Gersnet Investigation into new Sectarianism Bill

Frankie

Attaching any internet body to said letter will completely invalidate it in the eyes of the legislators, in my view anyway.

If that was the case (and I sincerely doubt it) then it would merely prove the point of much of the issues raised in the letter. :D

And would go against Salmond 'inclusive' quote you highlighted the other week.

Guest Andypendek

If that was the case (and I sincerely doubt it) then it would merely prove the point of much of the issues raised in the letter. :D

And would go against Salmond 'inclusive' quote you highlighted the other week.

But we are seen as the problem! In the 'inclusive' Republic of Salmondia websites are not part of the Glorious Dawn, we are the method by which the parasite is given succour. I don't agree and have posted thoughts on it this afternoon - but I can't see any good coming from an approach which includes what the govt. clearly views as an enemy.

Harsh on people like yourself but reality just the same.

That's not harsh - it is blatant discrimination if such valid thoughts are ignored.

I'm sure Aidan O'Neill QC would be interested in this given his comments at the Engagement Meeting on Friday.

I emailed my local MSP about this on Friday. I've also just sent off another email to several members of the Justice Committee and Kenny Macaskill (kenny.macaskill.msp@scottish.parliament.uk)

Kev - hope you don't mind but I borrowed some of your letter content and edited it.

I'd suggest that we all need to mobilise on this issue and get emails and letters off to your local MSP as soon as possible.

Looking in from the USA, this whole Bill and its fast tracked process seems nothing less than bizarre. What kind of Justice dept do you have over there? It seems Orwellian to me. We used to have problems there before I left in 81, but not with the lawmakers.

Errr not exactly sure what all the fuss is about?

Sectariamism is an issue and government is trying to do something about it.

Why do we care about the speed in which this bill goes at? Do we disagree with the need fro better definitions of the offence? Do we disagree with the need for tougher sentencing ? What exactly do 'we' dislike about this bill ?

I dont see how this bill is going to prevent me enjoying my football (I dont see how it will enhance it either?) - in fact I just dont see it affecting me in anyway what-so-ever. So why the big calls to action?