Jordan Mcmillan

Everyday I see on here that McMillan should be our right back.

Can someone or all that want this to happen please show me what you base this on.

The guy has played 90 minutes of league football for us since 2005 and 8 minutes as a sub in the champions league.

On loan at conference side Wrexham last year he could not hold down a regular start. (4 starts in 8 matches)

He aint a yougster no more trying to make the grade, the guy is 23 now.

3 Rangers managers have had no faith in his ability

A conference team obviously missed his ability

So please someone convince me otherwise that this guy has what it takes, cos at the minute I just cant see what all the hype is about.

I said this in the other thread.

ed:

As much as I might agree with the decision, saying we know McMillan would be better at RB is unfounded. He looked decent against Well, but he had Naismith ahead of him and he had no expectation on his shoulders that day.

KB was good enough against the tims. Midfield first Ally.

Because everytime I have seen him he has played very well.

Give the boy a fucking chance, especially when the 2 players infront of him are utter shit.

This season he played very well against Well and Chelsea and you may think thats not enough to get him a start but our right backs are so poor and everytime he has appeared he has performed so why cant he get a run of games at right back? give him a run of games and lets see if he is good enough.

Whittaker has been awful this season and Broadfoot is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen, yesterday he never stopped one Forrest cross and the goal came from him getting beat in the air by fucking Ledley. Why cant Ally see that our right side is our major weak spot and we have had one player who has slotted in there and performed yet he has never been given a consistent run of games.

I said this in the other thread.

ed:

No.

Forrest got in plenty of crosses and Broadfoot didnt stop one, Samaras took him with such ease it was embarrassing and he was at fault for the goal.

Tade raped Whittaker as did McGowan and this is in recent weeks, we need a new right back and there is one sitting there who deserves his chance.

No.

Forrest got in plenty of crosses and Broadfoot didnt stop one, Samaras took him with such ease it was embarrassing and he was at fault for the goal.

Tade raped Whittaker as did McGowan and this is in recent weeks, we need a new right back and there is one sitting there who deserves his chance.

Whereas 1 friendly sub appearance (in a game we lost) and and one appearance in our best game of the season; where iirc he was lucky to not be sent off and had our the best player in the country ahead of him; makes him instantly better?

I thought KB was miles better than you're making out, no fullback in the world stops the majority of crosses coming in every match, I thought Forrest was tamed well by Kirk, and Samaras only beat him because of his pace, fuck all you can do about that.

If you have to make yourself feel better by venting at our staff, start with Ally and McCulloch. Then Whittaker.

Because everytime I have seen him he has played very well.

Give the boy a fucking chance, especially when the 2 players infront of him are utter shit.

This season he played very well against Well and Chelsea and you may think thats not enough to get him a start but our right backs are so poor and everytime he has appeared he has performed so why cant he get a run of games at right back? give him a run of games and lets see if he is good enough.

Whittaker has been awful this season and Broadfoot is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen, yesterday he never stopped one Forrest cross and the goal came from him getting beat in the air by fucking Ledley. Why cant Ally see that our right side is our major weak spot and we have had one player who has slotted in there and performed yet he has never been given a consistent run of games.

So why did Walter Smith not go with him last year, instead of bringing in Foster?

As always it seems that Ally can't see this, but neither do any other managers that Mcmillan has played under.

Totally agree that RB is a major problem with us, but really need convincing about mcmillan being the player to solve this.

I honestly think we need to buy a RB.

Whereas 1 friendly sub appearance (in a game we lost) and and one appearance in our best game of the season; where iirc he was lucky to not be sent off and had our the best player in the country ahead of him; makes him instantly better?

I thought KB was miles better than you're making out, no fullback in the world stops the majority of crosses coming in every match, I thought Forrest was tamed well by Kirk, and Samaras only beat him because of his pace, fuck all you can do about that.

If you have to make yourself feel better by venting at our staff, start with Ally and McCulloch. Then Whittaker.

Where did I say that? look at my above post before posting nonsense.

It wasn't as if he was blocking many crosses, just about everytime Forrest got the ball he would come inside or go down the line and either get in a cross or a shot. Samaras practically jogged by him and yes you can do something about it, you can position yourself better and you're making it out as if there is nothing you can do about someone having more pace than you. What about the goal?

I defend our players and staff all the time on here so I have no idea what you're talking about. Broadfoot and Whittaker are not good enough and its a target area for teams now, McMillan deserves his chance. He has performed well everytime he has played and the 2 right backs ahead of him have been terrible for a while now.

So why did Walter Smith not go with him last year, instead of bringing in Foster?

As always it seems that Ally can't see this, but neither do any other managers that Mcmillan has played under.

Totally agree that RB is a major problem with us, but really need convincing about mcmillan being the player to solve this.

I honestly think we need to buy a RB.

I have no idea.

Thats a pretty poor reason for players not being good enough especially when we have seen Walter and Ally play the same the same players like McCulloch every season regardless of form.

It makes sense to me, both of our right backs have been in really poor form and getting found out most weeks and we have one other right back who has performed well everytime he has played so why cant he at least get a run of games?

Im not saying he is going to be an instant first team star but he deserves a run of games.

Where has this myth that Broadfoot played well in the OF came from ? Him allowing Forrest and then Samaras to run unchallenged for 30 yards into our box is unacceptable. He couldn't pick a blue jersey out either (not the only one mind you).

I'm not saying McMillan is the answer, but he deserves his chance now.

Where has this myth that Broadfoot played well in the OF came from ? Him allowing Forrest and then Samaras to run unchallenged for 30 yards into out box is unacceptable. He couldn't pick a blue jersey out either (not the only one mind you).

Add to that his pathetic marking which led to their goal and his continual hoofing aimlessly up the park.

I have no idea.

Thats a pretty poor reason for players not being good enough especially when we have seen Walter and Ally play the same the same players like McCulloch every season regardless of form.

It makes sense to me, both of our right backs have been in really poor form and getting found out most weeks and we have one other right back who has performed well everytime he has played so why cant he at least get a run of games?

Im not saying he is going to be an instant first team star but he deserves a run of games.

Hard to argue with this - there's no way to know if McMillan will make the grade unless we play him. If the current two regular picks aren't good enough (and they aren't) why not give him some game time.

I could, of course, cut and paste this into the McKay thread

Where has this myth that Broadfoot played well in the OF came from ? Him allowing Forrest and then Samaras to run unchallenged for 30 yards into our box is unacceptable. He couldn't pick a blue jersey out either (not the only one mind you).

Exactly.

He was pish and was at fault for the goal.

But we have been saying those words all season when talking about our right backs.

Hard to argue with this - there's no way to know if McMillan will make the grade unless we play him. If the current two regular picks aren't good enough (and they aren't) why not give him some game time.

I could, of course, cut and paste this into the McKay thread

Can understand the argument of we will never know unless we play him. But ffs he couldn't get a regular game on loan at Wrexham last year 4 starts outta 8 matches is worrying for a player some people want in our 1st team!

Also agree with the other posters about Broadfoot, he obviously aint good enough by any means either.

We need to buy a RB or bring one in on loan asap in my opinion

Not let us down in the short time he's had.

While Whittaker and Broadfoot let us down and cost us goals/points on a regular basis. Even put us out of Europe.

But no, we'll continue as normal and 'grind out' some results because that's the Rangers way. Try and change things to make it better? Hah, who am I kidding?

Not let us down in the short time he's had.

While Whittaker and Broadfoot let us down and cost us goals/points on a regular basis. Even put us out of Europe.

But no, we'll continue as normal and 'grind out' some results because that's the Rangers way. Try and change things to make it better? Hah, who am I kidding?

When did you get so cynical mate?

Its true though

Lets see, why McMillan? For one, its his natural position, he defends first and foremost, but, also has enough to get up the line. Better first touch than either 2 also mentioned (as do most of our younger players). Played well everytime he has had a chance, even outshining Edu and Jig in a DM role the other season.

And, another, more important reason... why not? Whats the point in bringing players through the ranks? Certainly not surely to have them perform well against us (ie Shinnie @ ICT to name 1)

Whittaker, cant defend, so, shouldnt be in a defensive position. Am almost prepared to accept him at RM, almost! As he can look decent going forward

Broadfoot? - just a shocking player, cant even take a throw in!