Could Wylde Partner Jelavic?

No his technique is pretty poor, I'm not overly impressed with him to be honest he's very wasteful he needs to add a trick or two too his game. If he is directly up against Foster on Sunday he won't get much joy because Foster is quicker

No ,, at the moment he isnt a finisher,, he still needs to add that to his game. If he does then it could be a possibility,, but I would much rather see fleck be givin a run in the hole just behind Jelavic,, is his natural position afterall. Fleck has potential and should be givin a chance in his natural position or he could leave us and become another Charlie Adam,, however it would most likely be Naismith healy then beatie in that order

Mibbes an option if playing 3 up top, Wylde left, Jela centre wi Naisy on right, or if Wylde can develop his shooting he would be useful on the right of the 3 cutting inside. Depends on his development and coaching. Would prefer a decent partner for Jela if playing 2 up top, and keep 2 wide.

Another alternative would be to keep him on the left to provide crosses for Jelavic's new strike partner. If not, play McGregor up there as he's the only cunt we don't suggest playing out of position.

Oh aye, welcome to the board. :D

Thanks for the welcome.

I wasn't suggesting playing him there for the hell of it. I was suggesting him as a possibility if we were short of a striker due to injuries or whatever. His touch might not be great, as others have said, but his pace would certainly get him behind defences.

Some may not like the idea, but sometimes this kind of switch comes off. Ralph Brand was a decent winger, but an even better strike partner.

Just cause he has pace, doesn't mean he can slot into that striking role. His first instinct is to hug the line, not run into channels and link play. On the other hand somebody like John Fleck is the complete opposite. If anybody should be given the chance up front. It's John Fleck not Gregg Wylde.

It's been mooted that we might have a problem at centre forward if either Jelavic or Lafferty gets injured or suspended (if another striker isn't signed).

I think that young Wylde might be able to step in there no problem at a pinch, to partner either of our 2 best strikers.

Naismith, Healy, even McCulloch can play CF (at least at another point in time), no need to force Wylde there imho.

He's too wee although he is pretty direct so could even work. However McCoist, like Smith before him is not one for playing players away from their usual position. Oh, and welcome to the site :)

Smith played a number of players out of position and McCoist has played Edu at RM for example