Rangers Download

Potdog

quote name='Potdog' timestamp='1314635991' post='1059358706']

not really scamming the club out of money when most likley i would not be buying it from a shop or the rangers store :P

na, thats not scamming them outa money at all.

anyone got any auld grannies credit cards i can use? i probably wouldnt spend the money otherwise...

:crabflute:

We are in the dark ages as a business, if we expect fans to buy from the club by visiting the store or waiting for delivery of a DVD, in this age.

Rangers are in a transitional period with social media etc., and that is a good move but we need to get a grip of our complete online presence. Why can we not buy a Rangers DVD or highlights of a certain game, for download? No storage fee's, no packaging fee's, just pure profit straight to the club and less for the fans to pay - meaning less piracy.

Why should Rangers DVD's be for Christmas? Let's get them on online downloads at a fraction of the cost and make a monthly business from it. Would you buy the full game for £5 or £6 with a programme? I reckon I would.

We are in the dark ages as a business, if we expect fans to buy from the club by visiting the store or waiting for delivery of a DVD, in this age.

Rangers are in a transitional period with social media etc., and that is a good move but we need to get a grip of our complete online presence. Why can we not buy a Rangers DVD or highlights of a certain game, for download? No storage fee's, no packaging fee's, just pure profit straight to the club and less for the fans to pay - meaning less piracy.

Why should Rangers DVD's be for Christmas? Let's get them on online downloads at a fraction of the cost and make a monthly business from it. Would you buy the full game for £5 or £6 with a programme? I reckon I would.

I like it (tu)

Think they would have to sort out the rights to sell the footage and probably give the SPL a cut or whatever but a great idea and would probably be the first team to do it(here anyway).

That would be too much like forward thinking.

Why can we not buy a Rangers DVD or highlights of a certain game, for download? No storage fee's, no packaging fee's, just pure profit straight to the club and less for the fans to pay - meaning less piracy.

Can you not do this on Rangers TV lite or whatever?

Completely agree with this. i don't know sometimes i am just in the mood to watch a certain moment of the rangers and can't be bothered with the delivery wait lol i think that idea would be perfect to be honest :).

Rangers.tv is for watching online
Why can we not buy a Rangers DVD or highlights of a certain game, for download?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/MatchHighlights

Rangers TV Lite is our online TV Channel, created by the Club for fans. A subscription to Rangers TV Lite includes:

Live audio coverage of every game home and away.

Extended video highlights of every match

Exclusive video interviews and Club features

Huge video archive featuring classic matches

Do you seriously not get my point?

If I wanted to watch the season 92/93 official DVD release, would I find it on that site or would I have to buy it from Amazon or elsewhere on the net?

If I wanted the following DVD's, why can I not buy and download? No postage fee for Rangers, no packaging fee for Rangers:

http://rangersdvds.co.uk/

I have a massive collection of Rangers TV highlights.

I have every season since Souness's first season(1986-87)

I had over 100 VHS Tapes of games.

I have every old firm game during the 9 in arow years.

All the European games from the epic 1992-93 season.

All of Advocaat's seasons including the full 90 minutes of the 3-0 game against the earl haigs.

I converted them to DVD which took me the best part of six months.

It is a cherished collection of Rangers history.

If I wanted to watch the season 92/93 official DVD release, would I find it on that site or would I have to buy it from Amazon or elsewhere on the net?

If I wanted the following DVD's, why can I not buy and download? No postage fee for Rangers, no packaging fee for Rangers:

http://rangersdvds.co.uk/

I would imagine it has something to do with piracy, the cost to secure digital copies with DRM is probably too much. It is very unlikely they would offer it unsecured as it would just end up elsewhere on the web for free cutting in to their profits. Some Rangers DVDs are available pirated online, but it is such a niche market that you really have to go out of your way to find them and such torrents are often not regularly seeded. It would be good to see them make out of print season review DVDs, etc. available for streaming on Rangers.tv, they're not making any money off the 90's DVDs at this point anyways, but there might be some rights conflicts with whoever produced them at the time.