Minutes Silence

G.E.C.

One of the most disgraceful things ive ever read on this forum or any other for that matter.

That's a bit OTT. In this case I think the silence is justified but only because we're playing a Scando team. Of course it costs nothing to pay respect but I think the point the poster was making was that the British public are becoming grief-whores. Give it five years and we'll be having a minutes silence for something like Amy Winehouse.

Aside from the above, RIP to those involved in Norway.

That's a bit OTT. In this case I think the silence is justified but only because we're playing a Scando team. Of course it costs nothing to pay respect but I think the point the poster was making was that the British public are becoming grief-whores. Give it five years and we'll be having a minutes silence for something like Amy Winehouse.

Aside from the above, RIP to those involved in Norway.

Just saw the minutes silence at the start of the Audi Cup there, held in Germany, during a game between the Spanish team Barcelona and the Brazilian team Internacional.

You're correct, it is a harmless gesture and if I was attending I would of course respect it, but it just rings a bit hollow to me. Forty people died in a Chinese train crash earlier on this week. It wasn't on Sky News for hours on end so is it of lesser importance? That was all I was trying to say.

If they're not white or a spastic Z-list celeb the UK Grieving Community don't care. So much for showing humanity and compassion.