Quotes from Whyte

sairdy

They're not the same company. Nike own Umbro. Different companies, different merchandise, different products.

Well they all sit in the same fukin office in Hilversum in Holland and jointly plan their marketing strategy whilst having their merchandise made in the same fukin factories.

Or maybe you know better?

You do hear some uneducated pish on message boards.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the England kit?

:lol:

How selective, let me say, like the Rangers kit, because that is applicable to our debate. Nike shit all over Umbro. Just look at the exposure of our kit compared to our rivals. :rolleyes:

In any case, i want Adidas and going by polls on here, most fans on here, want Adidas too.

Umbor is shite and nothing anyone says will change my opinion.

Going off topic now...............

Well they all sit in the same fukin office in Hilversum in Holland and jointly plan their marketing strategy whilst having their merchandise made in the same fukin factories.

Or maybe you know better?

You do hear some uneducated pish on message boards.

But they're still different companies. Umbro are part of the Nike family, but not part of Nike themselves.

Somebody needs to calm down.

Especially liked the part where he says that himself and ally have hard acts to follow. Gives the impression from that article that he knows there is alot of work needing done with alot of things needing changing and that he is up for the challenge!

Exciting times :D

But they're still different companies. Umbro are part of the Nike family, but not part of Nike themselves.

Somebody needs to calm down.

Nike own Umbro

Nike appoint the directors of Umbro

Nike decide the marketing strategy of Umbro

The people who make the decisions in Umbro are Nike people

They all work out of the same building.

How difficult is that to understand?

Nike own Umbro

Nike and Umbro are different companies.

hes saying all the right things.

interesting to hear that we are aiming for 4 or 5 players (dependent on ally's needs).

also very appealing to hear how the clubs commercial side is linked with success on the field - more money>better players>more trophies>more commercial?more money....

"Being able to bring my father, Tom, to Ibrox was something special. He used to bring me to the Copland Road end to watch Rangers 30 years ago.

"The only thing different is that I couldn't sing in the directors' box."

Spiers was there, wasn't he Mr Whyte? :wink:

Great wee bit about taking his dad to the game. Imagine the pride his dad feels knowing his son is the owner of Rangers.

Good post caught in the crossfire (tu)

That's what I meant about him speaking from the heart.

Murray was never a Rangers man and managed to bring us good times,A Rangers man with money?

The floor is yours Mr Whyte.

Umbro and Nike are the same company - how many times do we have to point this out?

Umbro's reach overseas isn't nearly what Nike's is. I've mentioned this before on this board - I can walk into nearly any respectable sporting goods store in my region of the USA and not see a single Rangers top. But because that other club wears that stupid swoosh, I can't get away from seeing that shirt. Umbro is a subsidiary of Nike now, yes ... but the swoosh is what does business around the world.

Just because Nike and Umbro are owned by the same people it doesn't make them the same thing doh.

Of course not - its just the same directors, the same marketing strategy, the same factories where the kit is made and the same profits going to the same conglomorate.

Nike affiliates include Unbro, Converse and a few others.

The swoosh might be different but thats about all.

Google a bloke called 'Eunan McLaughlin' - A recently retired Nike employee who was in charge of Nike Affiliates.

A real DFB if ever there was one - he ran the affiliates programme and he hates The Rangers.

His pay check said 'Nike', his bosses were 'Nike' and his background was 'Nike'

Luckily he has recently retired.

Nike are Umbro and Umbro are Nike.

Nike own Umbro

You're right to a certain extent, but they are different companies with different strategies.

eg Express By Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both hotel brands "owned" by Intercontinental Hotels Group, but they are 2 completely different types of hotel, with completely different standards, strategies, and qualities.

You're right to a certain extent, but they are different companies with different strategies.

eg Express By Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are both hotel brands "owned" by Intercontinental Hotels Group, but they are 2 completely different types of hotel, with completely different standards, strategies, and qualities.

A bit like Umbro and Nike. We get the cheap alternative.

Ma boy works for Nike - the guy who sits on the desk opposite him in the same building works for Umbro.

if Nike and Umbro were the same company then unbro would be called nike.

Umbro still have a separate identity because they are a separate company

Of course not - its just the same directors, the same marketing strategy, the same factories where the kit is made and the same profits going to the same conglomorate.

Nike affiliates include Unbro, Converse and a few others.

The swoosh might be different but thats about all.

Google a bloke called 'Eunan McLaughlin' - A recently retired Nike employee who was in charge of Nike Affiliates.

A real DFB if ever there was one - he ran the affiliates programme and he hates The Rangers.

His pay check said 'Nike', his bosses were 'Nike' and his background was 'Nike'

Luckily he has recently retired.

Nike are Umbro and Umbro are Nike.

You don't think having Nike on a football top has any advantages to having Umbro :rolleyes: ?

The end product is different.

Ma boy works for Nike - the guy who sits on the desk opposite him in the same building works for Umbro.

I worked for Holiday Inn and the guy I went to meetings with worked for Crowne Plaza.

We worked for the same company, but we had completely different hotels to work in, with differing standards and strategies.

eg Express By Holiday Inn was the cheaper version compared to Crowne Plaza, and although we were both working for the same company, we had differing standards to meet in our respective hotels.

As I said initially, you're right to a certain extent, but the 2 companies will not be run the same. If they were, they'd amalgamate them and cut out on numerous costs.

You don't think having Nike on a football top has any advantages to having Umbro :rolleyes: ?

The end product is different.

The end product is the same - they come out of the same factories.

Some people who are brainwashed by marketing men might be fooled but its all the same material with the profit going to the same people.

The sales of the England national strip dont seem to suffer from having Umbro on it.