• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

not trying to harm our club

Really?

How do you explain away Brown's role in the SPL proposals that are up for voting on the 30th of April? The ones announced on the very day D&P said they were due to reveal the preferred bidder.

Do you think that the timing of the SPL announcement was an accident? And I'll ask again - why would anyone want to give a penny of their money to a known enemy of The Rangers?

SCAB!

I will not feed the enemy!

Look at our Bank statement, without cash we get liquidated. Them and others are killing us, and you are supporting them by your cash! SCAB

We are not St Johnstone we are Rangers! THINK RANGERS!

4000 'Scabs' appreciate your input! (tu) glad to hear your opinion of the Rangers support!

Really?

How do you explain away Brown's role in the SPL proposals that are up for voting on the 30th of April? The ones announced on the very day D&P said they were due to reveal the preferred bidder.

Do you think that the timing of the SPL announcement was an accident? And I'll ask again - why would anyone want to give a penny of their money to a known enemy of The Rangers?

Not the point I'm making! If we, Rangers, were playing Celtic and they were in administration, would you be happy to give them tickets when there is no guarantee of getting the money?

Who made Harrogate the boss? A "scab" is generally held to be one who goes against a democratically arrived at view for their own benefit. I can't remember seeing the vote calling for a boycott of St Johnstone because they wish to sell tickets directly.

It really is quite distressing to see Bears slagging each other off like this - this only encourages the tarriers to snigger and smirk at our discomfort.

Not the point I'm making! If we, Rangers, were playing Celtic and they were in administration, would you be happy to give them tickets when there is no guarantee of getting the money?

I'm not arguing against St. Johnstone's reasoning for not handing tickets over. I understand it.

I'm asking why anyone would give their money to known enemies of the club. And Brown is one of those - no doubt about it.

And I say this as clearly as I accept the drive to see The Rangers is profoundly compelling.

It's a thorny issue, then, but I also think one worthy of some thought as to the priorities of the decision to be made.

But, I wont be jumping aboard any ludicrous 'scab' cries to criticise those who must go. I've been that supporter myself.

Pfft.

St Johnstone deserve nothing from The Rangers support. Nothing at all. And, preferably, nothing at all right now.

The team deserve backing from the Rangers support this season, I care nothing for St Johnstone.

The team deserve backing from the Rangers support this season, I care nothing for St Johnstone.

It's impossible to get away from the fact that attendance hands money from the supports pocket to St. Johnstone club funds.

A club who's chairman of late has been directly working against the Rangers. Fact.

I'm not arguing against St. Johnstone's reasoning for not handing tickets over. I understand it.

I'm asking why anyone would give their money to known enemies of the club. And Brown is one of those - no doubt about it.

And I say this as clearly as I accept the drive to see The Rangers is profoundly compelling.

It's a thorny issue, then, but I also think one worthy of some thought as to the priorities of the decision to be made.

But, I wont be jumping aboard any ludicrous 'scab' cries to criticise those who must go. I've been that supporter myself.

If you look back, I'm all for a boycott, i done a poll on here and sent the findings to the RST/RSA to highlight the point! However I feel the timing is important, this is the last chance to show the Rangers players who sacrificed wages and the like to save our club our appreciation! This is why I will be going to st Johnstone! Come next season, should we have clubs try and force us out, then yes boycotts will be necessary and will receive my full backing!

But not for now!

We should merge this thread with the Rangers fans - less is more thread, as another perfect example of why unity will never happen. One person saying fuck St Johnstone give them nothing, another saying Support the team we may never see them again. Both equally valid points with strong arguments for and against each of them, Personally I air on the side of give them fuck all, but then I'm resident 700 miles away and work a lot of weekends so my away game attendance is poor to say the least. If I attended every week as I once did then I'm not so sure it would be as easy to hold that view. But I guess the point I'm making is the thread has teetered on descending into hatred of each other with cries of SCAB from one side, any ghuests looking in must be chuckling as we tear each other to shreds over minor differences in opinion.

Come on lads now is not the time for in fighting, get it together.

We should merge this thread with the Rangers fans - less is more thread, as another perfect example of why unity will never happen. One person saying fuck St Johnstone give them nothing, another saying Support the team we may never see them again. Both equally valid points with strong arguments for and against each of them, Personally I air on the side of give them fuck all, but then I'm resident 700 miles away and work a lot of weekends so my away game attendance is poor to say the least. If I attended every week as I once did then I'm not so sure it would be as easy to hold that view. But I guess the point I'm making is the thread has teetered on descending into hatred of each other with cries of SCAB from one side, any ghuests looking in must be chuckling as we tear each other to shreds over minor differences in opinion.

Come on lads now is not the time for in fighting, get it together.

As iv said, I'm all for the boycott, just not for this game! And to be called a SCAB for having a similar view as the OP yet saying the timing wasn't correct is pathetic!! Who needs enemies when you have fellow "supporters" like him!

Good post Alnic3856, I am sorrying for calling fellow bears a scab.

We are in the last chance saloon right now, and HAVING CLUBS LIKE ST JOHNSTONE DICTATE to us after all the funds we have put into their ground, is indeed kicking a man when he is down. That is celtic style. They could have got guarantees like motherwell and we could have used the cash flow whilst we needed it. Yes it would arrived abit late but we must think Rangers, not the level head or St Johnstone.

As iv said, I'm all for the boycott, just not for this game! And to be called a SCAB for having a similar view as the OP yet saying the timing wasn't correct is pathetic!! Who needs enemies when you have fellow "supporters" like him!

Im in the same boat. Im all for a properly organised boycott if and when the time comes next season. Was never for it before in any circumstances but it has and will always need a proper figurehead organising it because you will ALWAYS get people who will go to games regardless...

If you look back, I'm all for a boycott, i done a poll on here and sent the findings to the RST/RSA to highlight the point! However I feel the timing is important, this is the last chance to show the Rangers players who sacrificed wages and the like to save our club our appreciation! This is why I will be going to st Johnstone! Come next season, should we have clubs try and force us out, then yes boycotts will be necessary and will receive my full backing!

But not for now!

Tough one this. The Scab thing is a lot of shit but the other point about Brown being an enemy is quite correct.

The thing is Scotty, there will always be a reason to watch Rangers - last game of season, then it will be the first away game of season, then it will be too 'important' a game to boycott. At some point if a Boycott is to happen, it needs to happen at all games.

For example, take the last game of this season at St Johnstone - do you not think that the players would fully understand our reasons for boycotting this game? They have watched 50k turn up and give the most unbelievable support that Ibrox has seen in years..... I am sure the players and staff are under no illusion whatsoever of what Rangers mean to the fans.

A boycott and a shot across the brow of all the SPL chairman may be exactly what is required.

scottyc06 with your views, we may as well let the SPL and the st johnstone chairman, hang draw and quarter us. After all he will still get his pennys as we are just too loyal to vote with our brains and make a difference.

Have you been listening? I'm FOR a boycott! however this is not the time, for a proper boycott it needs to be backed by the relevant groups and be planned way in advance! It's far too easy for people who had no intention on going to a game to say boycott!

yes organised boycotts are the way forward, but if st johnstone get a few thousand less turning up at an unofficial one, they may ask.... wonder if that has anything to do with us breaking protocol and not allowing Rangers to use our cash flow the way we normally do!

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF AN OFFICIAL BOYCOTT WAS ANNOUNCED

Tough one this. The Scab thing is a lot of shit but the other point about Brown being an enemy is quite correct.

The thing is Scotty, there will always be a reason to watch Rangers - last game of season, then it will be the first away game of season, then it will be too 'important' a game to boycott. At some point if a Boycott is to happen, it needs to happen at all games.

For example, take the last game of this season at St Johnstone - do you not think that the players would fully understand our reasons for boycotting this game? They have watched 50k turn up and give the most unbelievable support that Ibrox has seen in years..... I am sure the players and staff are under no illusion whatsoever of what Rangers mean to the fans.

A boycott and a shot across the brow of all the SPL chairman may be exactly what is required.

Read my last post!

These things take time to organise! It needs to be backed by the appropriate groups to gain a maximum boycott! Give it until next season, organise it properly and you'll see the results!

They may know what it means, but they're last game as a group of players together and there's nobody there? Not for me!

yes organised boycotts are the way forward, but if st johnstone get a few thousand less turning up at an unofficial one, they may ask.... wonder if that has anything to do with us breaking protocol and not allowing Rangers to use our cash flow the way we normally do!

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF AN OFFICIAL BOYCOTT WAS ANNOUNCED

That wouldn't happen! Theres not enough time to arrange an official boycott!

I don't think you have enough people who would agree that they are doing any wrong by protecting themselves by changing the protocol and please don't argue about that point to me again!