone to a bigger EPL club than Everton.

Possibly.

The fact remains that expectation levels are much higher at Rangers than at Blackpool though, and that suits Adam.

He was woefully out of his depth again yesterday against Brazil. I hope his imminent move to Spurs or Liverpool proves me wrong though!

Anyone would look out of depth with such a poor Scotland side facing ridiculously superior opposition.

In fact what was most alarming about the difference between Brazil and Scotland is how fitter and stronger they are. In 1998 Scotland challenged more against a much better full strength Brazil side.

He was great here and at Blackburn till he got injured. He's now great at Birmingham. He won 15 trophies with us.

He maybe could have gone on from Blackburn and played for a top 6 side but he was never going to challenge for the Balloon D'or was he?

He was a great player who has won a lot in the game. You talk about him as if he's Xavi or Iniesta and just never quite made the heights of winning champions leagues etc.

Mikel Arteta is a more talented player and has never gone to a bigger EPL club than Everton.

When he was younger he was a great player, not xavi class but who is. Certainly better than darren fletcher, need i tell you where he is, and if i had to choose a young fergie or arteta, i'd take fergie every time. And arteta was days away from signing wi arsenal! Are you saying barry ferguson achieved all he could in the game? Seriously?

And to say he was "great" at blackburn is just taking the piss.

Anyone would look out of depth with such a poor Scotland side facing ridiculously superior opposition.

In fact what was most alarming about the difference between Brazil and Scotland is how fitter and stronger they are. In 1998 Scotland challenged more against a much better full strength Brazil side.

As soon as i saw that back 4, Whittaker, Brown and McArthur in midfield i knew what was coming, every man and their dog did. Any better players we did have on show were never going to be allowed to showcase any talent they had, although i did notice Charlies first free kick, first time ive saw him hit the wall for months, that stood out to me. Played some great passes but no one to get on the end of them!

Berra, Caldwell, Crainey, McArthur, Brooninho.....Whos kidding who here? :rolleyes:

When he was younger he was a great player, not xavi class but who is. Certainly better than darren fletcher, need i tell you where he is, and if i had to choose a young fergie or arteta, i'd take fergie every time. And arteta was days away from signing wi arsenal! Are you saying barry ferguson achieved all he could in the game? Seriously?

You are at the noise up!

:rolleyes:

At rangers, when arteta was younger and when ferguson was younger, id take ferguson over arteta every time. What did arteta do at ibrox?

Earned a move to Everton, he was outstanding, an incredible player. Look how each of their careers have panned out, sure The Crab won trophies, but he couldnt lace Mikels boots, not even half the player Arteta is.

Fletcher is a runner, he's not a creative player like Ferguson. He's literally just in that team to cover every blade of grass.

Arteta is much more talented than Ferguson ever was. Arteta's one of the best players in the EPL when injury free.

I'm not quite saying he achieved all he could, I'm just asking what more should he have achieved? Alan Shearer is one of the best players English football has seen yet won less trophies than David May. It's all relative.

Earned a move to Everton, he was outstanding, an incredible player. Look how each of their careers have panned out, sure The Crab won trophies, but he couldnt lace Mikels boots, not even half the player Arteta is.

He certainly didnt earn a move to everton from rangers, thats for sure.

Arteta is a great player, i cant deny that, and yes hes better than ferguson. But again, if i had to pick a young fergie or arteta, id pick fergie everytime. It just proves indont think ferguson achieved all he should have in the game, i think if he had continued to develope at the same rate, he'd be better than arteta now.

Just my opinion tho.

As soon as i saw that back 4, Whittaker, Brown and McArthur in midfield i knew what was coming, every man and their dog did. Any better players we did have on show were never going to be allowed to showcase any talent they had, although i did notice Charlies first free kick, first time ive saw him hit the wall for months, that stood out to me. Played some great passes but no one to get on the end of them!

Berra, Caldwell, Crainey, McArthur, Brooninho.....Whos kidding who here? :rolleyes:

Usually Scotland have a fairly decent defence then a pretty haphazard attack. Now it seems the other way around. Scotland need to somehow improve the backline, maybe Danny Wilson is worth trying because it's a horrific looking back partnership.

The Scotland team against Brazil completely lacked shape. For a start, there is not enough of a midfield there. There's a clear lack of a ball winner or holding player for starters.

Scotland should just play 4-5-1/4-3-3 every game, I'd like to see Rangers doing that too but it's shown to not work under Smith.

He certainly didnt earn a move to everton from rangers, thats for sure.

Arteta is a great player, i cant deny that, and yes hes better than ferguson. But again, if i had to pick a young fergie or arteta, id pick fergie everytime. It just proves indont think ferguson achieved all he should have in the game, i think if he had continued to develope at the same rate, he'd be better than arteta now.

Just my opinion tho.

I think what he done at Rangers played a huge part in him ending up at Everton.

His attitude was stinking, some folk knew early doors how it would end up for Barry. I dont like him as a person, i dont rate him as a player, and when people call him a legend i laugh at their ignorance of true greats.

I understand its your opinion mate, i respect that, i just cannot agree with it.

(tu)

Usually Scotland have a fairly decent defence then a pretty haphazard attack. Now it seems the other way around. Scotland need to somehow improve the backline, maybe Danny Wilson is worth trying because it's a horrific looking back partnership.

The Scotland team against Brazil completely lacked shape. For a start, there is not enough of a midfield there. There's a clear lack of a ball winner or holding player for starters.

Scotland should just play 4-5-1/4-3-3 every game, I'd like to see Rangers doing that too but it's shown to not work under Smith.

They were a shambles, how Levein thought he would get away with that team astounds me. Caldwell, Berr and Crainey are premiership players in name only. Scott Brown gets picked because he plays for Celtic and i have no idea why a right back was picked in midfield, in our own Whitts.

<cr>

Fletcher is a runner, he's not a creative player like Ferguson. He's literally just in that team to cover every blade of grass.

Arteta is much more talented than Ferguson ever was. Arteta's one of the best players in the EPL when injury free.

I'm not quite saying he achieved all he could, I'm just asking what more should he have achieved? Alan Shearer is one of the best players English football has seen yet won less trophies than David May. It's all relative.

Alan shearer was a model pro though, you could never argue that he under achieved in his careee because of his attitude, you could never argue that he could have become a better player if he had just knuckled down. Could you?

I take your point on fletcher, but in my opinion ferguson was a better player when others were doing the creative work, under advocaat for example, and to an extent now at birmingham. I believe that because of his " im fuckin bruliant man" attitude he tried to become a midfielder that bombed forward and scored goals as well as creating them, and i i dont think he was as good at that. I think he was a far better sitting midfielder. Like he is at birmingham. Funny that, coz hes been playing pretty well for them eh?

I think what he done at Rangers played a huge part in him ending up at Everton.

His attitude was stinking, some folk knew early doors how it would end up for Barry. I dont like him as a person, i dont rate him as a player, and when people call him a legend i laugh at their ignorance of true greats.

I understand its your opinion mate, i respect that, i just cannot agree with it.

(tu)

Q

Mate im partially agreeing with you on your point, most anyway. As ive stated in numerous previous posts, i cant stand ferguson as a player or person now. I had several dealings with him through things i wont go into, and as a person hr's an absolute tosser, seriosly, hes an arsehole. Ive seen him trying to hide the fact thats hes smokin up the back of a bar despite no one else being allowed to, and ive heard plenty "do you know who i am" lines aswell, loads of daft things that just make the guy a prick. As a player he ended up pish in the end with us, just my opinion, but i remember the reaction to his stray passes at ibrox, i wasnt alone.

All i am saying is, when he was young and putting in the effort, he was incredible. The night we played parma at ibrox he embarrased them, he was oustanding, and there was plenty more performances like that from him. But he ruined himself, maybe thats why he does my head in. Id have done anything to be given the chance tomplay with rangers, ive always dreamed of scoring and running towards the seats me and old man sit in. He had that chance and, in my humble opinion, he never fully fulfiled his potential. and i believe he had real potential.

He should never be described as a legend, because the man he is was never fit to wear that armband.

Great points though bud.

Can i just point out by the way, at the start of this i was actually pointing out that charlie miller fucked up his career with his attitude, and i felt that ferguson had also, to a lesser extent, done something similar. Ive ended up having to defend a younger fergie even though im not too keen on the older fergie!

Fuck it WATP lol

Mate im partially agreeing with you on your point, most anyway. As ive stated in numerous previous posts, i cant stand ferguson as a player or person now. I had several dealings with him through things i wont go into, and as a person hr's an absolute tosser, seriosly, hes an arsehole. Ive seen him trying to hide the fact thats hes smokin up the back of a bar despite no one else being allowed to, and ive heard plenty "do you know who i am" lines aswell, loads of daft things that just make the guy a prick. As a player he ended up pish in the end with us, just my opinion, but i remember the reaction to his stray passes at ibrox, i wasnt alone.

All i am saying is, when he was young and putting in the effort, he was incredible. The night we played parma at ibrox he embarrased them, he was oustanding, and there was plenty more performances like that from him. But he ruined himself, maybe thats why he does my head in. Id have done anything to be given the chance tomplay with rangers, ive always dreamed of scoring and running towards the seats me and old man sit in. He had that chance and, in my humble opinion, he never fully fulfiled his potential. and i believe he had real potential.

He should never be described as a legend, because the man he is was never fit to wear that armband.

Great points though bud.

He was good when he didnt have a reputation or big head yet. His interview when he claimed the "gaffer told me a wiz wurth fifteen mullion n that" was cringeworthy material. I agree he did not fulfill his potential. Exactly mate, never a legend.

(tu)