We are Rangers - Every Season is Massive

bauba30

Agreed, but after the last two very unsuccessful ones the upcoming season is of greater importance than most. We must show massive improvement on a number of fronts.

1. Players

2. Youth coming through

3. Ridding Sectarianism from Ibrox and all other grounds when RFC play.

4. Public relations in every area

5. UEFA - Our reputation must be restored

6. Finances

7. Business opportunities

8. Club - Fan relations

9. Security and stewarding at home and away games including Europe

Do you agree?

nvager is correct.

This coming season is of extra important because if we don't qualify for the CL group stages, the financial gap between us and Celtic will increase further. It would also mean we'd spend less money and struggle to attract the players we need to win back the SPL title. If that happens, we'd have less season ticket holders for sure which again means less money.

A vicious circle of the very worst kind.

I agree next season is massive - only because we are behind Celtic, have been for a few seasons now, and fans patience is running thin.

I think this current season was just as iomportant as last for the same reason

I also do not think we are as far behind Celtic as many others do. I could see us winning the SPL next season if neither of us adds any players to our current squads. I think Celtics squad is vastly overrated.

Obviously, we would like a couple of seasons in a row of CL money though, that would help in a huge way

I could see us winning the SPL next season if neither of us adds any players to our current squads.

Wont happen, celtic will strengthen with a few quality players and move forward. I think we'll be left behind yet again!

I could see us winning the SPL next season if neither of us adds any players to our current squads.

Wont happen, celtic will strengthen with a few quality players and move forward. I think we'll be left behind yet again!

I dont at all

Whatever happens, whoever they sign, Walter will have us playing as an organized side who are difficult to beat. We wont give much away at the back and we will do enough to win a lot of games by the odd goal. Wont be pretty, but Walter knows that is hwo you win titles up here

We will be there or thereabouts next season - no fear

I agree next season is massive - only because we are behind Celtic, have been for a few seasons now, and fans patience is running thin.

I also do not think we are as far behind Celtic as many others do. I could see us winning the SPL next season if neither of us adds any players to our current squads. I think Celtics squad is vastly overrated.

Obviously, we would like a couple of seasons in a row of CL money though, that would help in a huge way

bauba i agree i dont think celtic are a great team, but strachan will get money to spend and we could be left chasing once again.

No it is more massive for more reasons than just being behind one club.

Next season sees the start of a crazy new SPL rule where our club could be docked points, fined or have the stadium closed for singing songs. If that happens - and we still don't know what is offensive other than fenian and FTP - then we really are up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Add that to our incresing debt (it will effectively be back to around £20million+ this autumn) and the chances of not making the CL group stage, massive doesn't quite cover it.

If we invest in our club, qualify for the CL, win the SPL and remove all our offensive stuff to avoid censure then we may consider ourselves back on track. It's not a lot to ask - or is it? If we don't do the above, then that vicious circle will really start to take effect.

It's at times like these we require leadership. I sincerely hope it will be forthcoming.

bauba i agree i dont think celtic are a great team, but strachan will get money to spend and we could be left chasing once again.

Hes had money to spend before. He bought Graveson. Before that, Venegoor Of Hospitalbed

Seriously guys, we really shouldnt be panicking about Celtic. I have every confidence we are catching them in a hurry

Add that to our incresing debt (it will effectively be back to around £20million+ this autumn)
With that taken into consideration, do you really believe Murray will make decent money available? I dont!
Next season sees the start of a crazy new SPL rule where our club could be docked points, fined or have the stadium closed for singing songs.

We'll be f*cked with that stupid new ruling. I can just see it on the 1st day of the new season. We will probably be away from home and if Murray hasnt made money available and quality isnt added then the fans will be raging.

No it is more massive for more reasons than just being behind one club.

Next season sees the start of a crazy new SPL rule where our club could be docked points, fined or have the stadium closed for singing songs. If that happens - and we still don't know what is offensive other than fenian and FTP - then we really are up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Add that to our incresing debt (it will effectively be back to around £20million+ this autumn) and the chances of not making the CL group stage, massive doesn't quite cover it.

If we invest in our club, qualify for the CL, win the SPL and remove all our offensive stuff to avoid censure then we may consider ourselves back on track. It's not a lot to ask - or is it? If we don't do the above, then that vicious circle will really start to take effect.

It's at times like these we require leadership. I sincerely hope it will be forthcoming.

Actually thats a great point Frankie Boy! (Sorry but I love that movie)

The fact that we could have points docked is huge, absolutely. We have to keep on with that and never letting the fans forget what is at stake every weekend

Incidentally, you say "if we invest in our club"- you mean financially? Outside investment? Or are you talking about moral investment? Or are you talking about a change at board level? new owner?

Sorry, but just wanted to be sure where you were heading with that phrase

Add that to our incresing debt (it will effectively be back to around £20million+ this autumn)
With that taken into consideration, do you really believe Murray will make decent money available? I dont!
Next season sees the start of a crazy new SPL rule where our club could be docked points, fined or have the stadium closed for singing songs.
We'll be f*cked with that stupid new ruling. I can just see it on the 1st day of the new season. We will probably be away from home and if Murray hasnt made money available and quality isnt added then the fans will be raging.

No, the complaints wont come in till we are 6 points clear

Agreed, but after the last two very unsuccessful ones the upcoming season is of greater importance than most. We must show massive improvement on a number of fronts.

1. Players

2. Youth coming through

3. Ridding Sectarianism from Ibrox and all other grounds when RFC play.

4. Public relations in every area

5. UEFA - Our reputation must be restored

6. Finances

7. Business opportunities

8. Club - Fan relations

9. Security and stewarding at home and away games including Europe

Do you agree?

One of the most important things we have to address and it has little to do with Walter or SDM is the atmosphere at Ibrox. Some will argue that's it's difficult to get behind a team playing so poorly, but it's all swings and roundabouts, the team need to be inspired by us and we need the team to inspire us. In times of trouble we need to stand up and be counted and that has not been happening. It's been all boo hoo look at us we aren't winning moan, moan, moan. Let's become the extra man again and strike the fear of god into any team that comes to our wonderful stadium wether it be St Mirren or Barcelona! championee

I disagree with your point about about youth though Nvager. In recent times we have had far more players coming through: McGregor, Smith, Hutton, Ferguson, Burke and Adam have all come through our sysyem and if you add Thomson, Webster and Boyd to the mix then I think we could have the core of a very strong team there. Again some will argue that we don't after the past few years, but IMO these past two season will do wonders to these players careers in the long run. If you consider that Loy, Lennon, Shinnie, McMillian and Furman are also on the verge of being first team players I think that that aspect of the future looks very bright.

Incidentally, you say "if we invest in our club"- you mean financially? Outside investment? Or are you talking about moral investment? Or are you talking about a change at board level? new owner?

Sorry, but just wanted to be sure where you were heading with that phrase

Well, I think nvager has listed several parts of the club that require financial investment. Whether that's from the current board - unlikely, and some of them should be replaced immediately - or from other ventures, it doesn't really matter as long as it happens.

Perhaps though the biggest investment might be SDM emotionally investing in the club again. If he can do that, then the rest of the puzzle may come together.

To me it looks more and more likely that the club won't sold any time soon. SDM doesn't want to be here and can't find a buyer; so, conversely, to sell the club he will need to arguably be more committed than he ever has been.

Venegoor Of Hospitalbed

Who is actually a quality player

Yeah, but gets injured on Question of Sport. How much did each goal cost Celtic this year do you think?

When fit will stick the ball in the back of the net. I expect celtic to sign a good striking partner for him next season and I think he'll rip the league apart.