So, Is That The Chequebook Away Then?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are forgetting we can avoid another dodgy early season CL qualifier if we win the league, it's worth spending some money to make sure we finish first, we will make it all back and more when we qualify for the Champions League.

Mr Whyte promised £5 million invested in the squad for the first 4 seasons, I don't remember him stipulating that this was only if we made some money in europe.

He didn't promise £5m net spend. He's spent 1.5 on Wallace, 800k on Goian, approx 400k each on Bedoya and Boca, 250-300k on Mackay and I'm sure a fee for Bartley on loan too. So that's approx £3.5m before whatever was paid for Bartley's loan. Hopefully he'll spend a wee bit before Wednesday. And there's your near enough £5m. Also depends on your definition of squad investment, new deals were a good investment in my head. I'm happy with Whyte

Some people are forgetting we can avoid another dodgy early season CL qualifier if we win the league, it's worth spending some money to make sure we finish first, we will make it all back and more when we qualify for the Champions League.

Mr Whyte promised £5 million invested in the squad for the first 4 seasons, I don't remember him stipulating that this was only if we made some money in europe.

He refused to spend when there was a Champions League jackpot up for grabs.

He refused to spend when there was Europa League cash there for the taking.

Where's all the money went that he was spending on Juhasz, Goodwillie, Verhoek and Cuellar?

Your point about spending now to ensure we win the league is a valid one but unfortunately I can't see it happening.

We ALL know that we need to strengthen the squad further....I don't believe there is any disagreement on that point.

Why not 'release' some money by freeing up the wages we are paying to noentities such as Beattie, Kerkar, Broadfoot, Edu, McCulloch, Whittaker and Ortiz.

If we can't offload them for a reasonable transfer fee, then lets send them out on loan to whomever will take them off our hands.

Surely then we could make a few signings before the window closes and, hopefully, add the quality we need if not the quantity.

He refused to spend when there was a Champions League jackpot up for grabs.

He refused to spend when there was Europa League cash there for the taking.

Where's all the money went that he was spending on Juhasz, Goodwillie, Verhoek and Cuellar?

Your point about spending now to ensure we win the league is a valid one but unfortunately I can't see it happening.

Sadly I have my doubts now too, but I will wait until the window closes to judge. It's a catch 22 situation, they dont spend and we don't qualify and then they say we can't spend as we didn't qualify. Fannying about with transfers has really tainted the start of this new era.

I think we were unlucky in both of the 2nd leg matches, but maybe a bit of extra quality in the attacking midfield or up front would have seen us through.

He didn't promise £5m net spend. He's spent 1.5 on Wallace, 800k on Goian, approx 400k each on Bedoya and Boca, 250-300k on Mackay and I'm sure a fee for Bartley on loan too. So that's approx £3.5m before whatever was paid for Bartley's loan. Hopefully he'll spend a wee bit before Wednesday. And there's your near enough £5m. Also depends on your definition of squad investment, new deals were a good investment in my head. I'm happy with Whyte

Try £500K for Goian and £750K up front for Wallace. We also brought money in from the sale of Bougherra and around £900K for Adam going to Liverpool.

Try £500K for Goian and £750K up front for Wallace. We also brought money in from the sale of Bougherra and around £900K for Adam going to Liverpool.

As I said, he said he'd invest £5m in the playing squad, he didn't say £5m net spend so the money coming in is irrelevant. As for £750k up front for Wallace, I wonder then in ensuing seasons whether the accountants on here will include all the sums Craig Whyte is still paying for Wallace as part of the 5mil being spent in that season. I somehow doubt it.

Anyway, it's upti everyone to decide what they want. I'm backing the regime and am excited to see Bedoya and Mackay in action. When we win the league I fully expect all the folk slating Whyte to have mellowed. Let's discuss it then

As I said, he said he'd invest £5m in the playing squad, he didn't say £5m net spend so the money coming in is irrelevant. As for £750k up front for Wallace, I wonder then in ensuing seasons whether the accountants on here will include all the sums Craig Whyte is still paying for Wallace as part of the 5mil being spent in that season. I somehow doubt it.

Anyway, it's upto everyone to decide what they want. I'm backing the regime and am excited to see Bedoya and Mackay in action. When we win the league I fully expect all the folk slating Whyte to have mellowed. Let's discuss it then

Oh and cheers for making sure our best players remain at the club by offering them long contracts. Ya cheap cunt

Surely £5 million to strengthen the squad means £5 million in addition to what we already have. We sold Bougherra for a decent sum. By that logic Whyte could sell Jelavic for £7 million next summer, then spend £5 million on a replacement and come out and say "Hey! I've invested £5million to strengthen our squad" when in reality we cashed in on a quality player and brought in a cheaper replacement.

So far I'm happy with Mr Whyte but I won't be fully convinced by the new regime unless we see some genuine quality added before the window closes. Its a bit early to be breaking promises and we've already had a chairman who was all talk.

Wont change my opinion of the owner who has made an outstanding start to his Rangers ownership. I cant thank him enough for giving Ibrox the facelift it so badly needed, giving Ally so many new players and tying up so many important players on long term deals, 3 things which would never have happened under the old regime. Its just a shame Ally has let him down on more than one occassion already.

One would need to be fucking idiot to demand or ask for any more spending given our current situation.

13 new signings, 7 new players, 3 key players on 5 year deals and a hot prospect on a 5 year deal also. His commitment cannot be questioned.

Its just such a shame due to our coaching teams ineptness that we are going to post a loss in Mr Whytes first year in charge. He doesnt deserve that at all.

Thank you again Mr Whyte

:clap::praise:

By a mile the best post ihave read from u well done that man, Mumourings are we will defo get another 2 signings before deadline but after start in europe i would maybe be keeping money until january, but defo think Craig Whyte has the money and will be good for us in terrible times!!

Surely £5 million to strengthen the squad means £5 million in addition to what we already have. We sold Bougherra for a decent sum. By that logic Whyte could sell Jelavic for £7 million next summer, then spend £5 million on a replacement and come out and say "Hey! I've invested £5million to strengthen our squad" when in reality we cashed in on a quality player and brought in a cheaper replacement.

So far I'm happy with Mr Whyte but I won't be fully convinced by the new regime unless we see some genuine quality added before the window closes. Its a bit early to be breaking promises and we've already had a chairman who was all talk.

He was a businessman trying to buy the club. He was hardly gonna say there would be no investment. I think anyone who fully believed everything he said was painfully naive. I'm just sick of people talkin shit about net spend. Some folks would happily see us piss money away when that is what nearly killed us as recently as a year ago. It boggles my mind, we need to live within our means. As I say, when we win the league with a team full of guys who only cost 6 figure sums, I'll be delighted. No point spending millions in a league with little to no competition

By a mile the best post ihave read from u well done that man, Mumourings are we will defo get another 2 signings before deadline but after start in europe i would maybe be keeping money until january, but defo think Craig Whyte has the money and will be good for us in terrible times!!

Cheers. :)(tu)

He was a businessman trying to buy the club. He was hardly gonna say there would be no investment. I think anyone who fully believed everything he said was painfully naive. I'm just sick of people talkin shit about net spend. Some folks would happily see us piss money away when that is what nearly killed us as recently as a year ago. It boggles my mind, we need to live within our means. As I say, when we win the league with a team full of guys who only cost 6 figure sums, I'll be delighted. No point spending millions in a league with little to no competition

I can think of £18million reasons to spend enough to bury celtc. I don't want to see us overspend but my understanding was that Mr Whyte had come in with a financial plan that would allow for £20million invested in the squad over 4-5 years while making more money back from success on the park and greater exploitation of The Rangers brand.

I hope Dunny is right again and there are a couple more new faces to come.

I can think of £18million reasons to spend enough to bury celtc. I don't want to see us overspend but my understanding was that Mr Whyte had come in with a financial plan that would allow for £20million invested in the squad over 4-5 years while making more money back from success on the park and greater exploitation of The Rangers brand.

I hope Dunny is right again and there are a couple more new faces to come.

Parkhead Corinthians are shite, our squad is more than capable for the spl without more investment and Whyte has invested money while retaining our best players. Everyone needs to stop panicking

Parkhead Corinthians are shite, our squad is more than capable for the spl without more investment and Whyte has invested money while retaining our best players. Everyone needs to stop panicking

I think people are more pished of about the 1 million net spend. Rangers being a massive club! supported world wide with hundreds of thousands of fans buying Rangers tops and merchandise and x amount of season tickets. Nearly 50 thousand supporters every 2nd week.

Rangers football club should be spending more than one million. Scottish football being pish or not, No one wants Rangers to spunk loads of fucking millions! but Rangers are better than one fucking Million.

I think people are more pished of about the 1 million net spend. Rangers being a massive club! supported world wide with hundreds of thousands of fans buying Rangers tops and merchandise and x amount of season tickets. Nearly 50 thousand supporters every 2nd week.

Rangers football club should be spending more than one million. Scottish football being pish or not, No one wants Rangers to spunk loads of fucking millions! but Rangers are better than one fucking Million.

All of that maybe correct but are a football who needs to budget annually around a £40m turnover. Without European football we have no budget, our running costs exceed what money we bring in, from all those fans. Fans need to get real and accept that we need European football every year if we want to progress as a club and match any ambitions the fans may have.

All of that maybe correct but are a football who needs to budget annually around a £40m turnover. Without European football we have no budget, our running costs exceed what money we bring in, from all those fans. Fans need to get real and accept that we need European football every year if we want to progress as a club and match any ambitions the fans may have.

True mate! but we should really be spending more than 1 million. I THINK WE WILL SEE ANOTHER 1-2 SIGNINGS NEXT WEEK. :crabflute:

Losing out in Europe this year has been a massive blow. Winning the league this year is a must now. ITS A MUST EVERY YEAR :crabflute: but this year is a must due to our poor showing in Europe.

It's not about how much we spend it's the quality we get for that money. Ill be delighted if we spend £1m quid and form a good side. Rangers aren't world beaters any more and we have a responsibility to be fiscal with what little money is available in Scottish football. We'd be daft to spend millions now.

It's not about how much we spend it's the quality we get for that money. Ill be delighted if we spend £1m quid and form a good side. Rangers aren't world beaters any more and we have a responsibility to be fiscal with what little money is available in Scottish football. We'd be daft to spend millions now.

(tu)

True mate! but we should really be spending more than 1 million.

why should we though

have a look at some of the teams (both rangers and Parkhead Corinthians) that failed to make a dent on europe

US

Amoruso, Gio, Albertz, Mols, Hendry, Kanchelskis etc et

THEM

Sutton, Hartson, Balde etc etc

All big transfer/big wage (or both) players that apart from one run to seville for they bastards failed to do heehaw in europe.

Now look at the 3 teams that made the last 16 all in succession

US

Wattereus, Malcolm, Murray, Boyd, Novo, LOvenkrands, Burke

THEM

Macdonald, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor,

All low rate players that somehoe punched above their weight, big spending means nothing ion todays football, look at man city for an example,

remember that the 2 combined SPL top goalscorers cost a million quid between them, the dual combination centre half pairing for the beggars that went ot the last 16 twice was a hibs freebie and a youth player, and possibly the worst centre halves scotland have ever seen

and remember that we got the the uefa cup final by playing the likes of papac, broadfoot, weir, hemdani, novo, all players that cost next to nothing

It is about the quality we get in! I would be very happy with a Quality CH, STRIKER, MIDFIELDER. A lack of quality in front of goal on thursday night is what cost us.

If we got a few in? there is nothing stopping us from punting a few out the door. If anyone would take them :lol:

WHYTE HASNT BACKED ALLY!

ally has been made to deal in the bargain basement and see all his preferred targets move elsewhere. so imo he has been handicapped b4 even getting a decent crack of the whip.

if super gets us to win the lge with the squad we have and markets(transfer) he has had to deal in, it will be a bloody good achievement in his first yr as manager.

as for whyte he gave us all false hope! however without his takeover we would be fucked and have to sell our best assets instead of getting them signed up on new deals.

unless we sign 2 decent players b4 the end of the window then the buck will stop at whytes door if we fail to win the lge. imo

i have faith super will work it out and lead us to victory come the end of the season. as for whyte the jury is still out on him but he also deserves 1 or 2 yrs to show us what his intentions are for our gr8 club

True mate! but we should really be spending more than 1 million. I THINK WE WILL SEE ANOTHER 1-2 SIGNINGS NEXT WEEK. :crabflute:

Losing out in Europe this year has been a massive blow. Winning the league this year is a must now. ITS A MUST EVERY YEAR :crabflute: but this year is a must due to our poor showing in Europe.

Any more signings without anyone out the door would be silly.

It has been mate, a massive blow.