Liquidation.

So what exactly are the implications for Whyte/SDM/I guess Lloyds since they were effectively in charge in a liquidation hearing again? Back over three years prior to the lapse into insolvency?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's close. The admins statement reeks of desperation , Kennedy said he would put in another bid if we were going into liquidation. Fucking disgusting that people can't accept it's a strong possibility that we can and every passing day it gets stronger. I won't make the same mistake with administration , I said to everyone Rangers in administration? Nah! But look what happened.

What do you expect to gain from this thread??

Apart from depressing the fuck out of people!!

I'm with you on that, it's one thing after another! But Monday won't be the be all and end all! We should be covered until the end of the season anyway! So liquidation talk until then is merely rumour!

Just seems to be getting desperate from the admins , a 'plea' for un-conditional offers says it all really. They need good offers now or thats it.

Sometimes it's better to laugh than cry...

Aye, Rangers is like family to me , i'm going to laugh when death is a possibility.

What do you expect to gain from this thread??

Apart from depressing the fuck out of people!!

I've been building my liquidation bunker out in the backyard since 20 Feb. Just finished laying some tile, was gonna start stocking up on non-perishables this weekend but I may run to the grocer's today just to be sure.

Aye, Rangers is like family to me , i'm going to laugh when death is a possibility.

Not gonna happen, mate. Stop worrying your life over a plc. What was the name of the holding company when Murray owned us?

D&P can't really do much if the bidders are struggling to get Ticketus on board.

We heard TBK were stepping back because Ticketus has gone behind their backs to broker a better deal, now we are hearing Ticketus keep changing their numbers with NG meaning further delay's while Kennedy submitted a new bid a day or 2 ago.

It's confusing as fuck tbh.

Maybe D&P are shackled because of the Ticketus involvement, and that may be a valid point....However, D&P seem to keep moving the fucking goalposts regarding "The last bid" date,and when the PB will be revealed.

We get the Hibbee fan putting in his "best offer' as was the stipulation for ther final bidding,then we hear he returns about two weeks later with a bid double what his "best bid" was <cr>

It's sending me round the pole,because every minute the stories seem to change.Fuck knows what the score will be when I wake up in the morning (It's Friday here now btw!) so the quicker we get this sorted,the better.

Maybe D&P are shackled because of the Ticketus involvement, and that may be a valid point....However, D&P seem to keep moving the fucking goalposts regarding "The last bid" date,and when the PB will be revealed.

We get the Hibbee fan putting in his "best offer' as was the stipulation for ther final bidding,then we hear he returns about two weeks later with a bid double what his "best bid" was <cr>

It's sending me round the pole,because every minute the stories seem to change.Fuck knows what the score will be when I wake up in the morning (It's Friday here now btw!) so the quicker we get this sorted,the better.

Bids can be made right up to someone enters legals Oz

Not gonna happen, mate. Stop worrying your life over a plc. What was the name of the holding company when Murray owned us?

You do realize that we need to pay our debts to get our history back? And it would be an utter embarrassment for Scotlands best and most successful club to go into liquidation. I think you should wake up.

It must be harder being so far away from things, at least we have hourly updates on the radio here. (Not that they are very useful)

It seems obstacles are a daily occurrence regarding these bids and deadlines are just empty words, who is to blame? No idea but I feel everyone in this has a blame attached to them.

I hope for both our sakes as well as the other supporters out there that when you wake up we will be closer to a workable solution.

You do realize that we need to pay our debts to get our history back? And it would be an utter embarrassment for Scotlands best and most successful club to go into liquidation. I think you should wake up.

I think you should wake up and realize that the possibility of a CVA slipping away is part of the reality of this situation, and people should've been prepping themselves mentally or however they needed to go about it for this moment.

At this point, if it lets us tell Ticketus to get fucked, I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything's gonna be just like it used to be.

So what exactly are the implications for Whyte/SDM/I guess Lloyds since they were effectively in charge in a liquidation hearing again? Back over three years prior to the lapse into insolvency?

Lloyds will be squeaky clean, I would imagine ... not much chance of a reputable bank being done for anything and as the debt to Lloyds appears to have been cleared by Rangers FC Group, without the money ever entering the Rangers FC plc books, I would guess Lloyds are out of the equation. I would also imagine that SDM will have covered his tracks. Whyte? Well, not paying PAYE and VAT could be construed as fraudulent trading.

Aside from the legal implications, there has to be a very real threat to the safety and well-being of those involved, particularly Whyte. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... some Rangers fans are not exactly the people I'd want baying for my blood.

That's another point, why are people hiding from this? It could happen and as the days go by its getting closer!

Most aren't hiding. Liquidation is a possibility. Unquestionable. I think it's more the fact that this thread seems like a punt out of nowhere in a vain effort to say 'I told you so' - unless you are partial to some in-the-know information, which you haven;t shared with us, you are as much in the dark as all of us. We could be in liquidation by Monday, we could have been bought by Monday. Absolutely nothing tells me that you have any more knowledge than anyone else, do you?

Fuck knows how you feel being so far away mate but I could imagine it will be ripping you apart to see it like this

It's certainly not doing my old heart any fucking good,I can tell you,mate! :anguish: I don't actually know whether it is better being away from it all,or whether it is worse, because I'll go to bed and mull over the days events, then when I wake in my morning,the whole fucking scenario appears to have done a somersault and we are looking at a completely different outcome.

Never in my long life did I think this would happen to Rangers FC. :mad:

Lloyds will be squeaky clean, I would imagine ... not much chance of a reputable bank being done for anything and as the debt to Lloyds appears to have been cleared by Rangers FC Group, without the money ever entering the Rangers FC plc books, I would guess Lloyds are out of the equation. I would also imagine that SDM will have covered his tracks. Whyte? Well, not paying PAYE and VAT could be construed as fraudulent trading.

Aside from the legal implications, there has to be a very real threat to the safety and well-being of those involved, particularly Whyte. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... some Rangers fans are not exactly the people I'd want baying for my blood.

Aye, my assumptions re: Lloyds were the same, hence the "I guess". Can't see them getting caught up in this, just worth an ask.

Whyte had better hope we all forget how to sort out Monaco on map...

Yes I know, ED, but I just wish that when D&P give a timescale to something,it doesn't keep changing....we are running out of time.

My thing is mini could have paid the money, not as he said offered but actually hand delivered a bankers draft, that would have settled a few concerns.

Most aren't hiding. Liquidation is a possibility. Unquestionable. I think it's more the fact that this thread seems like a punt out of nowhere in a vain effort to say 'I told you so' - unless you are partial to some in-the-know information, which you haven;t shared with us, you are as much in the dark as all of us. We could be in liquidation by Monday, we could have been bought by Monday. Absolutely nothing tells me that you have any more knowledge than anyone else, do you?

I know no more than anyone else. I wouldn't say it was a 'I told you so' thread , I'd say it was a more 'get your head out the sand' thread. Most supporters are going, Rangers going into liquidation? No chance Watp etc. I think we need to have a buyer by Monday.

It's certainly not doing my old heart any fucking good,I can tell you,mate! :anguish: I don't actually know whether it is better being away from it all,or whether it is worse, because I'll go to bed and mull over the days events, then when I wake in my morning,the whole fucking scenario appears to have done a somersault and we are looking at a completely different outcome.

Never in my long life did I think this would happen to Rangers FC. :mad:

Same feelings for me. I would certainly say this though....notwithstanding some annoying posts etc on RM (some of which can really annoy), having RM as my source of information has been a godsend...I say that sincerely. Without you guys, I'd still have to rely on BBC websites etc...!!

So thanks to most(perhaps not all ;-))), for keeping us old colonialists updated.

RTID