Rangers v Ajax 73

uk.gifcunny funt.....was just a young boy . Remember got home just before Christmas and still got my present when leaving hospital at Christmas. Airfix Wellington Bomber kit.

AIRFIX - my god we were easily pleased now we have a worldwide internet :)

By the way had cruyff not being playing we would have gubbed ajax .

I

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I got the Airfix HMS Hood that year. I threw the fucking thing in the bin when Fuckyer Harry signed for them. :D

What were you in hospital for six weeks for? Were you a sickly child? :D

No, fit and healthy. Was just after a trail with sellic bhoys club. Had trouble pooing uk.gif

Aah!

I saw him come on as sub in a league cup sectional game at Ibrox in Aug 73 (my 1st scum game) - don't think he featured much after that?

Big Jaws' more robust approach seemed to get preferred to the silky sweeper skills of Smith, and the likes of Doddy had come into his own on the left side of midfield.

Davie was coming to the end of his career anyway, as most were were at that time once they got to around the 32 mark.

There was also talk of Davie having a bit of a gambling problem, but I can't remember if that was a factor.

AIRFIX - my god we were easily pleased now we have a worldwide internet :)

By the way had cruyff not being playing we would have gubbed ajax .

I

I had a load of the Airfix stuff myself - planes, tanks and boxes of wee plastic sodgers from different armies.

Also think the fumes from the model glue and wee tins of Humbrol paint gave me some genuine psychedelic 60s experiences......man.

Can remember being at both the Ajax and Arsenal games, wonderful memories.

Big Jaws' more robust approach seemed to get preferred to the silky sweeper skills of Smith, and the likes of Doddy had come into his own on the left side of midfield.

Davie was coming to the end of his career anyway, as most were were at that time once they got to around the 32 mark.

There was also talk of Davie having a bit of a gambling problem, but I can't remember if that was a factor.

Davie used to go into a bookies in Carwadric and bet and bet.

Aye - we forget they were finished a lot earlier in those days; he did well to squeeze the great period around the CWCF between the injuries & the end!

Aye, I remember the talk at the time, and that Rangers were taking a dim view of some problems that were coming to light.

Probably mostly gossip, but I know he ended up in bad shape with it.

Shame.

From what I have been told up here , he was a taxi driver and used to sleep in his taxi, think he has a pub in Montrose now. But all in all what a player. Just alone for that ball for Colin to score the opener against Moscow.

Yes. The following season they beat us 3-0, and we won 3-2 at Ibrox.

As well as Vogts, they had superstars like Bonhof, Heynkes, and Wimmer in the team.

Interesting that we pumped Munchengladbach 8-0 and 3-0 on the way to our first European final only a dozen years previously.

Greig kicked one off the line with McCloy stranded about 10 yards out

From what I have been told up here , he was a taxi driver and used to sleep in his taxi, think he has a pub in Montrose now. But all in all what a player. Just alone for that ball for Colin to score the opener against Moscow.

I LOVE COLIN STEIN he may not know it but i did . Rangers won in barcelona

My love for my team as a kid came from this blonde haired center forward who won the cup in barcelona

now he,s as bald as me brilliant :praise:

Beautiful.

Every time I think of Davie Smith playing though, it's a vision of him strolling through a game not even getting his shorts dirty...positioning himself and lurking for a wee slight loss of control from a forward, then nipping the ball away before striding forward himself, with the kind of elegance you seen from the Baxters and the Beckenbauers.

I could greet thinking about the elegance of it all.

Beautiful.

Every time I think of Davie Smith playing though, it's a vision of him strolling through a game not even getting his shorts dirty...positioning himself and lurking for a wee slight loss of control from a forward, then nipping the ball away before striding forward himself, with the kind of elegance you seen from the Baxters and the Beckenbauers.

I was just like that at football10310.gif

Beautiful.

Do you know something colonel - he was so good i didnt know he played for us

he was a silent player did the buisness no medai shite like rio ferdinand

he could never lace his boots and rio is so ignorant and un-knowledgeble about the game

that dipstick will have never heard of dave smith .

Well you should have watched how you play football with dignity and your gob shut .

Beautiful.

We signed Dave Smith from Aberdeen around the same time as we signed his namesake Alex from Dunfermline, for more money. I think it's safe to say Dave was the better buy of the two.

I can still picture him strolling along with the sleeves rolled up, spraying it about with that left foot.