What do we need in january ?

skinnymate1690

Calm down mate. I'm just having a laugh.

On the subject of McCulloch I agree with you. I felt that some of the stick he used to get was unfair, but it's evident that his last injuy, as well as old father time catching up with him, has seriously hampered his ability to play at the level required at Rangers.

Kool and the gang mate. McCullochs just a touchy subject with me TBH. I didn't want him to sign back in the day as it was a surefire sign that we were going to adopt the tactic of the long diagonal ball to the back post that Walter used with McCulloch when he was the Scotland boss. I just hate watching that type of football.

Latterly I still do not know how the feek McCulloch has manufactured this holding role or anchor man midfielder. To me he is just a slow liability that cannot tackle.

Really don't understand why so many of our fans want a tough tackling midfielder, it's not needed throughout a whole season. Our best performances over the last year or so have been with Davis/Edu in midfield, neither are good tacklers. What we do need is a creative midfielder.

Templeton is not a great crosser of the ball and certainly does not beat his man 'all day long' , massively overrated on here. Very inconsistent and have no doubt if he did sign he would get criticised for his inconsistency. Would still take him though based on his 'potential'

I never mentioned tackling mate, what I was trying to put across is that a big strong fella who can intercept the ball and stop our midfield being over-powered, is - in my opinion - something we're lacking.

As for Templeton, I agree he is over-rated on here, but he certainly beats more men than anyone else in our team at the moment (and possibly more than any other winger in the SPL outwidth the scum), and will only improve with our facilities. He's by no means perfect, but he does have something we lack. (tu)

I am with the OP on this ,we need a proper RB, get Whittaker back up to RM, and we need a another CM Midfielder, and Striker 2 if Jela goes,one with Pace another with Hold up play style ie Miller, Lovenkrands type. ASAP .

Brave man posting that :P

Lovenkrands isn't that popular on here but I'm going to go against popular opinion and say that I think he's a player who I think could offer something to us in January.

Judging by our last 2 performances I think we desperately need more attacking options. At least one striker and a creative midfielder. I think we are well enough covered in defence to be honest. If we have any money I think it would be better spent on attacking options.