Tennent's Could Have Been a Player

justingee

They did mention they were gonna do it next year, me and a couple of lads on here got picked at murray park to play at ibrox on the 13th May, seriously cant wait to play on that pitch! hopefully they do it for a few years to give more people that chance.

They did mention they were gonna do it next year, me and a couple of lads on here got picked at murray park to play at ibrox on the 13th May, seriously cant wait to play on that pitch! hopefully they do it for a few years to give more people that chance.

Well done mate!!!

Whats the standard like? What age group is it? I applied but never made the trials, i was absolutely gutted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done mate!!!

Whats the standard like? What age group is it? I applied but never made the trials, i was absolutely gutted.

sorry for late reply m8, sorry you didnt make the trials, i forgot i entered as i thought knowin my luck i wud never get chosen but here i am waitin to play at ibrox next week, glad i entered.

age group was really varied, a lot of 18-26ish i think and a few older players, think there was 1 guy who was about 45-50...fair play to him for gettin a good day out! when we got put into groups the standard was quite varied but you could tell the better players when we went into small sided games etc. they said they might do it next year so keep an eye out for it!

sorry for late reply m8, sorry you didnt make the trials, i forgot i entered as i thought knowin my luck i wud never get chosen but here i am waitin to play at ibrox next week, glad i entered.

age group was really varied, a lot of 18-26ish i think and a few older players, think there was 1 guy who was about 45-50...fair play to him for gettin a good day out! when we got put into groups the standard was quite varied but you could tell the better players when we went into small sided games etc. they said they might do it next year so keep an eye out for it!

Good on you mate, enjoy your day, id give anything to be doing it so just lap it up.

I was just wondering if they pick the finak squad on merit, or do they just let anyone play. Dont get me wrong, im no gazza or anything, but i pay for a team so i thought if i made it to the trials id have a decent enough chance. I'll be trying every year anyway.

Good luck with it mate, let me know how it goes.

I trained on the hallowed turf in the very first Rangers training day. It really is something else running about Ibrox as 9yr old with your parents in the stand :D

Stole a bit of the turf too but don't tell anyone :P