Chelsea Fail In Pastore Bid

Italian outfit Palermo claim they have rejected a bid from Chelsea for Argentina star Javier Pastore.

The highly-rated 21-year-old is being chased by Europe's biggest clubs with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Manchester City all understood to be keen on the young forward.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini values his young star at over £40million, which is why he says he has shunned an offer from Chelsea which falls short of his valuation.

"Chelsea was a club that we had a major offer from,'' Zamparini told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

"It did not reach the minimum figure that we set for a player of his quality.

"If somone wants to buy Pastore, the price is €50 million [£44m].

"There are five or six clubs also interested, including [Manchester] City and big clubs from Spain and Italy, but so far there has been nothing from them.

Article

He was on the Seria A show on ESPN the other night , from the way he was talking he expects to be staying put for next season , seems a good level headed guy tbh knws he still has areas to improve on his game etc

Bit much for a 21 year old. Crazy money in football now. :anguish:

you say that, but i got told the other day that when Neymar signed for Santos two years ago they put a £66m clause on him.

you say that, but i got told the other day that when Neymar signed for Santos two years ago they put a £66m clause on him.

:anguish:

Crazy money. I'm sure Real Madrid Insured Ronaldos legs for about £80m aswell. It's all about money now football is.