8 months in

TheLawMan

"We will win the tax case"

has become

"we could go into administration because of the tax case"

ALSO

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

has become

"People are stupid if they think we can continue to spend £5m in the playing squad"

ALSO

"We will secure the players we want on better wages in order to keep them at Ibrox"

has become

"People are stupid if they think we can keep paying increased wages"

It appears we have failed to submit audited accounts by the 31st December which is not only a criminal offence but has potential issues in us playing in Europe next season.

Yet amazingly, some people are still blindly backing this guy.

I just dont get it.

I really, really dont.

To quote another campaign. "We Deserve Better"

:anguish:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We will win the tax case"

has become

"we could go into administration because of the tax case"

Whyte said he was confident we would win the Tax case judging by what he was told, it was always a likelihood we would go into Administration, there was never anything clear cut - there still isn't.

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

has become

"People are stupid if they think we can continue to spend £5m in the playing squad"

I must have missed the second quote when it was released, where is it?

"We will secure the players we want on better wages in order to keep them at Ibrox"

has become

Again, I would appear to have missed the second quote here, but we did tie down players on better wages, or is the Steven Whittaker deal a myth?

Post the links to these quotes please mate.

If we were facing a Euro ban for these accounts, the rhags would have been all over them on Jan 1st/2nd. Its obviously not too late.

From Dec 2nd -

And last night an SFA insider informed Record Sport that Rangers will have to "work extremely hard" between now and the spring if they are to pass UEFA's criteria.

Whyte said he was confident we would win the Tax case judging by what he was told, it was always a likelihood we would go into Administration, there was never anything clear cut - there still isn't.

I must have missed the second quote when it was released, where is it?

Again, I would appear to have missed the second quote here, but we did tie down players on better wages, or is the Steven Whittaker deal a myth?

(tu)

Spot on, i want to see these too. Should be an interesting read. Cant believe i missed them. <cr>

You are in the wrong forum if you seek to question Craig Whyte. The truth is the Rangers squad is worse this season than last season; but no matter, at least it isn't the Bank taking the Rangers for a clown; so that's ok then. Remember those previous January transfer windows when our best players and top goalscorers were being punted?- oh, but that was the nasty Bank, so the howls were legitimate. Craig Whyte is 'one of our own', isn't he? There was no £25 million; that was our imagination. There was no £5 million a season with more up-front if needed; again that was us not hearing it properly. No, there was wages etc that Craig Whyte meant, so it all got lost in translation. No, everything is 'going to plan'. Hey, the screens are up, who needs a new striker,or two new midfielders. The screens are working, all is well in the world of Rangers.

You are in the wrong forum if you seek to question Craig Whyte. The truth is the Rangers squad is worse this season than last season; but no matter, at least it isn't the Bank taking the Rangers for a clown; so that's ok then. Remember those previous January transfer windows when our best players and top goalscorers were being punted?- oh, but that was the nasty Bank, so the howls were legitimate. Craig Whyte is 'one of our own', isn't he? There was no £25 million; that was our imagination. There was no £5 million a season with more up-front if needed; again that was us not hearing it properly. No, there was wages etc that Craig Whyte meant, so it all got lost in translation. No, everything is 'going to plan'. Hey, the screens are up, who needs a new striker,or two new midfielders. The screens are working, all is well in the world of Rangers.

You need to explain that, please.

He spent £4m, not even the dumbest Bear would buy the wages included crap. If he spends anymore we go further into debt come May, you fancy that? Where would get the over draft from?

Has Ally not signed 19 players since he took over, including 8 fresh faces into the club?

Yet we are weaker. <cr>

Post the links to these quotes please mate.

If we were facing a Euro ban for these accounts, the rhags would have been all over them on Jan 1st/2nd. Its obviously not too late.

From Dec 2nd -

And last night an SFA insider informed Record Sport that Rangers will have to "work extremely hard" between now and the spring if they are to pass UEFA's criteria.

I think anyone can see i was paraphrasing, but here is the first real quote from him.

"There seems to be this attitude that we should throw money at things, that we should go and spend £5m or £10m on transfers every season. I think the days of doing that in Scottish football are now gone."

Compare to:

THEN

"The wage bill certainly has to come down to around £14m or £15m. Our costs are significantly more than the income here.That has to be dealt with, we have to have a reality check."

This after giving Whittaker £20-£25k per week for 5 years.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3810779/We-have-to-slash-7m-off-wages.html#ixzz1iXgTuulR

Who in their right mind would invest money (serious Transfer money) in Rangers if there was a chance it would become virtually nothing by the end of the season?

If Craig Whyte was to invest millions in this playing squad only for us to sell on the cheap this summer as a result of Administration he would be the worst businessman in the world.

We were repeatedly told that noone would buy Rangers, that we were uninvestable. Well someone has bought Rangers and has dragged us away from the vultures who previously walked our halls and sat in our boardroom. We're in a better position right now than we were this time last season, albeit results-wise we're flailing a bit.

Spot on. A fair few are being taken for a ride.

They just cant see it. (tu)

Who in their right mind would invest money (serious Transfer money) in Rangers if there was a chance it would become virtually nothing by the end of the season?

If Craig Whyte was to invest millions in this playing squad only for us to sell on the cheap this summer as a result of Administration he would be the worst businessman in the world.

We were repeatedly told that noone would buy Rangers, that we were uninvestable. Well someone has bought Rangers and has dragged us away from the vultures who previously walked our halls and sat in our boardroom. We're in a better position right now than we were this time last season, albeit results-wise we're flailing a bit.

Why are we in a better position than we were last season ?

Do you really believe that ?

No-one is saying anyone should throw money at Scottish Football, but dont come and buy my club riding in on your horse and tell me your going to stick £35 million into the club when in reality you are sticking in the sum total of fukk all (excluding the original debt purchase)

I think anyone can see i was paraphrasing, but here is the first real quote from him.

"There seems to be this attitude that we should throw money at things, that we should go and spend £5m or £10m on transfers every season. I think the days of doing that in Scottish football are now gone."

Compare to:

THEN

"The wage bill certainly has to come down to around £14m or £15m. Our costs are significantly more than the income here.That has to be dealt with, we have to have a reality check."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3810779/We-have-to-slash-7m-off-wages.html#ixzz1iXgTuulR

But anything in between 5 to 10 million over 5 years is more than what he said he would spend. Where is the confusion?

Rangers FC cannot afford to be spending anything on players each season without European revenue.

On cuts/wage bill - He is absolutely spot on and this is something i completely agree with him on. If Mr Whyte is guilty of anything this year its allowing Ally to sign so many players and carry a squad we simply cannot afford. Its common sense costs need cut, anyone with a brain should be able to accept that.

He wants to run us within our means, for that he is to be commended. :clap:

Compare to:

THEN

You've totally misquoted Whyte and put your own spin on everything he's said.

What he said is right, we can't spend 5/10million a season in the SPL now, it's not financially viable, what we are doing is spending £5m a season on the playing squad, which is what I'd imagine the summer venture added up to - including wages for the playing staff and Transfer fee's.

Even with bringing the wage bill down to £15m, that's still just under £300k a week, totally understandable considering our league and income. We were run terribly in the years previously, spending money that we didn't have and we're now in the position where it's come back to bite us on the arse, yet we have people like yourself saying that isn't how we should be doing it.

Fuck what Whyte said we were going to do - or what you had made up in your mind Whyte said we were going to do - what we are doing is what needs to be done if we're to survive in the long term.

I dont want to go into debt again.

I just dont want a lying chancer telling me the world is fukking brilliant when it isnt.

Seems to me that these recent quotes you have dug up are pretty honest. If you dont want to go into debt again, then you must accept we cannot be spending money we dont have.

Compare to:

THEN

Everything you write is there for all to see. What were the kind of bids we were making for players in the last transfer window again? What you say will become more prevalent in the months, and perhaps years, to come. Rangers is very disjointed right now. Personally I have yet to be convinced that Mr Whyte is big enough to give Rangers the success it demands. We will see; but the fans will demand answers if players are sold and not replaced by players of a similar stature.

But anything in between 5 to 10 million over 5 years is more than what he said he would spend. Where is the confusion?

Rangers FC cannot afford to be spending anything on players each season without European revenue.

On cuts/wage bill - He is absolutely spot on and this is something i completely agree with him on. If Mr Whyte is guilty of anything this year its allowing Ally to sign so many players and carry a squad we simply cannot afford. Its common sense costs need cut, anyone with a brain should be able to accept that.

He wants to run us within our means, for that he is to be commended. :clap:

So his initial chat was bullshit (tu)

That is all. (tu)

PS - I agree we should run within our means. He talked shite from the off. (tu)

Spot on. When the tax case is done and dusted we will know where we are. (tu)

You've totally misquoted Whyte and put your own spin on everything he's said.

What he said is right, we can't spend 5/10million a season in the SPL now, it's not financially viable, what we are doing is spending £5m a season on the playing squad, which is what I'd imagine the summer venture added up to - including wages for the playing staff and Transfer fee's.

Even with bringing the wage bill down to £15m, that's still just under £300k a week, totally understandable considering our league and income. We were run terribly in the years previously, spending money that we didn't have and we're now in the position where it's come back to bite us on the arse, yet we have people like yourself saying that isn't how we should be doing it.

Fuck what Whyte said we were going to do - or what you had made up in your mind Whyte said we were going to do - what we are doing is what needs to be done if we're to survive in the long term.

See my previous reply.

White Horse.Bullshit.Lies.Bravado.Come on board bears.Im am one of the lads.By the way, i was talking shite because here is the reality.

Said it months and months ago that the attitude of some of the fans was going to be our downfall. :disappointment:

Why are we in a better position than we were last season ?

Do you really believe that ?

No-one is saying anyone should throw money at Scottish Football, but dont come and buy my club riding in on your horse and tell me your going to stick £35 million into the club when in reality you are sticking in the sum total of fukk all (excluding the original debt purchase)

We're no longer being run by a shower of idiots who attempted to dig a deeper hole by asking the bank for more money, and who only seemed interested in the well being of Rangers Football Club when their own necks were on the line.

We have had significant investment in the squad, whether you choose to believe it or not, and we've tied down what are our biggest assets to long term, high earning deals. Any bids which come in and are considered derisory are immediately rejected (See Whittaker to Bursaspor and Edu to Sochaux), and even bids which are a bit more acceptable are rejected (Jelavic to Leicester City).

Look back at previous seasons where we've been unable to offer a contract to Kenny Miller - our top goal scorer at the time - and had to let him go for peanuts.

But you'd still argue that somehow we aren't in a better position because... you dislike Craig Whyte's hairdo.

Everything you write is there for all to see. What were the kind of bids we were making for players in the last transfer window again? What you say will become more prevalent in the months, and perhaps years, to come. Rangers is very disjointed right now. Personally I have yet to be convinced that Mr Whyte is big enough to give Rangers the success it demands. We will see; but the fans will demand answers if players are sold and not replaced by players of a similar stature.

He aint no sugardaddy, he aint no billionnaire, he aint there to plough tens of millions into our club like a Russian ffs. He is here to run us properly.

The success we demand is down to the management team who have had more than enough tools this season to do their job.