Al Jolson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If big Kyle was performing like Jelavic has been this season he'd:

(a) not be in the side, and

(b) be getting absolutely slaughtered on here, on the radio, in the papers.

Because if Lafferty was playing poorly he'd be showing form that we've seen from him before.

This is the first time Jelavic has gone on a poor run, and after his heroics last season he deserves a bit of time to put things back together before people start getting on his back.

That said, Jelavic still links up well even when he isn't scoring goals.

If big Kyle was performing like Jelavic has been this season he'd:

(a) not be in the side, and

(b) be getting absolutely slaughtered on here, on the radio, in the papers.

He is performing like jelavic

I don't think Jelavic has been that bad this season in all honesty. He isn't a Kris Boyd type 30 goals a season striker. He will bag 15-20 goals a season and get around about the same number of assists. Would love somebody to go through our goals this season and count how many he was involved in.

I could see your point if we hadn't been scoring goals, but we have scored more goals than any other team in the league. His link up play, particularly with Naismith, is outstanding. Had Jela not been in the team, Naismith would not have had the start to the season he has had.

My one critism with Jelavic is his diving. It's embarrassing to have a diver in your team and Ally needs to get it out of him. He dives at times when he doesn't need to as well, could go on to be one on one with the keeper but he would rather take a free kick/pen and get a player booked. No place for this at Rangers.

Everyone always say, 'strikers are judged on their goals tally'. So his is 4 in 10 for the season, thats 1 in 2.5 and this is him performing 'poorly'. That includes an old firm goal and it doesn't include 1 in europe and 1 in the cup. Still been excellent for me and I'm sure he will end up with 20 or more for the season anyway.

That would equate to about 15 goals in a 38 game season. In a Rangers team, in this league, I'd be disappointed if that was the return from our main striker. Did Miller not have something like 20 by January last season?