english league response

eosmhdo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

has the old firm not tried 2 go 2 the english league b4 and all clubs voted againdt this

I've often considered whether it would be viewed better if it was just one of the "Old Firm" clubs that moved ... a big fear may be that some of the so-called "sectarian" nonsense would be introduced south of the border if both were to head south.

If ever there was a time to do it, it would be now.

Fans are warming to the idea of a Division 3 restart - not in a newco scenario - so it could make perfect sense to explore the idea of beginning in the lower leagues of English Football (as previously illustrated by Swansea and Cardiff) as a route to recovering as a Football Club.

I still don't want it though.

I've often considered whether it would be viewed better if it was just one of the "Old Firm" clubs that moved ... a big fear may be that some of the so-called "sectarian" nonsense would be introduced south of the border if both were to head south.

ok say if just 1 club moved 2 there league there might not be sectarian but would they not use that as an excuse and say touble would start because of scottish vs english, but was it because of sectarian that stopped the old firm moving in the first place. i thought it was something else im maby wrong

Although I would love to see our club play in England, there are a few problems partly due to the following...please don't take this out on me but:

1) Quite a few football forums down here have fans who are anti this because of the anti English feeling that they see coming out from your politicians i.e. the SNP and as a result they feel as it appears all Scots want independence they can f**k off. (Obviously miss the red white and blue of our colours).

2) Others are happy with us joining but it will only be acceptable if we follow the same route as AFC Wimbledon and AFC Chester City and the route AFC Rushden and Diamonds are trying to follow and get elected to the bottom of the football pyramid.

But one real interesting bit about some of this is a complaint often raised about Cardiff and Swansea is that they appeal to the Welsh FA to get cards recinded..funny that.

To get to the EPL may be a long trip if we go this route but I will be happy interesting to go to places like Exeter and Yeovil in about 4 years time

Although I would love to see our club play in England, there are a few problems partly due to the following...please don't take this out on me but:

1) Quite a few football forums down here have fans who are anti this because of the anti English feeling that they see coming out from your politicians i.e. the SNP and as a result they feel as it appears all Scots want independence they can f**k off. (Obviously miss the red white and blue of our colours).

2) Others are happy with us joining but it will only be acceptable if we follow the same route as AFC Wimbledon and AFC Chester City and the route AFC Rushden and Diamonds are trying to follow and get elected to the bottom of the football pyramid.

But one real interesting bit about some of this is a complaint often raised about Cardiff and Swansea is that they appeal to the Welsh FA to get cards recinded..funny that.

To get to the EPL may be a long trip if we go this route but I will be happy interesting to go to places like Exeter and Yeovil in about 4 years time

wellingborough, from the interview on SSN yesterday with the chairman of the "English Football League" he said the process of a club making application goes to a members vote.

not sure if you know but i have a couple of questiosn on this.

what exactly does the EFL govern, i.e:

premiership

championship

league one

league two

conference leagues

i suspect that they govern championship, lg 1 & lg 2.

so, when he said the member swould take a vote on it, doest hat mean we can apply to EFL, or in other words, skip the conference and enter league 2?

secondly, when he said "our members vote on it" does that include ALL the clubs in ALL those leagues? Or would it only go to a vote of League 2 chairmen?

wellingborough, from the interview on SSN yesterday with the chairman of the "English Football League" he said the process of a club making application goes to a members vote.

not sure if you know but i have a couple of questiosn on this.

what exactly does the EFL govern, i.e:

premiership

championship

league one

league two

conference leagues

i suspect that they govern championship, lg 1 & lg 2.

so, when he said the member swould take a vote on it, doest hat mean we can apply to EFL, or in other words, skip the conference and enter league 2?

secondly, when he said "our members vote on it" does that include ALL the clubs in ALL those leagues? Or would it only go to a vote of League 2 chairmen?

The Football League controls from the Championship down to the 2nd Division, I believe that the lower part of the pyramid is governed by the FA:

However, I think that the BSP has it's own chairmans association and last season they killed off Rushden and Diamonds for finacial issues and their groups chairman is / was the chairman of Stockport County who stayed up after Rushden kicked out so politics down here can be just as dirty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-League_football

The Championship is an interesting division, bit of a graveyard of yesterday's great teams like Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Ipswich etc....the referees are absolute shite, make the SPL ones into world class officials

The Football League controls from the Championship down to the 2nd Division, I believe that the lower part of the pyramid is governed by the FA:

However, I think that the BSP has it's own chairmans association and last season they killed off Rushden and Diamonds for finacial issues and their groups chairman is / was the chairman of Stockport County who stayed up after Rushden kicked out so politics down here can be just as dirty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-League_football

The Championship is an interesting division, bit of a graveyard of yesterday's great teams like Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Ipswich etc....the referees are absolute shite, make the SPL ones into world class officials

on that basis, its encouraging that the guy yesterday said that it would be possible to joing the EFL. He simply said it would be a vote of it's members.

to me, i dont think the conference is a viable option, i'm sure alot of they clubs probably play on a pitch with a single stand that holds about 700 people.

if we could gain entry straight into league 2 i'd take it though, we'd only be 1 league apart from Portsmouth & coventry, who not so long ago played in the Prem. I'd be confident we'd be a championship side after 2 seasons.

<div> This would be Excellent if Rangers could gain entry what a Journey, and what a Great Weekend Down there it would be .</div><div>My Mother stays in Hull ,and I have Loads of Mates in Lincoln From my time in the RAF ,I also have my Stepson who works in Wigan Ath Stadium as a Chef.

It would be Brilliant if we could get there .Could Fly to Exeter .Brilliant </div>