Sandy Jardine as a player..

Class act. Classy stylish footballer wether at right back or when he moved in to midfield. Always capable of chipping in with a goal or two. Had a fantastic career with Rangers before moving on to Hearts were I'm sure he spent a further eight years as a palyer. Remember the Rangers news had a competition giving away signed posters of Sandy (they were huge) and I won one, took pride of place on my bedroom wall for a couple of years. Any time I see him these days he looks like he could still pull on the jersey. I know the job he does today has brought him in to conflict with some fans, but I'm sure those guys wouldn't deny he was a wonderful player.

How did that song go again ?

Class act. Classy stylish footballer wether at right back or when he moved in to midfield. Always capable of chipping in with a goal or two. Had a fantastic career with Rangers before moving on to Hearts were I'm sure he spent a further eight years as a palyer. Remember the Rangers news had a competition giving away signed posters of Sandy (they were huge) and I won one, took pride of place on my bedroom wall for a couple of years. Any time I see him these days he looks like he could still pull on the jersey. I know the job he does today has brought him in to conflict with some fans, but I'm sure those guys wouldn't deny he was a wonderful player.

How did that song go again ?

Sandy ...sandy............sandy in royal blue

started life as a center forward if I remember correctly

I think it is fair to say we have not had a right back of his class since

I watched from high up the old easter road terrace as he did the shimmy and a nice little pass to Mcckean who swung it over for Colin to bury it.

And also bury 10 in a row.

Nice guy as well.

My old man tells me that Jardine scored a screamer in the Dryborough Cup final, the same day Coop scored his legendary "keepie-uppie" goal, says it was arguably a better goal.

Thats the goal but i have heard Jardine had started the run from our half.

My old man tells me that Jardine scored a screamer in the Dryborough Cup final, the same day Coop scored his legendary "keepie-uppie" goal, says it was arguably a better goal.

==

aye you could debate that all night

2 great goals that day

Coops just pips it for me though.

Ran the full length of the pitch, it was a cracker, but was obviously over shadowed by coops goal that day.

That goal of Albert's was the most audacious piece of football ever witnessed on a Scottish ground.If Pele or Maradona had did that,it would have been plastered on the back page of every newspaper on the planet.

Talk about fucking gallus :craphead::praise::praise::praise::praise::praise::praise:

Sandy ...sandy............sandy in royal blue

...We're all crazy over the love of you,

At games you are really perfect,

When we FU*K the Glasgow Celtc,

You look so sweet with the ball at your feet,

Won't you give us a goal or two !!

Can any of you guys remember when Sandy was a target of the IRA ?

Pretty sure it was at the 74 world cup. He was the only Rangers player in the squad. Can't remember exactly how it went, but I'm sure there were death threats made. Can anyone confirm this ?

You're right. There are plenty of references to it. Here's one.

My Grandad who is a hibs fan has always said Jardine was one of the greatest players he has ever seen and there is no right back in the world today as good as he was

====

Your grandfather is a wise man

Also said he was at ibrox in the 60's hibs won ans when he was walking back to the train station this big rangers fan jumped infront of a green coloured bus and head butted it cause it was green :lol:

Ask you old grandad about this lot... They had quite a team back then late 40s in to the 50s

The forward line of Gordon Smith, Bobby Johnstone, Lawrie Reilly, Eddie Turnbull and Willie Ormond,

Not as good as us mind you but still quite a team

Do you remember we played Hibs in the 70s in a Scottish Cup s/f at Hampden ? Think we lost 1-0. There was a lot of shit said in the press leading up to this game by either their manager or one of their directors and the Rangers fans voiced their opinions on the offender through out the game. Can't remember quite what was said but the bears were ragin' at the time.

Jardine was the best fullback I saw play for Rangers apart from Eric Caldow and Sammy Cox. Cox was normally a left half but often played left back for Scotland.

The Hibs Five was actually better than ours. We only used two forwards, Waddell and Thornton. Didn't really need more especially with the Iron Curtain behind them.