Front Loaded

TheLawMan

Heres what i said a few weeks back in the wake of an article on Craig Whyte.

Ok. Ok. Ok. There are still a few things I would like to hear and see......but my feelgoodometer has risen somewhat in the last 12 hours.

As someone said elsewhere, lets give the guy the chance now to prove he is good for his word. (tu)

Prior to this article and the circular release, i was one of the very cautious posters who was concerned as to where Whyte had appeared from and how the money was being used.

We are now 15 days on and for me, its clear to see that there is no front loading on the cards.

If we had the money, what would stop us going for:

£2.75 million on Cuellar

£1.75 million on Goodwillie

£2 million on Hutton (Use Whittakers £1m and wages to cover Huttons excess wages)

£2.5 million on Matty Taylor

£250k on Ricky Foster (good cover without breaking the bank)

Loans

Bartley

Weiss (I still have a gut feeling)

Another midfielder

--------------------Greegs---------------------

Hutton-------Bartley------Carlos---------Papac

Weiss--------Davis---------Naisy---------Taylor

-----------Jelavic--------Goodwillie-----------

Subs

Boogie

Foster

Lafferty

Wylde

Alexander

Ness

McCulloch

Squadies

Kerkar

Hutton

Loan midfielder

Edu

Fleck

Kirk

Cole

Healy

I think that would be strong enough, and its not exactly breaking the bank by any imagination. It would also pretty much give us a minimum of 2 options for every single position on the park.

My feelgoodometer is at a shit point now though. :disappointment:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty Taylor :drool: Foster is not even good enough for the bench, he is utter shite, would rather play a kid, any kid. Hutton? If only. Well we have now been told by Ally there will be no big signings, so that will most likely rule out Taylor, Hutton and Cuellar. Wenger has all but ruled out Bartley coming back and Mancini has said he does not want Weiss back up here on loan. The club are desperate for some reason to keep Whitts and look like missing out on Goodwillie. I cant see Edu or Lafferty on the bench either and McCulloch certainly will not be.

Where did Matty Taylor come into all of this ? :lol:

He'll be on wages we won't be able to touch.

Cuellar and Hutton won't come back. Hutton will stay in England and Villa will keep Cuellar at least til January to prove himself.

August is a long time to be waiting to see what happens regarding Bartley, Wenger will be giving us the fuck around however if Nasri, Clichy and Fabergas all move soon I can see them splashing some money on a CB which will free up Bartley.

I think even if given a choice Weiss would love to come back here, he may not have been the most effective player for us but he showed glimpses of skill that had everyone praising him. I don't see City giving us him on Loan, if we have any chance of landing him it will be for a fee, which we won't be able to afford as I can see City wanting 5m+ for him :anguish:

I wouldn't be suprised to see us going into September with Kenny Miller, Alan Smith and Lee Wallace :anguish:

Until then it's just a waiting game, we have 3 weeks til the season starts and almost 4 til our first CL Qualifier, I wouldn't be too bothered if we haven't finished all our signings by then I would be happy with 1 or 2 come the time we play Blackpool.

Yeah.....i think you missed my undertone. :rolleyes:

What im saying is.......if our owner was telling us the truth and that there was money to be front loaded, then this is what we SHOULD be doing with it.

I KNOW we wont.

But we SHOULD.

Those signings above and that starting XI would win the SPL hands down.

So Mr Whyte......Forget what Ally has said.....and go DO IT !

Stick to the computer games.

Cuellar will be hard enough to get back on low enough wages.

That is also 8 players, 4 of whom will demand high wages. With Davis + McGregor hopefully signing new contracts.

Forget frontloading, that would take up all the money Whyte ever promised he had.

Prior to this article and the circular release, i was one of the very cautious posters who was concerned as to where Whyte had appeared from and how the money was being used.

We are now 15 days on and for me, its clear to see that there is no front loading on the cards.

£2.75 million on Cuellar

£2 million on Hutton (Use Whittakers £1m and wages to cover Huttons excess wages)

Loans

Bartley

Another midfielder

Subs

Boogie

Foster

Lafferty

Wylde

Alexander

Ness

McCulloch

Squadies

Kerkar

Hutton

Loan midfielder

Edu

Fleck

Kirk

Cole

Healy

I think that would be strong enough, and its not exactly breaking the bank by any imagination. It would also pretty much give us a minimum of 2 options for every single position on the park.

When i am reading today about Durrant being friendly with Chelsea manager and wanting to talk about loaning players and i am sure he isn't the only team him or Ally has spoken too it may be the road they are going down.

Cuellar hasn't recovered yet from injury and is in his last year of contract nearly 3mill is alot to pay for him.

Goodwillie will depend on his RAPE Case we won't sign him if he is convicted we should know by the end of this week where he stands and i would go for him.

Hutton i don't see coming back to Rangers i see Mcleish is keeping tabs on him and will offer the wage demand. Whittaker can get tae fuck he wants to go so let him. Foster will do a job for 250k and low wages.

Matty Taylor i don't know much about tbh.

With the season kicking off in 3 weeks i would expect some tranfer activity soon.

Sign Foster? Even if he didnt have money, i expect the club to find better!

Foster done well for us in Europe this season.

He had a nightmare at Ibrox v them and a nightmare debut, but other than that, he filled a gap when needed.

I would much rather spend good money on a quality RB but if we are looking to plug gaps(and he can fill in at both sides of the park) then it really is a no risk spend imo.

And he's better than Broadfoot, despite what anybody says.

£2.75 million on Cuellar

Loans

Bartley

Another midfielder

Subs

Boogie

Foster

Lafferty

Wylde

Alexander

Ness

McCulloch

Squadies

Kerkar

Hutton

Loan midfielder

Edu

Fleck

Kirk

Cole

Healy

what a lot o shite!

if only it was that simple.u been on fm too much!

Foster done well for us in Europe this season.

He had a nightmare at Ibrox v them and a nightmare debut, but other than that, he filled a gap when needed.

I would much rather spend good money on a quality RB but if we are looking to plug gaps(and he can fill in at both sides of the park) then it really is a no risk spend imo.

And he's better than Broadfoot, despite what anybody says.

I thought he was shite. Cant tackle for a defender, cant pass for a footballer, and lacks composure on the ball. He is horrific.

No more plugging gaps, build for the future please.

I disagree, i like Blue Cafu :P

(tu)

what a lot o shite!

if only it was that simple.u been on fm too much!

Never played the game. Not sure what isnt simple about it.

Sell Whittaker - £1m

Edu - £1m

Boogie - £1m

£3m plus £1.5m per year on wages back in the pot.

Pays the excess wages for Cuellar, Hutton and Taylor for 2 years easily.

Bartley and Weiss would be a neutral cost for us as they have been on our payroll.

(tu)

Never played the game. Not sure what isnt simple about it.

Sell Whittaker - £1m

Edu - £1m

Boogie - £1m

£3m plus £1.5m per year on wages back in the pot.

Pays the excess wages for Cuellar, Hutton and Taylor for 2 years easily.

Bartley and Weiss would be a neutral cost for us as they have been on our payroll.

(tu)

B7

Some calculations to back up the point.

OUT

Whittaker

Weir

Boogie

Edu

Diouff

= £55k per week wages and £3 million transfer fees

IN

Hutton

Cuellar

Taylor

Goodwillie

= £100k per week wages and £9 million transfer fees

Difference = £45k per week in wages so £7 million over 3 years and £6 million on fees.

Total investment over a 3 year period on the above squad movements = £13m

Crucially though in year one, the cost is £8.3 million, year 2 - £2.3 million and year 3 = £2.3 million.

Now somebody tell me where the above scenario DOESNT meet the objective of what Craig Whyte has told us he is willing to do for the club please.

Wages shouldnt come into any transfer budgets, season tickets are sold to finance our players wages.

I make it just over £60k p.w. going out in Weissmans scenario. Right now the wage bill is down on last year, and now without losing money to banks and onterest, there should be plenty to play with in wages.

(tu)

£2.75 million on Cuellar

They want more.

They want more.

They paid £9 million, I think they'd want more.

Have they said they'll take that?

They want more.

That's the situation.

Now you're Whyte/Smith....sort it...we're impatient.