Jelavic

Al Jolson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laff and Jela are a strange pairing. I feel like in a 90 minutes they tend to have 45 minutes where they are barely involved and look as if they have never even met each other. Then they either step it up and become a great partnership (ala second half against Celtic at Ibrox) or they individually get going a bit and either one of them scores the important goal. I think neither of them have got going this season, yet they have still scored a few goals between them. They wouldn;t get away with some of the form they've shown if they were playing in a better quality of league. Still pretty crucial to us

there's a slight difference, jelavic for 4-5 months practically carried the club last season, when lafferty ever manages that for the club he'll get the respect he deserves as a striker

as it stands lafferty still isnt good enough, at times his link up play is poor, his decision making is awful, his movement is atrocious, at one point on tuesday night against killie jelavic made a run to the near post and lafferty followed him instead of going to the back post in anticipation of the cross :anguish:

now lafferty may get you goals, infact he has shown that he WILL get you goals, but his goals to chances ratio is fucking abysmal, one of these times we are going to have a poor game attacking wise, and only create half the chances that we normally do, and with lafferty needing 5 chances for a goal it could cost us big time

no offence to the big man, i just dont think he is the clinical striker we desperately need, some of the chances lafferty blows used to be scored by boyd with his eyes shut

I tend to agree with the OP. I wasnt impressed with Jelavic today and overall this season so far he has been poor.At least with Lafferty he finds the goal scoring positions and despite some poor finishing he never gives up.No doubt Jelavic has the talent but he seems to spend a lot of time falling down and complaining to Referees at the moment.

He was pulled all over the place and done nothing but moan and whinge. For a big guy, he's a lightweight.

there's a slight difference, jelavic for 4-5 months practically carried the club last season, when lafferty ever manages that for the club he'll get the respect he deserves as a striker

as it stands lafferty still isnt good enough, at times his link up play is poor, his decision making is awful, his movement is atrocious, at one point on tuesday night against killie jelavic made a run to the near post and lafferty followed him instead of going to the back post in anticipation of the cross :anguish:

now lafferty may get you goals, infact he has shown that he WILL get you goals, but his goals to chances ratio is fucking abysmal, one of these times we are going to have a poor game attacking wise, and only create half the chances that we normally do, and with lafferty needing 5 chances for a goal it could cost us big time

no offence to the big man, i just dont think he is the clinical striker we desperately need, some of the chances lafferty blows used to be scored by boyd with his eyes shut

Think Lafferty done not too bad in the timescale you quote.

Jela's goals to chances ratio? Can't see it being so much better than Laffs.

And neither of them are clinical. But they're both better players than Boyd.

Jelavic shouldn't be undroppable, trouble is there's no way someone like Healy is good enough to come in for him, that's why I always said we needed to buy a quality striker and I stand by that.

Trying Naismith and Lafferty up front wouldn't be a bad idea, but Ally seems to prefer Naisy in midfield.

Jela is not getting breaks he had last season, his movement when we are attacking is seconded to none, I do have my concerns over our attack though big Laff plays brillient for us when we are playing a quick moving counter attack, when its more of a cautious 4-4-2 he lacks.

But, Jela is a team player tbh and just because he is not top goalscorer doesn't mean he is crap.

thing that worries me is his head does not seem right every missed chance seems to make it worse

he needs to get his confidence back and not dwell on his missed chances

him and lafferty i fear are to much alike and will not click every game

hopefully naismith will provide some spark that seemed to be missing last two games

Jelavic shouldn't be undroppable, trouble is there's no way someone like Healy is good enough to come in for him, that's why I always said we needed to buy a quality striker and I stand by that.

Trying Naismith and Lafferty up front wouldn't be a bad idea, but Ally seems to prefer Naisy in midfield.

Seriously? Playing lafferty before jelavic! Not a chance

But he isn't doing that at the moment. Today he was second to almost everything and, for a big laddie, got thrown about too easy.

You must have been watching a different game from me, he won numerous headers when his team-mates decided to pump the ball up to him.

The best was the knock down for wylde in the first half, where he peeled off his man and teed up wylde, who missed the chance.

This (tu).

I can't believe some of the things posted in this thread.

If jelavic didn't want to be here, he would of left in the summer.

Michael Mols in the masters looked better than any of our present strikers .

Jelavic for me isnt even in the same category of quality as a rod wallace or jonathan johansen at this time

he isnt a dado prso and for me if anyone came in he wouldnt have the passion of prso to stay .

His quality he should be scoring for fun in the SPL .

Jelavic might perform better if Lafferty would keep oot his fuckin road half the time.

But seriously. I think Jela needs a small, pacy strke partner.

Cue for Naismith?????? or have you got somebody on your radar, booler????

He's got two massive Croatian games coming up - Greece away then Latvia at home. Hopefully they top the Group to avoid him having to play in two play off games. Once he's got that out the way I reckon we'll see him back to his best. He'll also want to put himself in the shop window for the winter transfer window. :(

Everyone always say, 'strikers are judged on their goals tally'. So his is 4 in 10 for the season, thats 1 in 2.5 and this is him performing 'poorly'. That includes an old firm goal and it doesn't include 1 in europe and 1 in the cup. Still been excellent for me and I'm sure he will end up with 20 or more for the season anyway.