What If.

thedarvelmarvel

What do you base this on? Do you think a Rangers with huge investment for EPL football would take that amount of time to get through lower leagues in England? They could do it now with the team they have ffs in 2 years from League One. 5-7 years...lol

If they started Rangers off in the Northern Premier League then it would take at least 7 years to reach the EPL because there are 7 leagues to win before the EPL.

If they started Rangers off in the Northern Premier League then it would take at least 7 years to reach the EPL because there are 7 leagues to win before the EPL.

Why start off in NPL? Seems like a silly wall to put in your way. Buy a League One club on the cheap.

Examples of clubs throughout Europe not playing in their own country:

Clubs outside their own countries

What rules are those?

Renaming team name seems to be allowed. Moving ground seems to be allowed. Ground in other country seems to be allowed. There are examples of all of these so why didn't they stop those?

What examples of playing in another country are there?

UEFA/FIFA rules stipulate that you can only play within your own countries association unless there is a sound reason for it, based mainly on.

1/ Your country does not have a professional league, An example is Liechenstein where teams play in Switzerland.

2/ You cannot play within your own country for security reason, Derry City is an example

3/ You were playing in another country prior to your own country having a pro league,Cardiff are an example and this is why the current Welsh league teams cant move to the English leagues

4/ You were playing in another country prior to the formation of UEFA/FIFA. The Welsh clubs and Berwick Rangers are an example.

You cant just move for financial reasons

Why start off in NPL? Seems like a silly wall to put in your way. Buy a League One club on the cheap.

Examples of clubs throughout Europe not playing in their own country:

Clubs outside their own countries

Would member clubs vote for entry any higher though? Last time this issue was seriously discussed there was a suggestion that the earliest entry point would be the NWCFL (9 leagues below the EPL).

I'd happily see Rangers and Septic entered straight into the EPL as it would add vitality to an often over hyped league but its not up to me and surely member clubs would not vote for the elevation of 2 clubs from a different league to the detriment of their own ambitions?

Would member clubs vote for entry any higher though? Last time this issue was seriously discussed there was a suggestion that the earliest entry point would be the NWCFL (9 leagues below the EPL).

I'd happily see Rangers and Septic entered straight into the EPL as it would add vitality to an often over hyped league but its not up to me and surely member clubs would not vote for the elevation of 2 clubs from a different league to the detriment of their own ambitions?

of course they wouldnt, In at the bottom league and work your way up. Add in the fact that as UEFA rules dont allow you to move for financial reasons you would need to take UEFA to court to allow this to happen which woul take a minimum of 5 years, in reality it would take you about 17 seasons to reach the top flight in England. Prety pointless as the big clubs will have left the EPL by then :)

That's why my point was to buy a club higher up in the system.

Wouldn't have thought you could do that to be honest. And what club on earth would allow themselves to be purchased for such a reason? Every club, no matter how modest, has what they consider a proud history / heritage.

What do you base this on? Do you think a Rangers with huge investment for EPL football would take that amount of time to get through lower leagues in England? They could do it now with the team they have ffs in 2 years from League One. 5-7 years...lol

Your missing the point, we wouldn't have our current team, we couldn't afford them! Our crowds would be around 25k with no Euro income. We wouldn't have Davis, Jelavic, Naismith or McGregor - fact.

Unless you mean, that someone would be bankrolling us and we'd be running up huge debts - in that case, 2-3 yrs to get to the EPL, then similar to challenge for top six.

Your missing the point, we wouldn't have our current team, we couldn't afford them! Our crowds would be around 25k with no Euro income. We wouldn't have Davis, Jelavic, Naismith or McGregor - fact.

The current team could potentially change their contracts over to the new club? Don't think its much of an issue tbh.

And, yes, I think we would have extra investment as Whyte has already hinted at.

So where does the jurisdiction of the Scottish Parliament end?

784706_513863ad.jpg

img_0609.jpg

This Border is for Regional purposes only ie Tax Bands ,Voting ,etc, It is not a Nationally Recognised Border and never will be.Although If some people get their wish ,they would have you close it.

Just hope that doesn't happen until I am over the Other side .Rule Britannia and God save the Union of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

Parochialism can be Dangerous.

The current team could potentially change their contracts over to the new club? Don't think its much of an issue tbh.

And, yes, I think we would have extra investment as Whyte has already hinted at.

Firstly, our top players do not want to spend their prime in Englands lower leagues even if we could afford them. Secondly, Whyte has hinted at lots of types of investment. You 'think' he would provide it! I'll wait till he comes good on previous hints - before I believe new ones.

That's why my point was to buy a club higher up in the system.

You what really amazes me is fans come up with this guff thinking their idea is new, in simple terms if we could we would already have done it. Along with Ajax moving to Germany, Benfica into Spain, Lyon into Italy etc it aint happening. Look at the big picture.

silly idea, not allowed under UEFA'/FIFA rules and the FA would not allow it partly due to pressure from UEFA/FIFA.

Dunce cap to the first person who either says Sky will make it happen or there are welsh clubs in England.

If it could happen Murray would have done it years ago and tripled his investment value

I think the rule about multiple club ownership (if that's the one you mean) only applies to clubs playing in the same league or that could realistically meet in competition. Was on a documentary a while back with Bryan Robson who now brokers this type of deal. David Murray was linked with a club in England at the same time as he owned us was he not?

You what really amazes me is fans come up with this guff thinking their idea is new, in simple terms if we could we would already have done it. Along with Ajax moving to Germany, Benfica into Spain, Lyon into Italy etc it aint happening. Look at the big picture.

You'll need to tell Craig Whyte this, it stems from his comments in the Telegraph the other day.