So was Whyte lying about Bain and McIntyre's "financial irregularities" too?

Zappa

And those of us that did were called all sorts throughout. (tu)

Oh I know - I defended the BBC and Daily Record and AJ - but even I did not see this Whyte 'mess' and not to this extent - I thought he was going to be hard, brutal about costs even, but crooked and a LIAR I did not see that coming.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what is disappointing looking back is that as a forum we assumed every one against whyte had agendas , the press for investigating him, directors that wrote letters against him, Bain and McIntyre and Thier sackings - we never put 2+2 together to get 4 we always got 3 or 5 and it dhows how destarate we were for a solution that we did not see the warnings till to late

Yes it is disappointing the way the board went over this. Basically the board split into three camps those for Whyte, those against him and those undecided. It is understandable that the majority fell into the 'for Whyte' camp, myself included. After all he was the shiny new leader, head honcho, the Big Daddy of our illustrious club. Why would we not back him?

The 'against Whyte' camp were and still are very vocal in their disdain for the man. Whether this is down to having prior information about him or just a general hunch about him they told us right from the start that he was no good for the club. There were some pretty nasty exchanges between the for and against camps with the undecided camp trying to act as peacemakers. Things became ugly and it put me off the boards for a short while.

The situation now is that there are still three camps. However, the against camp is most definitely in the majority now. On the whole peace has broken out with the odd skirmish here and there and thankfully there haven't been too many of the 'I told you so' brigade.

As for me I'm now in the against camp but the optimist in me is hanging on to that single thread of hope that Whyte had a cunning plan to beat this without the liquidation option all along. A plan so cunning it is as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. :craphead:

I knew a guy, well ex client who did that 3 business on the trot and nothing happened to him and talking huge sums. Moved all the monies to Spain. Nearly chocked over my 8 rashers of bacon. 3 fried eggs , two square sausages, half a tin of Heinz baked beans , 3 tattie scones and two slices of plain bread and butter one Sunday morning reading the Sunday Mail.

With you on the plain bread....never could get a decent roll for my breakfast in Aberdeen. They have a cheek to call they rowie things a roll.

I knew a guy, well ex client who did that 3 business on the trot and nothing happened to him and talking huge sums. Moved all the monies to Spain. Nearly chocked over my 8 rashers of bacon. 3 fried eggs , two square sausages, half a tin of Heinz baked beans , 3 tattie scones and two slices of plain bread and butter one Sunday morning reading the Sunday Mail.

Ha that gave me a laugh and takes me back to the time I was at one of these "business breakfast" seminars at Ibrox a good few years ago attended by none other than Sir Alex Ferguson. SAF began his address by saying "they've got a bloody cheek to call this a Govan breakfast and no' a tattie scone in sight!" Priceless. Only thing missing from your feast is the fried tomato!!

On a more serious note, I desperately hope we can get to the bottom of the mess we are in so we can begin to rebuild asap. I would agree that this is not the time for point scoring on who was right or wrong about Whyte/Murray or the whole sorry saga. We are going to be the butt of a few jokes and snide comments for a while but we'll come though that unscathed. For me the most important thing in all of this is to learn from it and to make sure that this can never happen again to our great club in the future. If we can do this then we will leave a great legacy for future generations of Bears to look forward to.

As for me I'm now in the against camp but the optimist in me is hanging on to that single thread of hope that Whyte had a cunning plan to beat this without the liquidation option all along. A plan so cunning it is as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. :craphead:

It is a truely stunning cunning plan that your Professor of Cunning has conjoured up - so cunning that he has made the majority of Rangers supporters hate him, even getting the police involved, and making himself look like a tit. Its is a plan of such cunning deviousness and dasterdly intention that it might just work.

Baldrick!! My turnip please!

"Doolally Loyal: Hope Branch"

All that is is you not agreeing with the targets which were set. Hardly the same thing.

Not in the least, I was merely pointing out that contary to what you said about not getting a bonus vis a vis the banking scenario, Sir Stephen Hestor was on last night's news defending bonuses paid out to RBS bankers despite a £2bn loss.

I totally agree that bonuses should only be paid on successful target outcomes. I suppose that rather depends on what the agreed targets are at the outset. Players may negotiate win bonuses on a match to match basis albeit that this might never culminate in the winning of actual trophies. So if that is acceptable to the club in question then they will be quite entitled to pay the players bonuses on that basis.