Will you give the Pars your money now ?

FUDGIE52

There's no way Rangers will be going down to any 3rd division.

The only way Yorkston would vote for that, would be if it saved the pars from relegation. The same applies to the rest. I doubt even liewell would vote for it if it came to it.

The SPL would be lost without its biggest and most successful club, and they know it.

It's pish statements like this that would suggest they wouldn't be "lost without" us. Arrogance is not a well liked quality after all and we should stop blaming everyone else for the state CW and sDM have got us into. If the tims were going through this and coming out with comments like that how would you react? Also, what is "succesful" about being in administration?

Humility is needed right now, some of you need to drop the bravado and remember that we need all the help we can get to get us out of this situation and avoid liquidation.

The rules do not state 3rd division if liquidated. It states that if liquidated, any new member would need to apply to SPL board for re-entry. I can understand Yorkston's point of view, has to look after his own club but can't see how Yorkston should be allowed to vote on this if us being denied entry meant his club avoids relegation, bit of a conflict of interest no?

To be fair, I think I would be in favour of the 3rd division option if the alternative is being in the SPL with no chance of winning the league for 3 years due to penalties imposed and also no chance of european football due to UEFA rules regarding phoenix clubs.

Let's be honest, even with only 10-15,000 fans you would be working to a budget similar to Hearts or Aberdeen but competing against Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Ross Co etc. Build a young team with an eye on them being ready for SPL football in 3 years, add in few solid pros to ensure promotion. A profitable club and saving money for our return to the SPL.

Your last sentence is the most important thing if we are liquidated. If we can still get 20,000 fans every week we should be making untold fortunes. I don't see why we couldn't get back into the SPL with £20,000,000 to play with (20,000 fans per week paying £25 over 25 home games is £12,500,000 so times that by three for total ticket revenue over three seasons - £37,500,000). It's just possible we might even get into Europe through the cups in a couple of seasons and those games would be sell outs.

We would be debt free and a new owner with a few quid to spend would surely step-up to buy us. Or even better, if we were debt free the fans could buy the club. This would boost ticket sales as most of the fans in the ground would own a bit of the club.

To be expected really, Dunfermline are pretty much guaranteed to go down! By voting us 'out' of the SPL they would then be safeguarding their place in the league!

However, the guy should have kept his mouth shut! His club could really do with the money generated by any Gers fans going to east end park and saying this won't do them any favours!

If we are liquidated I would expect to start from the third division. Anything else would be unacceptable.

I'd still accept staying in the league with no punishment, be a pleasure

Your last sentence is the most important thing if we are liquidated. If we can still get 20,000 fans every week we should be making untold fortunes. I don't see why we couldn't get back into the SPL with £20,000,000 to play with (20,000 fans per week paying £25 over 25 home games is £12,500,000 so times that by three for total ticket revenue over three seasons - £37,500,000). It's just possible we might even get into Europe through the cups in a couple of seasons and those games would be sell outs.

We would be debt free and a new owner with a few quid to spend would surely step-up to buy us. Or even better, if we were debt free the fans could buy the club. This would boost ticket sales as most of the fans in the ground would own a bit of the club.

20,000 per week paying 25 quid a pop? 25 home games per season?

What the fuck are you on? :D

I don't think tickets would be £25, current prices in 3rd division are roughly £10/12 (I'm led to believe) there for I don't see us being able to charge double the price of every other team in the league?

It costs us 15 million to run the club every year, and alrthough that would be cut quite considerably you'd imagine by admin, costs would still be high to operate a club of our size. Plus getting 20k a week to watch stranrear or alloa might be tough. i wonder how many fans would still go week in week out to watch this type of opposition throw ten men behind the ball for 90 mins. Every SD3 team would be playing for 0-0

They'll vote to keep us.

They'll hate it, but they'll do it.

The fact of the matter is, when these clubs budget for the season, they do so with the plans of games against both sides of the Old Firm.

For every other club in the SPL yes, for Dunfermline no! By voting us out would keep them in the league giving them 2 old firm games.. By voting us in they don't get any old firm games because they are in the first division!

For every other club in the SPL yes, for Dunfermline no! By voting us out would keep them in the league giving them 2 old firm games.. By voting us in they don't get any old firm games because they are in the first division!

They'd fold without us.

It's pish statements like this that would suggest they wouldn't be "lost without" us. Arrogance is not a well liked quality after all and we should stop blaming everyone else for the state CW and sDM have got us into. If the tims were going through this and coming out with comments like that how would you react? Also, what is "succesful" about being in administration?

Humility is needed right now, some of you need to drop the bravado and remember that we need all the help we can get to get us out of this situation and avoid liquidation.

Well said, that man. I totally agree with you.

We have to wait to see what happens with administration. I would like to see the fans buy into the Club in a big way. Like the German set up. I believe that each German club is 51% owned by fans. I don't think a total fan ownership deal will work.

How do I multiquote?

Got a lot of stick to respond to :lol:

Press the multiquote button at the bottom of the posts you want to reply to, so it goes red..Then go to the bottom of the page and press the 'Use Full Editor' button and they'll appear there.

Guest Strutherhill Loyal

The rules do not state 3rd division if liquidated. It states that if liquidated, any new member would need to apply to SPL board for re-entry. I can understand Yorkston's point of view, has to look after his own club but can't see how Yorkston should be allowed to vote on this if us being denied entry meant his club avoids relegation, bit of a conflict of interest no?

To be fair, I think I would be in favour of the 3rd division option if the alternative is being in the SPL with no chance of winning the league for 3 years due to penalties imposed and also no chance of european football due to UEFA rules regarding phoenix clubs.

Let's be honest, even with only 10-15,000 fans you would be working to a budget similar to Hearts or Aberdeen but competing against Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Ross Co etc. Build a young team with an eye on them being ready for SPL football in 3 years, add in few solid pros to ensure promotion. A profitable club and saving money for our return to the SPL.

Ross County will be an SPL club.