Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wylde can deliver a good ball. Of course the issue is that is happens so infrequently that people believe it's 'never'.

Had enough of him and time to sit him back on the bench. 1 trick pony and everyone knows the 1 trick. Yesterday was worse than usual. There was a spelll when we put together about 30 passes. It then goes to Wylde, immediately surrenders possession.

Should have taken the 400k on offer last year imho. 00000042.gif

Wylde can deliver a good ball. Of course the issue is that is happens so infrequently that people believe it's 'never'.

Had enough of him and time to sit him back on the bench. 1 trick pony and everyone knows the 1 trick. Yesterday was worse than usual. There was a spelll when we put together about 30 passes. It then goes to Wylde, immediately surrenders possession.

Should have taken the 400k on offer last year imho. 00000042.gif

You'd feel like one of those dodgy cartoon characters if you took that for Wylde, the one that runs away in a suit and hat stroking his mostache.

Must admit I am not a fan of Wylde however needs must and if Super feels he should play I'd at least like him to play in the correct position. Have no idea why he was playing on the right.The only thing he has going for him is his pace. Would be nowhere near the first team if it wasn't for injuries in my opinion.

Top 4 player assists this season would suggest it exists!

Steven Davis-10

Nikica Jelavic-5

Greg Wylde-4

Sone Aluko-3

Aluko hasn't been here long and he only has one less assist.

Also, say we only score one goal out of every 10 Wylde deleveries. Does this mean his final ball is good?

Quality is not a word I'd associate with Gregg Wylde - in any position.

Listen, I don't like saying this because he's still young and still learning, but he's just not Rangers class.

The same thing was said about Messrs Naismith and Adam.

Sometimes patience is required...or a change of approach.

Quality is not a word I'd associate with Gregg Wylde - in any position.

Listen, I don't like saying this because he's still young and still learning, but he's just not Rangers class.

rangers class is an interesting concept. since he broke into the team less than a year ago he's barely lost a game and has a dozen assists to his name.

id encourage you to give the wee man a chance.

hasn't lost an of game either.

what baffles me about the Wylde situation though is that McCoist continues to persevere with him, but gives none of the other youngsters the same number of chances.

Like who, Perry and McMillan?They won't make it either. Neither of them are good enough.

The only truly outstanding youngster we have at the moment is Ness but unfortunately he'd get injured on Question of Sport.

rangers class is an interesting concept. since he broke into the team less than a year ago he's barely lost a game and has a dozen assists to his name.

I have.

I actually thought he'd make his mark this season but if anything he has regressed. I don't see a future for him at Ibrox.

Hope I'm wrong as I love nothing more than seeing our own kids making the breakthrough.

Like who, Perry and McMillan?They won't make it either. Neither of them are good enough.

The only truly outstanding youngster we have at the moment is Ness but unfortunately he'd get injured on Question of Sport.

I'd give McMillan and Fleck a chance definitely and Hutton. Perry i'm not sure about, but the point i was making was why not give these guys 15-20 odd games and see if they really can do it? he's done that with Wylde.

I'd give McMillan and Fleck a chance definitely and Hutton. Perry i'm not sure about, but the point i was making was why not give these guys 15-20 odd games and see if they really can do it? he's done that with Wylde.

Because you don't get a lot of chances at Ibrox and have to make an immediate impression. Wylde's had more than enough chances imo.

I was reading Ian Holloway today and he believes John Fleck will become a big star under him because he can go out and express himself without fear of making a mistake.

We don't have that luxury and we're expected to win EVERY game - that's a big pressure.

For what it's worth I don't believe Fleck will do any better down there than he did with us. He's just another boy that never lived up to the hype.

it says more about our strikers than anything.

End of the day, how many times have we seen Wylde over/under hit a cross? How many times have we seen him put it behind for a goal kick? More than we should have if he's as good as people make out..

He played in the last one.

Ive never been one to give a player wearing our colours too much stick and the fact he has came through our youth system I really would love to see him kick on BUT for a winger he is so one dimensional and I dont know many other players that are so one footed. I play right back for a pishy amateur team and pace aside id really fancy my chances against wylde...show him onto his right all day and he's got nothing...no tricks, no turns...directness can be good but when people suss you out you need a plan B! Thats why it baffles me the decision to play him on the right as they did when he came on against Celtic. Its either Left mid and develop his creativity or no thanks....In 15 minutes (hard to tell) Mervan looked twice the player and id like to hope he will be starting at left mid against Utd (favoured position for a change).

Because you don't get a lot of chances at Ibrox and have to make an immediate impression. Wylde's had more than enough chances imo.

I was reading Ian Holloway today and he believes John Fleck will become a big star under him because he can go out and express himself without fear of making a mistake.

We don't have that luxury and we're expected to win EVERY game - that's a big pressure.

For what it's worth I don't believe Fleck will do any better down there than he did with us. He's just another boy that never lived up to the hype.

I think - particularly in the current financial environment - we have to re-consider our approach with younger players. there seems to be this attitude that a player is either messi or nothing. (or rooney in flecks case). we have some decent youngsters who we could use as good steady 'papac' like players. if we can get rid of whittaker/mcculloch/bedoya type players from the squad, plus jelavic (purely cash viewpoint), our wage bill lowers and we get in some money. then we can look for a couple of big names who can mix with the younger guys. imo we have to focus on youth, its our only chance long-term.

imo we have to focus on youth, its our only chance long-term.

It's very, very difficult to make that final step up. It's not just about ability, it's about mental toughness. Only the very best tend to make the grade.

It's the same across the city at Celtic and much as it chokes me to say it, they seem to have unearthed a real gem in James Forrest. Dylan McGeough's another I fully expect to hit the big time.

Sadly, Wylde couldn't lace the boots of Forrest and our other youngsters apart from Ness don't fill me with confidence.

It's alright saying this is the way forward but very few kids at either club actually make the grade. Focusing on youth's a romantic concept but the reality's slightly different.

In which way?

In the case of Adam, it was obvious to all and sundry that he wasn't as fit as he could have been. His pal with the fat arse, Boyd, was exactly the same.

If our manager had done something to address the fitness problem with those two (for starters), we could have had 2 players of genuine Rangers class. Don't ask me why this was never done. As soon as Adam was part of a regime to get his fitness back in order, he was feted by Liverpool.

Charlie Adam all over again.

The ironic argument just now is, if Wylde was foreign he would be shoved out the door.... its more often than not, scottish players that get slated (Adam,Burke,Boyd,Hutton,Ferguson etc) whilst the passengers with the fancy names get let off scot free (pardon the pun) as they ''are trying to settle''

Wylde WILL be a great player, as will Fleck,Hutton,Ness and mcCabe. Problem is, people think they will be Henderson/Cooper if they are a winger, they are the next Gazza if a central mid or next super ally if play upfront.