Craig Whyte

Skip

Whyte seems to be coming in for quite a bit of criticism lately largely down to the "lack of spending". Personally I think the guy deserves a lot of credit and a lot more time to put his stamp on Rangers. Let's face it the guy took a punt on the club I am amazed with the state the club was in that any business person would have looked at our club and taken us on. Already we have seen over four million spent on playing staff and yes wee did take a liitle in but he has still spent on new players and handed out new contracts to our most important players. You can also see the repair work that is under way at Ibrox and was badly needed to the degree it was becoming embarrassing so let's just give Whyte and Ally a bit of well deserved time and let's not forget how bad it was at times last season when we were being told we would have a wage structure similar to that of Dundee Utd and ibrox could be closed on health and safety issues.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pots of paint don't get you into the CL, as we have painfully found out. What H&S regs were being flouted which would see a stadium closure?

Neither does the owner. The guys on the park do that. A suppose its Whytes fault that Whittaker and Bougherra got sent aff, and a Naisy missed a couple of sitters?

Whytes doing just fine and till now hasn't yet went back on his commitments.

Pots of paint don't get you into the CL, as we have painfully found out. What H&S regs were being flouted which would see a stadium closure?

Neither does the owner. The guys on the park do that. A suppose its Whytes fault that Whittaker and Bougherra got sent aff, and a Naisy missed a couple of sitters?

Triple posting - impressive :praise:

I've always said I'll judge Whyte after the transfer window closes, and again after the season is done.

On the plus side...

He tied up Davis, Whittaker, Wydle, McGregor (or had he already signed)? on long term deals.

Carried out much needed maintenance work on Ibrox.

Started fighting back and standing up for us in the press.

Bought Goian, Wallace, McKay, Bedoya, Bocanegra annd Ortiz

Negatives...

Out of the Champions League (although I blame Ally for playing 3-5-2 (which never works for us) in the first leg, and Whittaker for his sending off) - I don't blame Whyte too much, but he maybe should have strengthened us more.

Missed out of David Goodwillie after too much poncing about with crap offers.

I think thus far the positives far outweigh the negatives.

If we dont sign anymore players before the transfer window shuts then hes gone back on his word, there is no way we've spent the £5M+ on players that he promised we would. And is that tax bill paid yet coz that was fuckin embarrasin.

If we dont sign anymore players before the transfer window shuts then hes gone back on his word, there is no way we've spent the £5M+ on players that he promised we would. And is that tax bill paid yet coz that was fuckin embarrassin.

I'm sure being a Rangers fan, Craig Whyte was embarrassed as well about the HMRC situation.

I'm also sure he'd be over his 5m commitment by now if he'd got all the players he's went for. And he's another werk to go.

Let's face it the guy took a punt on the club I am amazed with the state the club was in that any business person would have looked at our club and taken us on. the repair work that is under way at Ibrox and was badly needed to the degree it was becoming embarrassing and let's not forget how bad it was at times last season when we were being told we would have a wage structure similar to that of Dundee Utd and ibrox could be closed on health and safety issues.

Is that so?

3IAR is my response to that pish.

Whyte engages in months of due diligence and negotiation and the take-over is a 'punt'? Ibrox was becoming embarrassing? Rangers to become financially on a par with Dundee Hibs? And Ibrox closed into the bargain?

Aye, aye.

Nothing like giving our owner,manager and players some time to get things right.

Craig Whyte inherited an absolute mess from that Charlatan and a mess that will take years to sort out.

The players we had were more than capable of beating Malmo but a combination of stupidity,wastefulness and management naivety cost us the tie not Craig Whyte.

Behind the scenes he has made some strides but not nearly enough in my opinion but i am not going to judge him 4 months in to the job.

If we dont sign anymore players before the transfer window shuts then hes gone back on his word, there is no way we've spent the £5M+ on players that he promised we would. And is that tax bill paid yet coz that was fuckin embarrasin.

Have to explain the embarrassing part to me. The club are contesting the fine imposed.

The tax bill and tarting up the stadium are side issues. We are a football club and we needed strengthening BEFORE the season started. If the Murray/LBG had still been overseeing things the reaction of certain people would be in complete contrast to what it is now. Strangely reminiscent of the RST's silence when they thought there was going to be something in it for them.

The only problem a have is he should have never mentioned how much many he would spend on transfers am happy for the club to be run sensible but am not happy about being told we will spend 5 7 10 15 million when that was not going to happen

The tax bill and tarting up the stadium are side issues. We are a football club and we needed strengthening BEFORE the season started. If the Murray/LBG had still been overseeing things the reaction of certain people would be in complete contrast to what it is now. Strangely reminiscent of the RST's silence when they thought there was going to be something in it for them.

True to a certain degree, but football clubs need a stadium to play in. They also need to pay taxes just as you and I do.

I'd also point out that Craig Whyte/Ally McCoist did try to strengthen the team from the beginning. If transfers are complex matters, not to mention the players who turned us down, it's hardly Craig Whyte's fault.