The Jelavic money

Thermopylae

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything will go to transfers, if we're lucky some of the wages might be freed up for a free transfer/six month loan to cover us 'til Naisy is back.

Ridiculous statement, it's already been said Ally will get SOME of the money to spend.

No percentages involved

Ridiculous statement, it's already been said Ally will get SOME of the money to spend.

No percentages involved

I hope you're right, really do. I just can't see it, I can see the bank eating the hand of whoever offers a couple million and us being left with a bare bones squad, or having to find a replacement on a shoestring budget. :disappointment:

We all know we have a tax case coming up really soon, it would be foolish to spend the money before we know the outcome... As we might need it. I doubt we'll be signing anybody until we know the outcome.

We'll bring somebody in surely. We'd literally only have Healy as a fit striker for the next wee while it would seem.

I think Novo and Boyd will end up back, Jela's wages would maybe cover both of theirs, not to mention I think there'll be more than one exit this season.

I hope we get a wee surprise though and a fringe striker from a prem team, or likewise quality, comes along.

Jela's wages wouldn't cover Boyd's alone. Jela's not in that big money i'm sure and Boyd would have a fair wage, probably the reason we haven't tried to sign him already.

I agree with getting Boyd back if he isn't being unrealistic with his wages, i also think Novo would be handy cos he's never demanding with his wages, was never one of the higher earners. On top of that i think someone like Billie Sharpe would be good.

We need to offload some wages, these guys going out on loan, we'll still be paying 50% of wages, i think Weir should be gone and guys liek Kerkar and Mcmillan as much as id like to see Mcmillan play i also want to see these products of the youth system have good careers.

I have no idea how much Ally would/will get to spend from a Jelavic transfer, but it would make no sense at all to say that he'll get every penny. Selling clubs to us would just bump up prices knowing how much we have to spend, no point in paying more than we have too. It's a game of poker

We'll bring somebody in surely. We'd literally only have Healy as a fit striker for the next wee while it would seem.

All depends on the outcome, we might go down the route of panic signings like Novo, Boyd, or a loan signing but IMO that wont be until the end of the window. The way things are looking, were wanting to sell pretty early in this window to put some money in the bank.

The annoying thing is, we are unlikely to take a risk on a young, unproven striker, (I'd have liked to see Jordan Rhodes here).

However any established striker, in the current market, will be out of our price range. Even strikers like George Boyd would probably be a non starter.