Alex McLeish Leaves Birmingham

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why anyone is surprised by McLeish here? I like the guy but he has a history of jumping ship after a few years for the opportunity to work with a bigger budget. He did it at Motherwell and Hibs (after promising them that he wouldn't do just that).

However, in Eck's defence, if it is so easy for clubs to dump their manager when they think someone better is available, why should it be so difficult for the manager to leave for what he probably perceives is a chance to work with better players?

Not sure why anyone is surprised by McLeish here? I like the guy but he has a history of jumping ship after a few years for the opportunity to work with a bigger budget. He did it at Motherwell and Hibs (after promising them that he wouldn't do just that).

However, in Eck's defence, if it is so easy for clubs to dump their manager when they think someone better is available, why should it be so difficult for the manager to leave for what he probably perceives is a chance to work with better players?

if eck takes villa has them finish top 6 and takes them in to europe the fans that are hating will be loving him

To be fair, he doesn't look as if Eck has stepped down to take Villa job per say as its came out he left due to transfer interfal but it wouldn't be good if Eck left for Villa afterwards.

To be fair, he doesn't look as if Eck has stepped down to take Villa job per say as its came out he left due to transfer interfal but it wouldn't be good if Eck left for Villa afterwards.

It's a bit of a coincidence that he's left just as this job's became available and it's known they wanted him though? The whole transfer interference claim is an excuse.

It doesn't matter if it's Manchester, Birmingham, or Glasgow, you don't leave to go to your rivals. I'd have though Big Eck would have respected that having been Manager of us? I know the rivalry isn't quite as severe (where is?) but it's the principle of it.

I don't blame the Villa fans for not wanting him, not only because he came from their rivals, but because I don't think he's the best Manager they could have got.