3 year euro ban if we start as new company

soulboy

I believe that this is a different scheme. Welcome to the board, mate. :)

Like many others I've read countless threads about why we should leave Scotland and join the lower English leagues and work our way up to the premiership, IMO if we weren't invited to the top table [and that will never happen, turkeys don't vote for christmas] then we should never entertain such a scenario, and here are my reasons for not doing so.

First of all anyone I read who suggests this seems to assume that we will automatically work our way up the leagues and reach the premiership, so hypothetically lets just say we were invited to join say the blue square league how do you propose we hold onto our top players, they are professionals and I would assume that they would want to play in better company, not only that but how could we afford them and the upkeep of the stadium along with all the peripherals on the money that would be generated from the blue square coffers.

So okay again hypothetically we start from square one, if we were to gain promotion every year it would still take us 4yrs. to reach the top flight, but what would happen if we didn't get promotion from one of the leagues,[ I'm thinking the championship, because that's not an easy league to get out of] for lets just say one or two seasons, and the crowds start to dwindle, assuming we still attract a large crowd, making us an even less attractive proposition, and don't try to tell me that won't happen, I was supporting The Rangers when celtic were winning 9IAR and was at Ibrox in the early 80's when 10-15,000 was the norm, so I know how fickle the support can be, and I'd suggest we had far less fair weather supporters then than we have now

Lastly I wouldn't want The Rangers to leave Scotland without celtic tagging along, as that would just leave the door open for them to go from strength to strength by gaining access to the CL [or more likely qualifiers] every year.

Just think you've got to be careful what you wish for