Dundee United trio

supermac

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13214101.stm

Dundee United manager Peter Houston has resigned himself to losing midfielders Craig Conway, Prince Buaben and Morgaro Gomis at the end of the season."We know that they're leaving here," said Houston. "They've indicated from early on they want to move on and try something different.

"It's been reported Brighton are interested in Morgaro and Prince.

"Craig Conway has been linked with a number of clubs and good luck to them if they all go."

Rangers are one of those linked with Conway, who joined United from Ayr United in 2006 and whose performances won him his first Scotland cap three years later.

Gomis, also 25 and who was born in France but capped by Senegal, worked his way up through the lower English football leagues, playing for Windsor & Eton, Dagenham & Redbridge, Barnet and Lewes.

Levein also signed Buaben during his spell in charge of United, securing the Ghanaian after he exited Ajax in July 2007, and the 23-year-old has since played more than 100 times for the club.A short spell at Cowdenbeath preceded a move to Dundee United after he followed manager Craig Levein to Tannadice in January 2007.

"Those three guys have done Dundee United good service and, if they go and earn three or four times as much money, good luck to them," said Houston, who was Levein's assistant.

"They go with my best wishes because they've done me a turn."

The bottom line is that United cannot match the wage demands of the midfield trio.

Gomis and Buaben share an agent, who has confirmed that Guy Poyet's runaway League One leaders, having secured promotion to the Championship, are keen on the duo.

However, he stressed that clubs in the Championship, League One and Scottish Premier League were all interested and that no decision about their futures would be made until the end of the season.

All three leaving on bosmans, takeover or no takeover get all three in for much needed depth of the squad what do we think? Combined wages would probably be about the same as James Beattie's

Don't rate Craig Conway. Very inconsistent and don't think he would be good enough. Might be a decent squad player though, especially on a free transfer and low wages.

Margaro Gomis is a player I rate even though he has not had a good season. Better than Edu, McCulloch and Hutton IMO. Like Conway could be a decent squad player for free.

As for Bauben I really don't rate him.

But there is one player we should be doing all we can to sign from Dundee Utd and that is David Goodwillie (tu)

If (a must IMO) we are looking for a central midfielder, then we have to look for better than Edu, McCulloch, Gomis and Bauben!

We need a proper midfielder, one who understands the role, can play and contribute... If Edu and McCulloch are first team regulars next season, then we are in trouble.

I'd take Gomis if it meant bringing in quality to partner Steven Davis, and moving on Edu/McCulloch - Gomis would be a squad player. No need for Gomis or Bauben if McCulloch, Edu, Davis, Ness and Hutton are all going to be at the club.

As for Craig Conway. I don't rate him. Not too sure on his knee and is having trouble with either his calf or hamstring. He is far too inconsistent, and his delivery is nowhere near as good as people say it is.

Don't rate Craig Conway. Very inconsistent and don't think he would be good enough. Might be a decent squad player though, especially on a free transfer and low wages.

Margaro Gomis is a player I rate even though he has not had a good season. Better than Edu, McCulloch and Hutton IMO. Like Conway could be a decent squad player for free.

As for Bauben I really don't rate him.

But there is one player we should be doing all we can to sign from Dundee Utd and that is David Goodwillie (tu)

I agree Goodwillie is the number one player I want at the moment. I just don't get why he signed a new contract so close to the end of the season knowing we are interested and have limited funds at the moment. We can forget about him until we have money. I think Conway and Gomis can add something to the squad where as Bauben would be another body for cover, I suppose we have Hutton for that but since we have such a small squad and he is free I suggested him too.

conway had 9 assists last season only davis and the lesbian were better.

hes had problems this season certainly. as a cheap option i would take him. this season we have had lafferty whittaker and edu on the right of midfield. if we can afford conway hes got to be a better option.

I would take gomis and conway.

Ive been told that conway will be going to celtic though.

Guaranteed money maker, i can see it now. Wont be surprised at all.

Very poor if we allow it to happen, the lad should have been tied up long ago.

There he will be behind 8 or 9 other wingers, here he would be first choice probably.

If (a must IMO) we are looking for a central midfielder, then we have to look for better than Edu, McCulloch, Gomis and Bauben!

We need a proper midfielder, one who understands the role, can play and contribute... If Edu and McCulloch are first team regulars next season, then we are in trouble.

I'd take Gomis if it meant bringing in quality to partner Steven Davis, and moving on Edu/McCulloch - Gomis would be a squad player. No need for Gomis or Bauben if McCulloch, Edu, Davis, Ness and Hutton are all going to be at the club.

As for Craig Conway. I don't rate him. Not too sure on his knee and is having trouble with either his calf or hamstring. He is far too inconsistent, and his delivery is nowhere near as good as people say it is.

re his delivery i am not 100% sure what its been described as before but it would be significantly better than our current level.

Would cost them next to nothing and would mean its another dangerous player we couldnt get. Thats the games they play. Its a no risk deal.

conway wont fall for that. frankly i doubt he will join either team. he wont be going anywhere as back up.

conway wont fall for that. frankly i doubt he will join either team. he wont be going anywhere as back up.

Wait until there is a contract from Celtic on the table, the press build it up, his family talk him into it, Liewell, Lennon sell the club, he wont have to think twice.

We should have had him tied up on January 1st.

Wait until there is a contract from Celtic on the table, the press build it up, his family talk him into it, Liewell, Lennon sell the club, he wont have to think twice.

We should have had him tied up on January 1st.

his dad doesnt want him at the of.

if his knees as bad as muff thinks then maybe he will take the security.