Style of play for next season

bs1982

Our form and style of play over the last month has been great and really reminded me of Dec 09. That was without a doubt the best run of form we had last season and it is no coincidence that we have hit our best form this season with a similar approach.

A lot of the players have changed but the style is very comparable:

• 4-4-2
  • A proven finisher who looks like scoring in every game (Jelavic/Boyd)
  • Fast, Hard-working partner up front pressurising defenders (Lafferty/Miller)
  • Two fast, attack-minded wide midfielders (Naismith&Wylde/Novo&Beasley)
  • Davis in middle pulling the strings
  • All of them closing down quicker and higher up the pitch

When we play like that the SPL defenders can't cope. If we close down and take away the easy pass they revert to type and hit the long ball forward which is easy for our defence. Playing more attack minded players actually makes it easier for the defenders (1 goal in our last 9 games!) so there is absolutely no need for a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1.

Hopefully Ally can see that and bases his tactics around that style next season. Buy players that will fit into that system and enhance it. Players like Eremenko are exactly what we don't need - he may be talented and skillful but is lazy and wouldn't press so someone like Vaughn would actually be far better for us.

Stick with 2 up front and Davis in the middle at all costs (in SPL) and get us playing entertaining football and racking up the goals!

I prefer when we go two up front and try to press teams. Our midfield and front have been working their bollocks off the last couple of months and at last Lafferty has starting scoring consistently and he's bursting a gut closing defenders down!

Also been impressed with Davis, if we get someone consistent to play beside him (McCulloch or Ness) he would flourish even more!

Naismith links up brilliantly with Jelavic and Lafferty and Wylde give us a wee bit of width and pace we've been lacking.

The partnership of Lafferty and Jelavic has come at a crucial time in the season for us just as we were wondering if the sale of Miller would bite us on the arse. They really have stepped up to the plate and delivered!

Hopefully with a couple of good signings next season will be pretty exciting!

I heard last on TV / radio (can't remember which doing a lot of channel / station hopping) that Ally wants to play 433, anyone else hear that. Personally I like 442 with 2 wingers, 2 up front and midfielders pushing up closing down quickly. That's for next season let's close this one out in style and then go to town. :)

see as long as we win i couldnt care how we play!

people say awwe i love watching the beautiful football of barca, selick seem to think they play awesome football too, and they seem to love that

however although i do like watching good football, there is not a better feeling than WINNING

:clap: