Ally putting his foot down...

Jack The Flipper

I thought nothing could turn me against Super Ally as a manager as he was my hero when I was a boy, however he seems to be doing his best to do that very thing - to everyone.

I just had an little thought that might explain some of what's going on, I may be putting 1+1 together and getting 98223 but, It's just a thought.

Ally has always been seen as a cheeky chappy happy go lucky smiley smiler farting abouty silly buggery... kind of guy and not someone whom was seen - at the time of him becoming the Rangers manager - as not someone whom could rule with an iron fist.

A bit of steel is required to be a great manager, I think everyone would agree with this, but I think the problem is it doesn't come naturally to McCoist. It's not in his nature at all.

I think what we have been seeing - the crazy tactics & the indefensible player selections - might all be down to McCoist unnaturally trying to show everyone he is boss, and what he says goes - even if people disagree.

It would make sense of all this. Perhaps the players were being a little non chalant in training, still seeing Ally as one of the good guys whom they could perhaps ask questions which would be a little too close to the bone for the likes of Walter.

Perhaps they did question why he was selecting certain players and playing certain players out of position? If that did happen there would have been a time when McCoist finally realised he did not have the same respect as what Walter had, and that he would have to somehow attain that respect if he was going to be a successful manager.

Perhaps this has led to certain players being frozen out - Ally telling them who's boss, making them sit on the sidelines until they show proper respect.

It would make sense for this to happen to the younger and newer Rangers players, as those guys had to break into the team and perhaps either wouldn't have the sense or the knowledge being at this club provides you with to make them realise that what they were saying to the gaffer was out of order.

It would explain a lot, especially McKay and Bendikson.

when ally took over from wattie he said it was like taking the mic from sinatra.ally, if you take the mic from a great singer you dont try to imitate him you sing your own songs in your own style.by trying to copy a great he is making an absolute cunt of himself and his reputation.be your own man ally and people might not be as harsh on you

when ally took over from wattie he said it was like taking the mic from sinatra.ally, if you take the mic from a great singer you dont try to imitate him you sing your own songs in your own style.by trying to copy a great he is making an absolute cunt of himself and his reputation.be your own man ally and people might not be as harsh on you

Couldn't agree more, but i do think you need to either have all the qualities required, or attain the ones you're missing by using your brain in order to be a great manager.

I think a bit of steel is a prerequisite for the job - especially when managing lots of players from different cultures and backgrounds.

I thought nothing could turn me against Super Ally as a manager as he was my hero when I was a boy, however he seems to be doing his best to do that very thing - to everyone.

I just had an little thought that might explain some of what's going on, I may be putting 1+1 together and getting 98223 but, It's just a thought.

Ally has always been seen as a cheeky chappy happy go lucky smiley smiler farting abouty silly buggery... kind of guy and not someone whom was seen - at the time of him becoming the Rangers manager - as not someone whom could rule with an iron fist.

A bit of steel is required to be a great manager, I think everyone would agree with this, but I think the problem is it doesn't come naturally to McCoist. It's not in his nature at all.

I think what we have been seeing - the crazy tactics & the indefensible player selections - might all be down to McCoist unnaturally trying to show everyone he is boss, and what he says goes - even if people disagree.

It would make sense of all this. Perhaps the players were being a little non chalant in training, still seeing Ally as one of the good guys whom they could perhaps ask questions which would be a little too close to the bone for the likes of Walter.

Perhaps they did question why he was selecting certain players and playing certain players out of position? If that did happen there would have been a time when McCoist finally realised he did not have the same respect as what Walter had, and that he would have to somehow attain that respect if he was going to be a successful manager.

Perhaps this has led to certain players being frozen out - Ally telling them who's boss, making them sit on the sidelines until they show proper respect.

It would make sense for this to happen to the younger and newer Rangers players, as those guys had to break into the team and perhaps either wouldn't have the sense or the knowledge being at this club provides you with to make them realise that what they were saying to the gaffer was out of order.

It would explain a lot, especially McKay and Bendikson.

His pals from the 9IAR era would disagree.

Also, he is going about being The Boss, the wrong way.

Training at Rangers has always been non-chalant as you put it because of our normally busy schedule, with 3 jokers in charge of the team too, hard work is not likely to be paramount as is shown in games.

Ally has already said if players dont get a game, they would normally go looking for the manager to ask why, that hasnt happened here.

We know why certain players have been frozen out, its no secrect. Ally can only pick 11 guys, he has his favourites and his friends he cannot drop. He has players he feels, he needs in the team because of what those players have allegedly given to the club the previous 4 years. Which i think is bollocks btw.

Training at Rangers has always been non-chalant as you put it because of our normally busy schedule, with 3 jokers in charge of the team too, hard work is not likely to be paramount as is shown in games.

Ally has already said if players dont get a game, they would normally go looking for the manager to ask why, that hasnt happened here.

We know why certain players have been frozen out, its no secrect. Ally can only pick 11 guys, he has his favourites and his friends he cannot drop. He has players he feels, he needs in the team because of what those players have allegedly given to the club the previous 4 years. Which i think is bollocks btw.

The thing I would say is, there is a difference between determination and one mindedness, and being feared and being known as someone not to take liberties with. And I don't think anyone would imagine McCoist was able to make players fear him if they rub him up the wrong way.

Now you claim to know the way he goes about his every day business, you really are a man full of facts eh, if I don't know I'm gonna make it up like I know everything, I could be wrong but I'll put it out there as I know the crack.

The thing I would say is, there is a difference between determination and one mindedness, and being feared and being known as someone not to take liberties with. And I don't think anyone would imagine McCoist was able to make players fear him if they rub him up the wrong way.

Do his players respect him the same way Seliks players respect Lennon? Do they play for him the same way Seliks players play for Lennon? Do they go that extra mile for him the same way Lennons players do for him?

Now you claim to know the way he goes about his every day business, you really are a man full of facts eh, if I don't know I'm gonna make it up like I know everything, I could be wrong but I'll put it out there as I know the crack.

Whats the point in that, you will just get found out and end up a figure of ridicule. Btw, hows your latest thread going? :blush: Lead balloon springs to mind.

What claims is it you think are wrong?

Do his players respect him the same way Seliks players respect Lennon? Do they play for him the same way Seliks players play for Lennon? Do they go that extra mile for him the same way Lennons players do for him?

Perhaps, but I bet the celtic players *fear* lennon and doubt the rangers players fear getting on the wrong side of mccoist.

It about having a balance, but having the players know when to STFU and not question is important when one person is leading a team of players with different thoughts and ideas.

Whats the point in that, you will just get found out and end up a figure of ridicule. Btw, hows your latest thread going? :blush: Lead balloon springs to mind.

What claims is it you think are wrong?

Your making stuff up and telling like it's fact, mcoist is going about being boss The wrong way. Really, aw shucks enlighten me on your insight. training you say aw shucks, enlighten me since your full of the facts.

Perhaps, but I bet the celtic players *fear* lennon and doubt the rangers players fear getting on the wrong side of mccoist.

It about having a balance, but having the players know when to STFU and not question is important when one person is leading a team of players with different thoughts and ideas.

Exactly my point mate.

Our players dont even come across as the kind to question anything, they dont look like they care and seem happy to go into training for a few hours, go through the motions during games and pick up their thousands per week.

Their players look like they are much hungrier than ours and take more pride in wearing their jersey than ours do. I would have thought if Ally was nothing else, he could motivate players, but that is clearly not the case, our defeats to seriously inferior teams this season, prove that.

Your making stuff up and telling like it's fact, mcoist is going about being boss The wrong way. Really, aw shucks enlighten me on your insight. training you say aw shucks, enlighten me since your full of the facts.

Like what?

Its common sense and everyone can see hes making a cunt of being boss.

Training? Have you not watched a single game for the past 4 years? Where is the progress, where is the evidence these players are being taught football at Murray Park?

Like what?

Its common sense and everyone can see hes making a cunt of being boss.

Training? Have you not watched a single game for the past 4 years? Where is the progress, where is the evidence these players are being taught football at Murray Park?

How old are you swsl?

Nonsense post must have not attended many games when Ally was a player as Ally was certainly no pushover.

This forums needing a good clearout.

a clear out, too late and too many I'm affraid, feet well under table

Why take us off topic? Does the debate not suit your blind faith?

What debate, your talking shite as per, claiming you know people's thinking, nothing to discuss hence why I asked your age, so secretive you eh

"he has players he feels he needs in the team because of what those players have allegedly given to the previous 4 years" I also agree absolute bollocks.

That team on those 4 years, was when David Murray was never handing out the cash which meant, we were stuck with a weaker team year after year. These players need to also look at themselves and see that before they arrived at the club, rangers were a true showing 5 star team. The way they play is complete shite. If whyte was to hand out proper cash and the cash he said he would give, most of the player that are playing at the moment wouldn't even be on the bench.