Rangers Manager for a Season

papaguy51

Flamini would be a good signing but he wants a move to Spain or Italy. We could never attract him to Ibrox.

He would indeed came out last week and said if he is not gonna be featuring for Arsenal then he would like to move but definately worth looking in to

Flamini is more of a defensive mid. We already have hemdani and Thomson we wouldn't need another one.

Prso, Klos, Rae and N'Diaye would leave as out of contract.

On top of that I'd,

Sebo- Offer to Austria Vienna or Artmedia Bratislava for £700k

Papac- Offer to a few clubs for £250k

Svensson- Offered to IFK for £250k

Sionko- Offered to a few clubs, £350k

Buffel- Offer to a few clubs for £1.5million

Novo- Offer to clubs, around £300-500k

Ehiogu- Release

I'd then offer,

Zoltan Gera a pre-contract worth £20k a week

Davie Weir a new 1 year deal

Robbie Fowler a 2 year deal worth £20k a week

Timo Hildebrand a 3 year contract worth £28k a week

Petter Hansson a 3 year contract worth £14k a week

I'd make Man United and Kieron Richardson an offer of a season's loan deal, paying 40% of his wages

Alan Gow and Kirk Broadfoot already signed

Offer £1 250 000 for Steven Naismith

Offer £2 900 000 for Scott Brown

Offer £950k for Daniel Majstorovic

Sign Webster for £500k

Offer £1 750 000 for David Healy

Alan Lowing and Dean Furman promoted into the 1st team

Hildebrand, McGregor, Robinson

Hutton, Majstorovic(can play RB or CB), Lowing

Weir, Webster, Hansson, Majstorovic, Broadfoot

Smith, Murray, Richardson(can fill in there incase of injuries)

Gera(can also play in the centre), Brown(can also play in the centre), Burke

Ferguson, Brown, Hemdani, Gera, Thomson, Furman

Richardson(can also play at LB or in the centre midfield), Naismith(can also play upfront), Gow(can play in 2 other positions)

Healy, Boyd, Fowler, Naismith

Starting 11

------------------------HEALY--BOYD------------------

RICHARDSON------FERGUSON--BROWN-------GERA

SMITH-----------HANSSON-----WEIR---------HUTTON

--------------------------HILDEBRAND------------------

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME - REAL GOOD< but YOU/WE ARE PROBABLY DREAMING!

Out:

Klos. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Ehiogu. Transfer Fee - £200,000, Wages - £15,000

Papac. Transfer Fee - £300,000, Wages - £8,000

Svensson. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £8,000

Rae. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Prso. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Sebo. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £10,000

Sionko. Transfer Fee - £250,000, Wages - £10,000

N'Diaye. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Buffel. Transfer Fee - £2,000,000, Wages - £15,000

Total Transfer Fee - £3,750,000

Total Wages - £135,000 PW

If the above players really do get those wages its scary. We could get 6 quality players on £20k a week for that. Not one of those 10 players are regulars anymore and only really klos and prso have done anything of note for rangers over the past years. £135k a week in wages for people hardly playing is crazy.

Out:

Klos. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Ehiogu. Transfer Fee - £200,000, Wages - £15,000

Papac. Transfer Fee - £300,000, Wages - £8,000

Svensson. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £8,000

Rae. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Prso. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £30,000

Sebo. Transfer Fee - £500,000, Wages - £10,000

Sionko. Transfer Fee - £250,000, Wages - £10,000

N'Diaye. Transfer Fee - £0, Wages - £5,000

Buffel. Transfer Fee - £2,000,000, Wages - £15,000

Total Transfer Fee - £3,750,000

Total Wages - £135,000 PW

If the above players really do get those wages its scary. We could get 6 quality players on £20k a week for that. Not one of those 10 players are regulars anymore and only really klos and prso have done anything of note for rangers over the past years. £135k a week in wages for people hardly playing is crazy.

I am just guessing the wages.

Right, a lot of criticism goes on about the management etc with our club, so if anyones interested I thought I'd set a wee challenge.

Say you have £7million to start off with. You are Rangers manager for next season, in charge of buying players, selling players, getting money in and the systems the teams play.

What would you do next season REALISTICALLY, ie no selling Charlie Adam for £20mil and bringing in Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

Be interesting to see how different RM members respond.

Ok, I'm game

Sell Burke for 1-1.5mill, Sell hemdani - again 1 - 1.5 mill. Svensson for 750k, Novo for 250k, Buffel for 750k and papac for 250k. if that goes well than I will have between 4 and 5 million squid more to play with, also bring down salary - I would also let it be touted that Boyd could be bought at a decent price - no less than 2.5 mill - would really be looking for 4 mill though. So we may have 11 mill plus Murrays original 7 million.

Now, bearing in mind the formation I wish to play I try for the following players, or players of that ilk

Brown, for 2.5 - 3 million - wont go higher.

Webster I would enquire about buying, though I wont pay millions, anything under 1 million is good, though we should get him much cheaper than that

Would really go after Jerome Alliadere from Arsenal - would be prepared to go high in price as I really rate this guy - Celtic messed him up big time but would make it clear to him that we would be playing football on the deck and he would be a focus point for years to come. Would go as high as 5-6 mill on him - wages might be steep, but again, id bite the bullet there

Would aso sign young Naismith of Killie - would offer a million and go as high as 1.5 - thats the type of mobile forward my team would need. Also versatile and that is important for any team

Next, we need a center half to partner Webster. I should also say that I wont be renewing Weirs deal and Ugo will be staying to fulfil his contract only - he will be a backup only

I want to avoid players who havent played in the British domestic leagues so would look down south first. Young Patrick Boyle at Everton has been getting some good reviews, so I would have a look at him - also would see how much we could get Matthew Sadler for from Birmingham. Basically, sound out the first two leagues in England. If they could offer us noone for 3 mill or under, I would look at Russell Anderson and hope to get him for 1.5

I would definitely try to get James McFadden in but would not go higher than 3.5m.

Then, assuming we got Russel Anderson, I would have 3 mill to go on a keeper - on this one I am not sure who I would go for. Again, send the scouts out down south. I am not sold on Craig Gordon so would not go that avenue - would be happy to get a solid, experienced keeper with EPL experience.

So that would be it - any funds left over would be held in case of emergency need in the new year window

Formation

Ok - Webster and Anderson (or EPL Ch) would be the rocks at the back

Hutton and Smith would be forward thinking full backs, adding width to the midfield

Thomson would sit in front of the centre halfs and be used as a defensive buffer to what will be an attacking midfield, also a link up man between the defenders and the midfield

In Front of Thomson would be Barry - central midfielder, rock of the team

In front of Barry would be McFadden on the left and Brown on the right - both playing as attacking midfielders, inside right and inside left.

Up front we would have 2 mobile players, Naismith and Alliedere - at home, we would play both right up front and we would worry big central defenders with their quickness and mobility, they would be excellent at making runs that would pull defenders away from areas that Brown and McFadden would run into

In away games or games against better sides, you have the option of pulling Naismith a little deeper into browns role and playing Brown alongside Fergie to give us more in the middle of the park

On the bench from

mcGregor

Lowing

Murray

Gow

Sebo

Broadfoot

Adam

(various youngsters)

Keeper

Hutton Webster Anderson (?) Smith

Thomson