Alex McLeish Leaves Birmingham

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disgusted at McLeish and I have lost all respect for him.

He should know better than anyone how hateful football rivalries are, if he done it to them who said he wouldn't have done it to us. Disgraceful.

Hope you lot dont mind im a birmingham city fan. Had to come on here & see what you thought about all this McLeish business. Cant believe what his done!! Know our rivalry is no where near as big as yours. But there is a pure hatred between us and Villa & this is gonna cause ruptions in the city.Glad his gone , thought his football style was terrible. Totally killed the atmosphere at our club over the past years, playing the most negative football i've ever seen. But i still had alot of respect for the fella.What his gone & done is shocking....

Hope you lot dont mind im a birmingham city fan. Had to come on here & see what you thought about all this McLeish business. Cant believe what his done!! Know our rivalry is no where near as big as yours. But there is a pure hatred between us and Villa & this is gonna cause ruptions in the city.Glad his gone , thought his football style was terrible. Totally killed the atmosphere at our club over the past years, playing the most negative football i've ever seen. But i still had alot of respect for the fella.What his gone & done is shocking....

Firsty welcome mate (tu)

I can't believe what McLeish has done tbh,lost alot of respect for him over it. Big eck was very sucessfull using the type of football he did though ie; france 0 scotland 1,birmingham having a 16 (roughly) game unbeaten run in the EPL,winning the carling cup & taking rangers (then was a pretty poor team) into the last 32 of the CL.

He's made a massive mistake imo

A shocking move by McCleish but at the same time a brave (or stupid) one.

Not only is the Villa job in itself an accident waiting to happen, but the fact that the fans are going to be on his back from day one is could make this a nightmare.

His only chance is to hit the ground running in a big way, and even then I bet some fans will not be happy.

Firsty welcome mate (tu)

I can't believe what McLeish has done tbh,lost alot of respect for him over it. Big eck was very sucessfull using the type of football he did though ie; france 0 scotland 1,birmingham having a 16 (roughly) game unbeaten run in the EPL,winning the carling cup & taking rangers (then was a pretty poor team) into the last 32 of the CL.

He's made a massive mistake imo

Dont get me wrong not saying his a bad manager at all. To win the carling cup for us was massive ! But we should never have been relegated, the chairman gave him alot of money compared to teams around us! brilliant in cup competitions, but gets found out in week in week out league. Could'nt wish for a better man to organise your defense. But attacking not a clue! To do what his done is beyond belief. Just imagine he got you relegated then pissed off to celtic.......

Dont get me wrong not saying his a bad manager at all. To win the carling cup for us was massive ! But we should never have been relegated, the chairman gave him alot of money compared to teams around us! brilliant in cup competitions, but gets found out in week in week out league. Could'nt wish for a better man to organise your defense. But attacking not a clue! To do what his done is beyond belief. Just imagine he got you relegated then pissed off to celtic.......

Yeah totally agree with you on the defending & attacking. Made some awful signings for strikers zigic,o'connor etc & made good signings for the defensive side danns,ridgewell,foster etc.

I thought Mcleish would have been 1 of the last managers to cross to a rival team,having been rangers manager

He's a jobby jabber and so are Villa (tu)

Hi another Birmingham City fan here who would just like give my opinion on the whole McLeish saga.

First of all most Blues fans can accept that our players may end up signing for Villa, as well as managers. We are under no illusions they are a bigger club (although they think they're much bigger than they are!) and that it is an ultimately more attractive club to manage.

I, like many other Blues fans, wanted him to resign after the Spurs game when we were relegated as his football was negative, too defensive and lacking any real creativity. Many fans truly believed our team was too strong a side to get relegated, yet ultimately we were, which under his management was the second time.

What angers me most is though is that when the board backed him, he expressed his desire and enthusiasm to get Blues back in to the top flight of English football - something most boards wouldn't do after a manager has relegated the club twice in four seasons. Even though some we're dissapointed he stayed, we were all prepared to back McLeish in the Championship. Then in the space of a week, after signing two players, he resigns with no word mentioned to the fans or the club yet is instantly linked to the Aston Villa job.

It's no surprise the board didn't accept his resignation and it has become plainly obvious that under the context he resigned, after singing two players, he has been tapped up by Villa and decided to jump ship. It's one thing making the cross city change, but to do it by leaving Blues and lying to the fans about expressing your desire to stay, then suddenly signing for your rivals is completely out of order - comparing it to Celtic and Rangers probably doesn't do your rivlary justice but their is a hatred between us and Villa. There is no way McLeish would just happen to resign with no job offers available then instantly and coincidentally land a role at another club who are desperate for a manager.

I wouldn't have felt so agrieved had he had resigned after the Spurs game and then signed for Villa, but to literally leave us then sign for Villa which all points towards him being approached by Villa when he was under our contract is incredibly frustrating. He hasn't even said anything to Blues fans or the club about his resigination but this could be due to the legal teams involved at the moment telling McLeish to be quiet. No Blues fans believe the board treated him unjustly to warrant his resignation which is what was rumoured.

The only saving grace for me was that it's landed villa fans a manager they despise and has been rather amusing for those who didn't want McLeish to stay anyway. He had a great deal of respect from me but sadly thats all gone now . Never expected a man of his 'calibre' to do such a thing, but I guess football's a game where loyalty and respect for the fans comes few and far between.

What a wanker of a thing to do, what with ryan giggs now being outed as a grade A arsehole off the field it really does seem that everyone in professional football is a disloyal liar!!!

What a wanker of a thing to do, what with ryan giggs now being outed as a grade A arsehole off the field it really does seem that everyone in professional football is a disloyal liar!!!

Giggs was the ultimate professional,not anymore