Ibrahimovic Is Overrated - I Don't Understand The Hype

Waste

200 goals in 436 games, playing much of his career in 2 of the strongest leagues.

28 goals and 67 caps for Sweden.

5 league titles on the trot (7 including Juves revoked ones)

Ajax

* Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04

* KNVB Cup: 2001–02

* Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Juventus

* Serie A: 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked)

Internazionale

* Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09

* Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona

* La Liga: 2009–10

* Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010

* UEFA Super Cup: 2009

* FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

AC Milan

* Serie A: 2010–11

* Supercoppa Italiana: 2011

Individual

* Serie A Top Scorer: 2009

* Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009

* Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009

* Guldbollen (The Golden Ball): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

* UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009

* Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010

* Jerringpriset: 2007

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No seriously. It is.

Yeah, but it's not, is it? I mean, given what 'overrated' means. He might be shite (he's not but let's say he is), but if everybody thinks he's shite, and the vast majority of people I encounter think so, then he's not overrated is he?

The people who say he is overrated see him in a game or 2 a year on TV and see him criticised by the UK media and so they think he's shit. They are not aware of his supreme technical ability. But surely these morons can just look at simple stats and realise he is world class?

He's a supremely talented player who is extremely frustrating at times . He's capable of real quality and sublime pieces of skill at times but doesn't do it often enough imo .

On form he is virtually unplayable because he posesses every attribute you could want in a footballer , on the physical side at least .

Do all of the people saying he's overrated not realise how ridiculous it is? If everybody thinks he's overrated, he's not rated highly :lol:

Who gives a toss if he's 'world class'? At domestic level he's one of the most sublime footballers to watch in the world.

Absolute nonsense and statistics don't tell the whole story, people who rely on statistics. doh

Watched Zlatan for years at Juventus, Ajax, Sweden etc and I certainly believe he is one of the most overrated players in world football. Remember I used to regularly read he was the best striker in the world and up there with Messi. :lol:

There is no denying Zlatan regularly flatters to deceive for country and especially in the CL knockout stages.

Also don't buy into this league championship argument considering Juventus got two stripped due to match-fixing, then Inter had no real competition for the next two-three seasons with Milan in decline and Juventus out of the picture.

Good player with a very good scoring record but certainly overrated, IMO. Totti is more talented and a better player, Zlatan is not world class.

So he scores a lot, creates a lot and wins a lot of trophies but he's overrated (despite the fact everyone says he's shite). Aye, very good.

Do all of the people saying he's overrated not realise how ridiculous it is? If everybody thinks he's overrated, he's not rated highly :lol:

Who gives a toss if he's 'world class'? At domestic level he's one of the most sublime footballers to watch in the world.

He's underrated if anything.

Do the people saying " At domestic level he's one of the most sublime footballers to watch in the world" and then go on to claim he can't be overrated, not realise how ridiculous that sounds. There is many better footballers to watch than Zlatan. His footballing style is not really that good, especially the sulky attitude.

Who has mentioned he is 'shite' just more nonsense for a waster(excuse the pun) poster on here.

He's amazing to watch :lol: Especially the sulky attitude. I think it's the counterpoint between his ridiculous looks and his skill that does it for me.

Do the people saying " At domestic level he's one of the most sublime footballers to watch in the world" and then go on to claim he can't be overrated, not realise how ridiculous that sounds. There is many better footballers to watch than Zlatan. His footballing style is not really that good, especially the sulky attitude.

Who has mentioned he is 'shite' just more nonsense for a waster(excuse the pun) poster on here.

Throwing your toys at the pram because you're wrong.

MUMMY, THE INTERNET IS ARGUING WITH ME :broadfoot: