Perspective

BILLYSNOVO

David goodwillie at £2.8m and decent wages on top is NOT good value when you consider some of the strikers moving for far far less!

Better value out there far far better than that wee diddy

Miroslav klose Munich to Lazio £heehaw

David suazo inter Milan to Cagliari £heehaw

Adrian mutu fiorentina to cesena £heehaw

Jozy altidore villareal to alkmaar £heehaw

Nils peterson cottbus to b.Munich £2.8m

Johan elmander Bolton to galatasary £heehaw

Victor obinna inter Milan to lok Moscow £heehaw

Aleksander Stevanovic shalke to Bremen £heehaw

David goodwillie at £2.8m and decent wages on top is NOT good value when you consider some of the strikers moving for far far less!

No chance with any of those.

Maybe Altidore, but we've got one useless American, two might be pushing it.

I'm just pointing out that the £2.8m would be better spent on picking up a quality bosman and adding that to the wage , what's that? £14k per week over 4 years??

Aye, but no guarantees with a bosman.

For every Prso, there are four or five Ostenstads, Jeffers, Eggens, Manieros and Emersons.

I agree mate

No European experience

Never tested at international level

One good season in a shite league

Never had the burden and weight on his shoulders of playing for a big club that demands wk in wk out success

Waaaaay too much

We could get better for around the £1m price around the Balkans

I think Goodwillie would be a great player for us. He's been banging in the goals for Dundee Utd the last few years. 18 last season and 13 the season before that. I'd love him to join us. Gutted that it won't happen now.

If he were to come here he would get more chances, which he would finish off. He would score 20+ for us a season.

Thing that bugs me is Whyte came out and said more or less "we will sign all our transfer targets by the end of the window". We clearly won't. Ally obviously wants Goodwillie here otherwise we wouldn't have made the amount of bids we have.

The way we have been approaching players and bidding has been a shambles. Clearly needs to be looked at.

All of those players went to or stayed in big european league and play against much better opposition. Do you think Klose, Mutu, Obinna etc.. are every going to come to Rangers???? These players went to these teams so that A. They could play on a team where they would get lost of playing time and play in a good league B. For a good salary.

We cannot attract these players because we play in a crappy league and pay less wages that probably all the teams on that list.

I think Goodwillie would be a great player for us. He's been banging in the goals for Dundee Utd the last few years. 18 last season and 13 the season before that. I'd love him to join us. Gutted that it won't happen now.

If he were to come here he would get more chances, which he would finish off. He would score 20+ for us a season.

Thing that bugs me is Whyte came out and said more or less "we will sign all our transfer targets by the end of the window". We clearly won't. Ally obviously wants Goodwillie here otherwise we wouldn't have made the amount of bids we have.

The way we have been approaching players and bidding has been a shambles. Clearly needs to be looked at.

He may well be one of those guys who just becomes a better player almost overnight at a bigger club but we just have to accept that we have missed out.

TBH I'm becoming dismayed at McCoist continuing to say it's not over when it obviously is ... it's only making us sound desperate and that will put other players off. I just wonder if Walter has even spoken to him about this or if he's keeping his distance?

Bottom line is we badly need a marquee signing to turn this negative tide especially if the result isn't a good one tonight

He may well be one of those guys who just becomes a better player almost overnight at a bigger club but we just have to accept that we have missed out.

TBH I'm becoming dismayed at McCoist continuing to say it's not over when it obviously is ... it's only making us sound desperate and that will put other players off. I just wonder if Walter has even spoken to him about this or if he's keeping his distance?

Bottom line is we badly need a marquee signing to turn this negative tide especially if the result isn't a good one tonight

I feel as if this is gonna be one of those things we'll look back and go "Fuck, if only....". I reckon Goodwillie could end up at one of the big teams in the EPL in a few years.

We need at least another 3/4 players. Was having a look at our squad and our midfield is threadbare. Quite worrying actually.

And I agree about the way we seem to be conducting ourselves in the transfer market just now. Its baffling.

I feel as if this is gonna be one of those things we'll look back and go "Fuck, if only....". I reckon Goodwillie could end up at one of the big teams in the EPL in a few years.

We need at least another 3/4 players. Was having a look at our squad and our midfield is threadbare. Quite worrying actually.

And I agree about the way we seem to be conducting ourselves in the transfer market just now. Its baffling.

I agree that the way we have went about our transfer dealings this window seems to leave a lot to be desired, but I also believe the league we play in has played a big part in some of our knockbacks also.

Fan of ours or no, I think the chance to showcase in himself in England would have played a big part in DG's decision.

Plus him being goaded by houston and thompson of course.

Still think we should be looking much further afield.

I agree mate

No European experience

Never tested at international level

One good season in a shite league

Never had the burden and weight on his shoulders of playing for a big club that demands wk in wk out success

Waaaaay too much

We could get better for around the £1m price around the Balkans

Deserves a rep! Plenty of talent out there. Particularly around the balkans.