Future players contracts, jumping the gun a bit here but

pcbear

When we have come out the other end of this black place hopefully intact, i dont think any players at Ibrox will be offered anywhere near the 20k plus salaries that the top earners are supposedly on.

The salaries that will be on offer will no longer tempt the guys who follow the money, but will still be substantially better than whats on offer at any other SPL teams, tims apart.

So it looks like youngsters, pick of the SPL and maybe picking up players from the Scandanavian and Eastern European leagues which the clubs still pay low, with some creative scouting requred to unearth players with a future in the game,£1500 a week was a figure i seen quoted for the Malmo team that sent us packing.

Its very noble our players taking a hefty short term pay cut, but its very likely only short term and they will be heading elsewhere to get the going rate for a player of their standing.

I'm likeing the cut of the admin guy Paul Clark, seems on the level.

Hopefully we could still offer one or two players upto £20k a week as long as they are worth it. i.e. davis and mcgregor. FFS the manks can manage to waste upto £40k on the likes of keane, bellamy, and others. Where are they getting the cash from?

Hopefully we could still offer one or two players upto £20k a week as long as they are worth it. i.e. davis and mcgregor. FFS the manks can manage to waste upto £40k on the likes of keane, bellamy, and others. Where are they getting the cash from?

(tu) Exactly. Let's not get carried away here. We made profits in the last 3 years remember.

a wage cap of £15,000,any player wanting more get punted

What's the point of an individual wage cap when it's the total wage budget that actually matters? You're saying it's better to have 20 players on £15,000 than 10 on £8,000 and 10 on £20,000?

We will have no option but keep wages at a realistic level the days of big wages at Ibrox needs to be over we can never put ourselfs in this position again, if that means lesser players then so be it the clubs wellfare must always come first from now on.

When we have come out the other end of this black place hopefully intact, i dont think any players at Ibrox will be offered anywhere near the 20k plus salaries that the top earners are supposedly on.

The salaries that will be on offer will no longer tempt the guys who follow the money, but will still be substantially better than whats on offer at any other SPL teams, tims apart.

So it looks like youngsters, pick of the SPL and maybe picking up players from the Scandanavian and Eastern European leagues which the clubs still pay low, with some creative scouting requred to unearth players with a future in the game,£1500 a week was a figure i seen quoted for the Malmo team that sent us packing.

Its very noble our players taking a hefty short term pay cut, but its very likely only short term and they will be heading elsewhere to get the going rate for a player of their standing.

I'm likeing the cut of the admin guy Paul Clark, seems on the level.

We should have been scouting young players like this for years , but for years we seem to throw money at scouts and very little comes of it .

There needs to be huge cuts across the board , and the days of a posse of directors and hangers on who do very little and get paid thousands for it should be stopped .

I agree that we should be cutting wages permanently and have improved scouting.

We do however need to generate more income, from the untapped worldwide potential of Rangers. If we generate more we can spend more.

Having watched many quality players in eastern Europe and Scandinavia, I wondered why we couldn't get these types of players at Ibrox. Someone once told me it was because these countries have less work permit restrictions, so South American players have no problem playing there.

Contrast that to this country where you basically have to be an international to get a work permit if you are nor British.

I think everyone has said we should adopt an Ajax style model of business where we just produce an endless line of youngsters to sell on, but the fans need to be willing to let them develop and not berate them for not being superstars at the age of 18.

Our days of paying big wages are over. We are running at a million a month deficit! That wont change with a new owner so these wage cuts being imposed are going to be closer to our new wage structure unless we have a very rich owner (who will subsidise) or can guarantee revenue from the likes of Europe or player sales. Youth is the way forward and being frugal. We do not want to see our club start on the same road again. We can have a successful team with a wage cap but it wont be 20k a week it will be performance related ie playing, scoring, clean sheet targeted to build up from basic wage.