Super Ally

I really hope he comes good. Like a lot of people from my generation McCoist is a boyhood hero and an undisputed Rangers legend.

Seeing him fail will really, really hurt - especially considering who the current Celtic manager is.

I think he'll surprise a lot of people though.

Keep hearing from various quotes that behind closed doors Ally has a different side to him, born out of a shear desire to win, that we guys don't see. Knowing this, I feel even more confident that he'll be a success. Failure simply isn't a word in his vocabulary.

As long as Ally doesn't do what Greig did and that was be loyal to guys who won't take us forward...the likes of Diouf,Weir and Foster.

If he brings in 8 players...4 quality with cash and 4 loans or Bosmans or good quality then i feel we'll walk it next season and Ally will play good attacking football.

I agree. I wonder what his knowledge of players is like though if he's to rebuild the squad.

It's not purely 'his' knowledge of players, we've appointed the likes of brown and Neil Murray in this regard. Neil particularly is said to have a deep knowledge of players around Europe.

People tend to forget that we have backroom staff for scouting and finding players. Just the same as that bawbag across the city hasn't found these players all by himself.

Ultimately it's the managers decision but it's up to the backroom staff to be suggesting who he should be looking at and deciding on.