The Driving Seat

SteveJ

Before I start, this is in the Bears' Den because it is related to Rangers and all Bears are connected, one way or another.

Some time ago, I was like a broken record stating that if we got our house in order, Celtic would get noticed and would face the media and fans. Some fellow Bears agreed with this but there were sceptics who said that we had already got our house in order - which in my opinion, and others, was wrong, simply because we still had fans singing the addons for no other reason but because they wanted to - some of those may not have even knew what the addons meant.

Rangers fans then started to really lose the plot last season when it appeared we were being targetted as a club and it was right to assume that, simply because no other club were being seen as singing songs that could be perceived as sectarian - which was a damn right disgrace. Some fans started taking it upon themselves to point these issues out to the media etc., but they were having none of it - simply because our house was big news.

Now, we have supporters groups joining forces and songs are being sang properly and without addons. Fan groups are releasing very well worded statements that put the onus on other clubs to follow suit and the media are listening. Fans who are reading the statements and taking heed, are stopping the chants and addons, as a respect to the club they love and this is the point where I say, we are nearly there in terms of having our house in order. All that is left is to keep it clean throughout the season and not let the guard slip.

So, we have the house clean and fan groups fighting to keep it that, has the media started to look elsewhere for news? Well, if the media were set against The Rangers, as some will have told you last year, they would find something else to have us for but I witnessed a journalist on Twitter last night, mention the IRA chants from the Celtic fans. This has come on the back of the Hibs game on Sunday, where the fans were caught with their pants down and no bluenose in sight to blame.

To top it off for me, I listened to the Real Radio Phone-in tonight after driving up from England and a guy called Bruce was on - a highly commendable guy in terms of RRPI discussions, I heard. I expected him to come out with some drivel about everyone is against them etc., but he attacked his fellow fans who were singing at Easter Road and again in Wolves. He went off on one, not too disimilar to how I felt and reacted many months ago about our fans.

It is clear as day that Celtic fans now fear that the house that they 'have had in order for years' is just about to be found out and they are shitting themselves.

Well done The Rangers!

:crabflute:

Before I start, this is in the Bears' Den because it is related to Rangers and all Bears are connected, one way or another.

Some time ago, I was like a broken record stating that if we got our house in order, Celtic would get noticed and would face the media and fans. Some fellow Bears agreed with this but there were sceptics who said that we had already got our house in order - which in my opinion, and others, was wrong, simply because we still had fans singing the addons for no other reason but because they wanted to - some of those may not have even knew what the addons meant.

Rangers fans then started to really lose the plot last season when it appeared we were being targetted as a club and it was right to assume that, simply because no other club were being seen as singing songs that could be perceived as sectarian - which was a damn right disgrace. Some fans started taking it upon themselves to point these issues out to the media etc., but they were having none of it - simply because our house was big news.

Now, we have supporters groups joining forces and songs are being sang properly and without addons. Fan groups are releasing very well worded statements that put the onus on other clubs to follow suit and the media are listening. Fans who are reading the statements and taking heed, are stopping the chants and addons, as a respect to the club they love and this is the point where I say, we are nearly there in terms of having our house in order. All that is left is to keep it clean throughout the season and not let the guard slip.

So, we have the house clean and fan groups fighting to keep it that, has the media started to look elsewhere for news? Well, if the media were set against The Rangers, as some will have told you last year, they would find something else to have us for but I witnessed a journalist on Twitter last night, mention the IRA chants from the Celtic fans. This has come on the back of the Hibs game on Sunday, where the fans were caught with their pants down and no bluenose in sight to blame.

To top it off for me, I listened to the Real Radio Phone-in tonight after driving up from England and a guy called Bruce was on - a highly commendable guy in terms of RRPI discussions, I heard. I expected him to come out with some drivel about everyone is against them etc., but he attacked his fellow fans who were singing at Easter Road and again in Wolves. He went off on one, not too disimilar to how I felt and reacted many months ago about our fans.

It is clear as day that Celtic fans now fear that the house that they 'have had in order for years' is just about to be found out and they are shitting themselves.

Well done The Rangers!

:crabflute:

Even their regular Rangers hating mentalist blogger(or is it bogger) has turned on them whilst congratulating Rangers.

Or did i just dream that ? :lol:

only read half of that. Sick to death about this non-subject

How in the motherbastardinfucknut is this a non-subject?

Anyway, good post mate. Hopefully we keep it clean at Rangers games and the attention is focused on the terrorist supporting scum across the city.

Ye, this is far from a non-subject. Great post and agree with everything, have noticed the sudden turn in events and reporting of there mhob "mis-behaving" although still believe if it was us it would be highlighted much more, for example hardly a mention of there antics in Oz and apparently Cardiff also. Had that been us it would most likely be front page news. Nonetheless, its imperative we keep up the good work n continue to show them up for what they are n finally out THEM as Scotlands Shame :21:

How in the motherbastardinfucknut is this a non-subject?

Anyway, good post mate. Hopefully we keep it clean at Rangers games and the attention is focused on the terrorist supporting scum across the city.

Is that a word? If so, I need to find a discussion where I can use it!

Is that a word? If so, I need to find a discussion where I can use it!

Not that I know of mate...redwhiteandblue caused me to fall into a typingtouretteskindathing (sort of like that) but you can use it if you like!

Ye, this is far from a non-subject. Great post and agree with everything, have noticed the sudden turn in events and reporting of there mhob "mis-behaving" although still believe if it was us it would be highlighted much more, for example hardly a mention of there antics in Oz and apparently Cardiff also. Had that been us it would most likely be front page news. Nonetheless, its imperative we keep up the good work n continue to show them up for what they are n finally out THEM as Scotlands Shame :21:

Heard from a reliable source that the timmys got slapped about in Cardiff due to thier song book and the fact the gb were going about taking liberties with kids ( nothing new their ). The mhedia will be dying for the new ub/bo section to slip up. If we dnt slip up the mhedia will have to out them either that or there will be some thin newspapers

Heard from a reliable source that the timmys got slapped about in Cardiff due to thier song book and the fact the gb were going about taking liberties with kids ( nothing new their ). The mhedia will be dying for the new ub/bo section to slip up. If we dnt slip up the mhedia will have to out them either that or there will be some thin newspapers

Yes mate, you continue to think like that!

One day you will wake up and see the Sun for being the Sun and not a disturbance on your eyes!

bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 journo is pointing them out, that is all.

no papers

no news shows

no polititions

if this is not changed soon all your(supporters groups ect) will go to pot, as fellow bears and myself return to singing and chanting what we didnt believe to be sectarian in the first place again.

its not a song that is being targeted its a way of life, they are trying to stop ppl being unionist/protestant and/or having the right to voice an opinion.

Yes mate, you continue to think like that!

One day you will wake up and see the Sun for being the Sun and not a disturbance on your eyes!

Thinking like what? Surely you agree that We've been slaughtered in the media for years? Just of the top of my head when we smashed the villareal team bus window , it made front page in the papers yet when Celtic broke the team bus window against Milan it gets sweep sweep swept under the carpet. In any case breaking the oppositions team bus window is wrong no matter the team but this is what's been happening for seasons. Don't kid yourself on that certain jurnos are waiting/dying for our new singing section to belt out a banned song they will be like fly's round shite!

Thinking like what? Surely you agree that We've been slaughtered in the media for years? Just of the top of my head when we smashed the villareal team bus window , it made front page in the papers yet when Celtic broke the team bus window against Milan it gets sweep sweep swept under the carpet. In any case breaking the oppositions team bus window is wrong no matter the team but this is what's been happening for seasons. Don't kid yourself on that certain jurnos are waiting/dying for our new singing section to belt out a banned song they will be like fly's round shite!

You can be proud to know that you are in the minority! A Year ago, you were in the majority but a swing has been found, where fans have used common sense - you are welcome to join anytime you are ready!

There is certainly an increasing pressure to cut out any sort of sectarian/offensive singing. But the problem still exists that we will be condemned far more vocally than they will be. However, I sense the tide is beginning to turn, but we need to keep pressure on the subject if the powers that be are intent on making this an issue

You can be proud to know that you are in the minority! A Year ago, you were in the majority but a swing has been found, where fans have used common sense - you are welcome to join anytime you are ready!

Wtf. Are you unwell? You are under the impression that now because we've went a few months without being in the papers and some jurno on twitter has outed the tims that we will get fair treatment from here on in? I highly doubt it ! Or we could settle this by starting a thread - do you feel in the last xyz years rangers have been fairly treated by the Scottish media? - then we can see if I'm in the minority

Wtf. Are you unwell? You are under the impression that now because we've went a few months without being in the papers and some jurno on twitter has outed the tims that we will get fair treatment from here on in? I highly doubt it ! Or we could settle this by starting a thread - do you feel in the last xyz years rangers have been fairly treated by the Scottish media? - then we can see if I'm in the minority

This has nothing to do with historicals, and my point is from todays actions. I really don't give a shit if you feel hard done by but Rangers have been seen as shite for so long - now we can be seen as decent!

This guy is thinking what we are all thinking and if they dont sort their Ra Chants out there could be a return to the ,as you would say the bad old days ,cant have that can we .Only it will be like the 70's

You are deluded if you think they are going to leave the Rangers support alone now, and they will be back for the National Anthem and Rule Britannia as they wont rest .

They have nailed their colours to the Mast in Hollyrood and we have seen the Rahbid lot up the Anti as they now think they are untouchable .Ibrox will end up empty as the Atmosphere is collapsing around us for fear of being arrested for something they deem Sectarian .

They wont let go trust me.

bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 journo is pointing them out, that is all.

no papers

no news shows

no polititions

if this is not changed soon all your(supporters groups ect) will go to pot, as fellow bears and myself return to singing

and chanting what we didnt believe to be sectarian in the

first place again.

its not a song that is being targeted its a way of life, they

are trying to stop ppl being unionist/protestant and/or

having the right to voice an opinion.

:anguish:

I'm a "Protestant."

I'm unionist.

No-one has ever, nor will, stop my ability to voice my opinion in the right context.

You don't have to go to a football match and scream about "Fenians" to prove just how good a Protestant you are ffs.