Selling the naming rights of Ibrox...

airdriebluenose

Even if we were not in trouble i think it would be daft not to sell the rights. Newcastle are getting £15m a year, man city get about £350m for 10years and as far as i know just about every team in germany have done it.

Can we afford not to earn so much money especially when UEFA's financial fair play starts next season?

We will always refer to it as ibrox and the new company name cant be put up on the front of ibrox because its a listed building so, why not?

Because the idea stinks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we earned £5m-£10m a year and invested that in the team it would be a bad idea because it stinks? I could see your point if we just £1m a year but we need to earn as much as we can from wherever we can.

Can you see anyone paying big money to sponsor a stadium which is very rarely seen on tv?

So if we earned £5m-£10m a year and invested that in the team it would be a bad idea because it stinks? I could see your point if we just £1m a year but we need to earn as much as we can from wherever we can.

Rename a Scottish landmark, so that we can throw more money at players' wages...players who already earn too much.

Nah, not for me. I'd rather get proper scouting and training in place, and try to move forward.

Can you see anyone paying big money to sponsor a stadium which is very rarely seen on tv?

How often is a stadiums name mentioned on the tv? Considering the amount of fans we have around the world someone might. We wont get as much as they do in england but i think we could get £5m a year but i wouldnt take anything less.

Rename a Scottish landmark, so that we can throw more money at players' wages...players who already earn too much.

Nah, not for me. I'd rather get proper scouting and training in place, and try to move forward.

Whats the point in scouting when players can get much more in england and whats the point in training when they will leave to get better wages elsewhere? We are far enough behind other european countries and need to earn money where we can.

I would honestly struggle to go to games if this happened. The clubs history and traditions should not be for sale at any price no matter how bad it gets.

I don't get how u would struggle when it will still be known as ibrox to us bears and it would gain us millions in revenue each year don't think we cant turn our noses at any money right now.

Whats the point in scouting when players can get much more in england and whats the point in training when they will leave to get better wages elsewhere? We are far enough behind other european countries and need to earn money where we can.

What's the point in scouting and what's the point in training?

Fuck me.

We need only look at our closest rivals to see why we should be scouting and training better! That was an incredible post maxdoblo, sheer stupidity.

I would honestly struggle to go to games if this happened. The clubs history and traditions should not be for sale at any price no matter how bad it gets.

With all thats going on just now and the way whyte has started to rip apart our hisrtory(selling the arsenal shares) you are 100 per cent correct! The shares have went whats next? well be left with nothing!

Just watching the Newcastle game highlights led me to think of this.

With the current situation being that Rangers Football Club need money to continue operating, and to pay off debts, would it be an idea for the administrators to look at selling the name of Ibrox for a year or two, in a sponsorship deal like Newcastle with the Sports Direct Arena.

The owner of Newcastle United is, of course, the man behind Sports Direct. Etihad, sponsors of Manchester City's stadium is owned by Abu Dhabi, which also owns Manchester City.

I don't get how u would struggle when it will still be known as ibrox to us bears and it would gain us millions in revenue each year don't think we cant turn our noses at any money right now.

I can see were people are coming from

However, to me like a lot of fans if not most, rangers is more than a club. Rangers stands for certain things imo like tradition, history and integrity (amongst other). Ibrox the word doesn't really matter but what it stand for tat does. So if we were to sell it imho we are compromising what we stands for.

It would feel like we are no longer the same club morally. That might seem a bit o.t.t but that is what I truly believe.

Sorry for poor grammar im on my pgone

What's the point in scouting and what's the point in training?

Fuck me.

Your missing my point. You dont want to through money at players wages but want to do proper scouting but who is going to come to us if they get better wages elsewhere? Whats the point in doing proper scouting if noone will come because we pay shite wages? Good players are goimg to want good wages. We are already at a financial disadvantage to england and we need to get money from wherever we can to compete.

Your missing my point. You dont want to through money at players wages but want to do proper scouting but who is going to come to us if they get better wages elsewhere? Whats the point in doing proper scouting if noone will come because we pay shite wages? Good players are goimg to want good wages. We are already at a financial disadvantage to england and we need to get money from wherever we can to compete.

We already pay better wages than is available in loads of countries. Of course players will come to Rangers.

Selling our soul to be able to pay players even more money than we do now is just madness.

There will always be good players available on Bosmans or for low fees because they are coming to the end of contracts, and who can increase their wages even coming to Rangers on the wages we pay at present.

There will always be good players who could be spotted if we had decent scouting, and who could be made into great players with good coaching.

I'd have thought most people would have got the message by now that we can't buy our way into strength beyond Scottish shores. It would take a lot more money than we'll ever generate to be able to do that.

We already pay better wages than is available in loads of countries. Of course players will come to Rangers.

Selling our soul to be able to pay players even more money than we do now is just madness.

There will always be good players available on Bosmans or for low fees because they are coming to the end of contracts, and who can increase their wages even coming to Rangers on the wages we pay at present.

There will always be good players who could be spotted if we had decent scouting, and who could be made into great players with good coaching.

I'd have thought most people would have got the message by now that we can't buy our way into strength beyond Scottish shores. It would take a lot more money than we'll ever generate to be able to do that.

What players like ortiz,bedoya,mckay,healy,cousin,mervan,sandaza? Surely having an extra £5m a year would get us players like cuellar,juhasz,goodwillie and conway. We cant even afford players from dundee utd!!

What players like ortiz,bedoya,mckay,healy,cousin,mervan,sandaza? Surely having an extra £5m a year would get us players like cuellar,juhasz,goodwillie and conway. We cant even afford players from dundee utd!!

That's what POOR scouting gets you.

I said GOOD scouting...are you saying we couldn't get another Prso or Boumsong if things were done right?

FFS, we used to find gems in the Scottish Juniors, never mind all over the rest of the world.

That's what POOR scouting gets you.

I said GOOD scouting...are you saying we couldn't get another Prso or Boumsong if things were done right?

FFS, we used to find gems in the Scottish Juniors, never mind all over the rest of the world.

Hang on you already said you dont want to through more money on players wages. Prso came from monaco just after they were in the champions league final so would have been on a very good wage and boumsong would have been on about £30k a week!!! If we want that kind of player we need more cash. Or are you trying to tell me prso and boumsong were on the same money as ortiz,bedoya,mckay,mervan?

Plus these players werent bought because of poor scouting they were bought because thats all we could afford!! If we had the money we would have signed cuellar,juhasz,conway,goodwillie.

Hang on you already said you dont want to through more money on players wages. Prso came from monaco just after they were in the champions league final so would have been on a very good wage and boumsong would have been on about £30k a week!!! If we want that kind of player we need more cash. Or are you trying to tell me prso and boumsong were on the same money as ortiz,bedoya,mckay,mervan?

Plus these players werent bought because of poor scouting they were bought because thats all we could afford!! If we had the money we would have signed cuellar,juhasz,conway,goodwillie.

The fees we paid for Bedoya and McKay, plus their wages for doing fuck all, would probably have paid Prso's wages for nearly a year.

And he actually played now and again.

The fees we paid for Bedoya and McKay, plus their wages for doing fuck all, would probably have paid Prso's wages for nearly a year.

And he actually played now and again.

The days of us signing prso and boumsong are long gone. Plus that was nothing to do with good scouting. They were there for the world to see playing for the top team in france and playing in the champions league final. That was down to having people like SDM being good at persuading these players to come to rangers instead of going elsewhere.

Dont bother struggling,someone else,who is just happy to see the Gers survive,will take your seat.

We need money-end of.

Will only ever be known as Ibrox to me anyway.

Dont bother struggling,someone else,who is just happy to see the Gers survive,will take your seat.

We need money-end of.

Will only ever be known as Ibrox to me anyway.

This.

Who gives a toss if they hang some sign on Ibrox.

It will still always be Ibrox.

Those who have to think about it should consider singing "Rangers til they call the stadium something else."

Supporters my arse.