Dating site wants to rename ibrox

dardo54

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We continued to employ Gazza after his domestic abuse, and who on here hasn't applauded Shagger ? I fail to see the difference.

I'd rather explain us being sponsored by a dating sitem than having to explain to weans how we used to go to see Rangers at Ibrox, where the flats are now.

Of course tims will pour scorn on the idea, anything that is pro-Rangers is automatically wrong.

Only a tim or a fool could argue that anything that strengthens Rangers is a bad thing.

Really? You don't see the difference between what 2 players get up to and renaming Ibrox after a site such as this?

Forgetting the fact that sponsoring the stadium is never going to be a deal that makes the difference between us going bust or not, I'd rather watch Rangers playing on Glasgow Green again than stoop to that.

Really? You don't see the difference between what 2 players get up to and renaming Ibrox after a site such as this?

Forgetting the fact that sponsoring the stadium is never going to be a deal that makes the difference between us going bust or not, I'd rather watch Rangers playing on Glasgow Green again than stoop to that.

Just how old are you?

No, Perhaps you can explain ?

It's money for old rope really. Ibrox will always be Ibrox. If everyone had your opinion, you'd probably get your wish.

Rangers promoting a site for marriage cheats? How do you explain the immorality of that to weans who ask about the stadium's new name?

The same way you explain the morality of sponsorships from alcohol companies or loan companies who charge 4000%+ APR for their repayments.

We continued to employ Gazza after his domestic abuse, and who on here hasn't applauded Shagger ? I fail to see the difference.

I'd rather explain us being sponsored by a dating sitem than having to explain to weans how we used to go to see Rangers at Ibrox, where the flats are now.

Of course tims will pour scorn on the idea, anything that is pro-Rangers is automatically wrong.

Only a tim or a fool could argue that anything that strengthens Rangers is a bad thing.

This is undoubtedly a PR stunt, the site owner has form in latching on to high profile news items and getting his site talked about. He's effectively a spammer.

I personally would be against dealing with such a company on moral grounds but obviously others are entitled to a different view.

The real issue may be that other sponsors may not wish to have their brand associated with this dating site and therefore choose to distance themselves from Rangers .

The financial impact of that coupled with the potential negative publicity may constitute a nett loss...

Just my tuppence worth. 10310.gif

I personally would be against dealing with such a company on moral grounds but obviously others are entitled to a different view.

The Rangers accept sponsorship via alcohol in a nation with deep-rooted drinking problems, we accept betting companies as sponsors when this wee nation has well documented gambling problems. But, we draw the line at dating companies on moral grounds?

Makes no sense to me at all - if the company really want to throw money at The Rangers in this hour of need then we should let them

Football and morality!

The Rangers accept sponsorship via alcohol in a nation with deep-rooted drinking problems, we accept betting companies as sponsors when this wee nation has well documented gambling problems. But, we draw the line at dating companies on moral grounds?

Makes no sense to me at all - if the company really want to throw money at The Rangers in this hour of need then we should let them

Football and morality!

I agree with you.

It is always difficult to take a moral stand without being open to accusations of hypocrisy.

Accepting sponsorship from alcohol and gambling brands does raise moral issues and I don't wish to defend it.

My problem is not with grown ups having affairs per se, but with the idea of making money out of encouraging them to do it.

I'm sure each of us has a line we would prefer not cross when it comes to the source of money coming into the club, otherwise Duff & Phelps would openly court Mexican drugs barons for investment...

uk.gif

I agree with you.

It is always difficult to take a moral stand without being open to accusations of hypocrisy.

Accepting sponsorship from alcohol and gambling brands does raise moral issues and I don't wish to defend it.

My problem is not with grown ups having affairs per se, but with the idea of making money out of encouraging them to do it.

I'm sure each of us has a line we would prefer not cross when it comes to the source of money coming into the club, otherwise Duff & Phelps would openly court Mexican drugs barons for investment...

uk.gif

Craig Whyte already tried getting them to sponsor the club badges. Pedro Escobar and the other drug barons said "Badges ?? We Don need no steenking badges, besides Senor Whyte, associating with a dodgy googly eyed gringo like you would make us look bad and ruin our reputation."

My problem is not with grown ups having affairs per se, but with the idea of making money out of encouraging them to do it

No different to me than encouraging adults to booze or fritter money away on gambling. I'm in no position to judge another man for one thing, and I think football at large sold it's soul to the devil's purse long, long ago.

No different to me than encouraging adults to booze or fritter money away on gambling. I'm in no position to judge another man for one thing, and I think football at large sold it's soul to the devil's purse long, long ago.

I think both those industries actually encourage moderation but heigh ho.

The world would be boring if we all held the same views.

Pish.

The majority of people who take a drink are responsible, and it's only the fannies and alkies who spoil things for the rest.

The majority of people who like a punt are responsible, and have their three cross on the horses, a fitba coupon at the weekend, or a wee trip to the bingo. It's only the fanny no hopers who abuse it.

Everybody who goes on a site for cheating on their marriage is an immoral cunt with no scruples whatsoever. Rangers should never be involved in trashy, unforgiveable, immoral garbage like this, ever. It's for ratbags.

Promoting infidelity in marriage or in any other relationship for that matter, is for absolute scumbags, and not for British institutions to be involved in.

Pish.

The majority of people who take a drink are responsible, and it's only the fannies and alkies who spoil things for the rest.

The majority of people who like a punt are responsible, and have their three cross on the horses, a fitba coupon at the weekend, or a wee trip to the bingo. It's only the fanny no hopers who abuse it.

Everybody who goes on a site for cheating on their marriage is an immoral cunt with no scruples whatsoever. Rangers should never be involved in trashy, unforgiveable, immoral garbage like this, ever. It's for ratbags.

Promoting infidelity in marriage or in any other relationship for that matter, is for absolute scumbags, and not for British institutions to be involved in.

Aye that's what I was trying to say. Damn my diplomatic language. laugh.gif