Craig Whyte

Skip

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he does deserve some criticism for promising more than he could deliver, but to be fair to him he has invested in Ibrox, given our best players new contracts and given up the money to sign a few new players. None of which would have happened without someone coming in to invest in the club.

this tax bill wasn't found during due diligence it was received during it.

last summer we spent 100k on players. in the second half of the season we made a profit on player sales most likley. we paid k Thomson to leave.

people should remember that.

People do remember that. These was the dark days when we were never more than five minutes from extinction, riddled with debt, in the hands of tarrier bankers with a remit to close us down blah, blah blah.

Two or three more games for Danny Wilson and we'll have spent the same amount in this brand new dawn.

People do remember that. These was the dark days when we were never more than five minutes from extinction, riddled with debt, in the hands of tarrier bankers with a remit to close us down blah, blah blah.

Two or three more games for Danny Wilson and we'll have spent the same amount in this brand new dawn.

one game left till we have dannys full fee. which ends the notion we spent money last summer from the lloyds lobby.

True to a certain degree, but football clubs need a stadium to play in. They also need to pay taxes just as you and I do.

I'd also point out that Craig Whyte/Ally McCoist did try to strengthen the team from the beginning. If transfers are complex matters, not to mention the players who turned us down, it's hardly Craig Whyte's fault.

The six figure deals all seemed straightforward enough.

one game left till we have dannys full fee. which ends the notion we spent money last summer from the lloyds lobby.

There is no Lloyds lobby, only those who didn't fall for the doomsday scenario touted by certain interested parties and this' he's not as shite as the other lot' deflection doesn't wash either.

For whatever reason, he has come in and oversaw calamitous transfer negotiations resulting in us having insufficient quality to beat Malmo over two legs and now struggling against Maribor. I know that you have been happy with the way Whyte/McCoist has gone about things but I've fucking hated it.

Why do we have to spend £5M for example when we can get the requisite quality in for £100k thanks to some good business acumen.

Do fans go away happy when they see a certain figure being spent but disregard the quality of player we buy.

Goian for example was £600k and i would argue (on present form)he is one of the best signings we have made in the last few years.

For me this is the type of signing i expect to see all the time as this is the market we operate in these days.

We are no longer a big player at the top table and irrespective of whether Whyte gave McCoist £5M or £50M it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference when it comes to competing in Europe.

There is no Lloyds lobby, only those who didn't fall for the doomsday scenario touted by certain interested parties and this' he's not as shite as the other lot' deflection doesn't wash either.

For whatever reason, he has come in and oversaw calamitous transfer negotiations resulting in us having insufficient quality to beat Malmo over two legs and now struggling against Maribor. I know that you have been happy with the way Whyte/McCoist has gone about things but I've fucking hated it.

the doomsday senario hasn't gone away. the problem with lloyds was the simply didn't care if we won lost or drew.

the fact that a few still refuse to believe that given the hard evidence and the testimony of our chairman and manager is beyond me.

last year it was lloyds aren't so bad we have bought players. well the accounts show differently.

the there is no fire sale brigade we had too many players lobby are now wanting players.

and as for the walters lying mob help mend them.

Mr whytes not perfect but by fuck is he an improvement on lloyds and their hench men.

Why do we have to spend £5M for example when we can get the requisite quality in for £100k thanks to some good business acumen.

Do fans go away happy when they see a certain figure being spent but disregard the quality of player we buy.

Goian for example was £600k and i would argue (on present form)he is one of the best signings we have made in the last few years.

For me this is the type of signing i expect to see all the time as this is the market we operate in these days.

We are no longer a big player at the top table and irrespective of whether Whyte gave McCoist £5M or £50M it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference when it comes to competing in Europe.

Just aswell we didn't succeed in bringing in Goodwillie, Juhasz, Verhoek and Cuellar then. To claim that there would be no difference whether we were spending £5m or £50m is just nonsense.

The six figure deals all seemed straightforward enough.

Thankfully. I'd hate Mr Whyte to put us back where Mr Murray put us. (tu)

Incidentally, I was thinking..............................................................na fuck it. Am away tae start a thread oan it.

Are you seriously suggesting we never had the quality to beat Malmo mate? I genuinely don't believe you meant to say that, even though you did. And I'm being serious!

Just aswell we didn't succeed in bringing in Goodwillie, Juhasz, Verhoek and Cuellar then. To claim that there would be no difference whether we were spending £5m or £50m is just nonsense.

With the squad we currently have are you confident we will win the League?

Goodwillie didn't want to join Rangers and neither did Verhoek.

Juhasz was offered the option of giving up his cut of the fee and rejected it so couldn't have been that desperate to join. And is he any better than Goian who we got for a snip?

As for Cuellar he is still injured and will be for a while yet so he is irrelevant to this debate.

And the £5m to £50m should have been quantified with the comment that it would make no difference to our standing or performances in Europe.

Winning the SPL doesn't require that much investment if the right players are sourced at the right price.

the doomsday senario hasn't gone away. the problem with lloyds was the simply didn't care if we won lost or drew.

the fact that a few still refuse to believe that given the hard evidence and the testimony of our chairman and manager is beyond me.

last year it was lloyds aren't so bad we have bought players. well the accounts show differently.

the there is no fire sale brigade we had too many players lobby are now wanting players.

and as for the walters lying mob help mend them.

Mr whytes not perfect but by fuck is he an improvement on lloyds and their hench men.

The chairman who sided with Muir when King and his cronies attempted to put us into administration, or the chairman who tried to get a last ditch Paul Murray 'cash injection' accepted or the chairman who voiced concerns about Whyte's ability to raise the funds promised?

Smith changed his story as often as his socks so he was either manipulating the siuation for his own benefit or was clueless. He also told everybody that the sales of Mendes, Thomson etc were 'footballing decisions', something which you say is a lie.

Believe me, I wasn't happy with the situation we found ourselves in but for all those who were shouting the odds about Murray and then Lloyds to now attack anyone who dares question Whyte's performance/motives seems very strange indeed and I have to ask myself the reason why.

The chairman who sided with Muir when King and his cronies attempted to put us into administration, or the chairman who tried to get a last ditch Paul Murray 'cash injection' accepted or the chairman who voiced concerns about Whyte's ability to raise the funds promised?

Smith changed his story as often as his socks so he was either manipulating the siuation for his own benefit or was clueless. He also told everybody that the sales of Mendes, Thomson etc were 'footballing decisions', something which you say is a lie.

Believe me, I wasn't happy with the situation we found ourselves in but for all those who were shouting the odds about Murray and then Lloyds to now attack anyone who dares question Whyte's performance/motives seems very strange indeed and I have to ask myself the reason why.

I think maybe the fact he's only been in the position for around 4 months will have something to do with it. Nobody could possibly have taken the club over in the state it was in and turn it around in a matter of months.

Unless of course it was someone like Donald Trump or Bill Gates who have never ending funds to throw at the club. Whyte is a businessman, and a Rangers fan. I'd say it must be a pretty difficult situation for anyone to be in when they've just taken over the club in the mess it was in.

He needs time. If he doesn't produce the goods over time, then I'll be one of the first to say so.

Are you seriously suggesting we never had the quality to beat Malmo mate? I genuinely don't believe you meant to say that, even though you did. And I'm being serious!

Yes, I am saying that and you can go right back to before pre-season started and you will see that I was saying similar then. As for your 'back where Murray had us' comment, is there no middle ground to be found? If there is money there to be spent it should have been, if not we should have been told that.

Yes, I am saying that and you can go right back to before pre-season started and you will see that I was saying similar then. As for your 'back where Murray had us' comment, is there no middle ground to be found? If there is money there to be spent it should have been, if not we should have been told that.

The money is there to be spent Mark. Juhasz, Goodwillie, and Cuellar (until now) didn't want it. Surely that's not Craig Whyte's fault?

As has already been said, Goian at £600,000 has shown so far that he was an excellent buy. Would spending another £2m to get Cuellar or Juhasz have been any better?

Maybe an unfair question as we'll never know, but Goian will do for me (for now).

With the squad we currently have are you confident we will win the League?

Goodwillie didn't want to join Rangers and neither did Verhoek.

Juhasz was offered the option of giving up his cut of the fee and rejected it so couldn't have been that desperate to join. And is he any better than Goian who we got for a snip?

As for Cuellar he is still injured and will be for a while yet so he is irrelevant to this debate.

And the £5m to £50m should have been quantified with the comment that it would make no difference to our standing or performances in Europe.

Winning the SPL doesn't require that much investment if the right players are sourced at the right price.

I'd say it's a toss-up as to who will win the league, as it has been for a good few years now.

My philosophy is that at the start of every season we should be aiming to win every compegition we enter, no matter how unrealistic that goal is. You appear to see things totally differently so there's little point in continuing this debate.

One minute you're giving it blood and thunder about how we should all be standing together to save the club from our enemies, the next you're telling us that we've fallen so far down the pecking order that we must accept our lot and cut our cloth accordingly.

I think maybe the fact he's only been in the position for around 4 months will have something to do with it. Nobody could possibly have taken the club over in the state it was in and turn it around in a matter of months.

Unless of course it was someone like Donald Trump or Bill Gates who have never ending funds to throw at the club. Whyte is a businessman, and a Rangers fan. I'd say it must be a pretty difficult situation for anyone to be in when they've just taken over the club in the mess it was in.

He needs time. If he doesn't produce the goods over time, then I'll be one of the first to say so.

Fair enough, but all his energies, and those around him, should have been concentrated on improving the team, especially with a rookie manager in charge. Putting in the infrastructure needed for staging concerts and sporting events could have waited. But as you say, he's a businessman.