Interesting Comments About Lafferty From Mccoist

Carsons Dog

10 goals in 11 games is great. No doubt about it. But Lafferty has been here longer than 11 games.

In his Rangers career to date he has scored 27 in 89 i.e 1 in every 3.3 games.

If you don't include his purple patch in the last 10 games he has a rate on 17 in 79, i.e 1 in every 4.6 games!

In his Burnley career he scored 10 in 83 games i.e 1 in every 8.3 games!

Lafferty may be consistent, yes, but he is consistently second rate.

If he is also acting like a twat in the dressing room then he deserves everything he gets. Harsh but fair.

10 goals in 11 games is great. No doubt about it. But Lafferty has been here longer than 11 games.

If you don't include his purple patch in the last 10 games he has a rate on 17 in 79, i.e 1 in every 4.6 games!

If he is also acting like a twat in the dressing room then he deserves everything he gets. Harsh but fair.

How often have we played him as a striker though?

Aye, let's not include his purple patch, or the other purple patches he had when the chips were down for Championships.

That'll give us the whole picture.

His Burnley record isn't a fair set of statistics to base his ability on at all.

He was a teenager relying on substitue apperances and being shoehorned into any forward thinking position that they could muster just so he could get more game time and that has carried across to much of his time at Rangers too.

Whenever he has had a fair run in a set position he's delivered the goods.

Aye, let's not include his purple patch, or the other purple patches he had when the chips were down for Championships.

That'll give us the whole picture.

Yeah, lets forget about the statistics across his whole career and concentrate on 10 games when he has actually scored a goal doh

I really don't get this Lafferty love-in. People slate Edu, Broadfoot, Whittaker et al for not being "Rangers class" but seem to give Lafferty a free ride for being a poor footballer with a second rate scoring record and an even worse first touch :(

Yeah, lets forget about the statistics across his whole career and concentrate on 10 games when he has actually scored a goal doh

I really don't get this Lafferty love-in. People slate Edu, Broadfoot, Whittaker et al for not being "Rangers class" but seem to give Lafferty a free ride for being a poor footballer with a second rate scoring record and an even worse first touch :(

Lafferty has had nothing like a free ride in his time here, there isn't a Lafferty love-in either. It's clear you just don't like him.

For the record i am a Lafferty fan, for a while on here nearly the only one, so he has had dogs abuse on here,free ride certainly not, love in my arse.

He is a player alright and will prove it many times over in the seasons ahead, what sort of scoring record do you call first rate?

For the record i am a Lafferty fan, for a while on here nearly the only one, so he has had dogs abuse on here,free ride certainly not, love in my arse.

He is a player alright and will prove it many times over in the seasons ahead, what sort of scoring record do you call first rate?

Circa 1 goal in every 2 games is first rate. I guess it depends on what else you add to the team, like assists etc.